2024 NBA Draft Thread

The Sacramento KANGZ are selecting Devin Vassell (G/F), Florida State. Vassell listed at 6'6" with a 6'9" wingspan can immediately slot in at the SF position to become an instant 3&D contributor. Vassell adds some top tier athleticism to the KANGZ to run alongside Fox A Milly, Hield and Money Bagz.

200.gif

1. Golden State Warriors - Anthony Edwards
2. Minnesota T'Wolves - LaMelo Ball
3. Charlotte Hornets - Killian Hayes
4. Chicago Bulls - Isaac Okoro
5. Cleveland Cavaliers - James Wiseman
6. Atlanta Hawks - Onyeka Okongwu
7. Detroit Pistons - Deni Avdija
8. New York Knicks - Cole Anthony
9. Washington Wizards - Aaron Nesmith
10. Phoenix Suns - Kira Lewis Jr.
11. San Antonio Spurs - RJ Hampton
12. Sacramento Kings - Devin Vassell

The New Orleans Pelicans ( B Sox B Sox ) are on the clock.

The Sacramento KANGZ are selecting Devin Vassell (G/F), Florida State. Vassell listed at 6'6" with a 6'9" wingspan can immediately slot in at the SF position to become an instantly 3&D contributor. Vassell adds some top tier athleticism to the KANGZ to run alongside Fox A Milly, Hield and Money Bagz.

200.gif

Was really close to taking him at 8

With the 13th pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Pelicans select Tyrese Haliburton, sophomore combo guard out of Iowa State.

New Orleans has their franchise cornerstones in Zion and Brandon Ingram. Both excel with the ball in their hands. Once Zion finally got to play, we saw an uptick in Lonzo's production even though his usage went down. He was generally always making the right plays and was helping the team win. So why not bring in Lonzo 2.0 in Haliburton?

At 6'5" with a 6'8" wingspan, he should be able to guard multiple positions, is a great passer, and can knock down 3s (43% as a Freshman and 42% as a Sophomore) despite his weird looking jumper. Perfect complementary player for them going forward. Team would be even more fun to watch than they were this year.

13. New Orleans Hornets - Tyrese Haliburton

The Portland Trailblazers ( addict4sneakers addict4sneakers ) are on the clock.

with the 10th pick, the Phoenix Suns select Kira Lewis Jr out of Alabama

We flirted with the idea of Obi Toppin here but we would need to see another year of interior defense before we would pair a cone with Deandre Ayton. Ultimately, Ricky Rubio ain’t it and will be 30 this year. Lewis is a good enough playmaker and should be able to play off the ball and alongside another playmaker in Devin Booker. Lewis Jr shot 41% in catch and shoot opportunities, and 35% off the dribble according to synergy sports tech. He needs to fill out but [jayzvoice] he’s only 19. [/jayzvoice]

A year or less under Rubio and he should be ready to go.

:smh: , yo woulda been perfect in Orlando ...Now I gotta update my board

14th pick and a perfect spot for him, the Portland trailblazers select Obi Toppin out of Daytona.

he should be able to feast playing off dame and CJ and Whiteside/Nurkic defending the paint. if not a starter he might be able to give you homeless mans montrezeleleldhsbsbab Harrell vibes.

he can’t defend a chair though.

14. Portland Trailblazers - Obi Toppin

The Orlando Magic ( frshstunna frshstunna ) are on the clock.

15. Orlando Magic - Tyrese Maxey

The Minnesota T'Wolves ( hood17 hood17 ) are on the clock.

The San Antonio Spurs select RJ Hampton. Elite bucket getter to prop up an anemic offense and send the message to DeMar DeRozan that he needs to LEAVE.
Great pick.

Late lotto to teens looking more interesting to me than the top picks, minus Hayes and Melo. :lol:

Most of the guys I think Dallas should target are still on the board. I feel like they can go in one of two directions... either feed another prototypical skill set into their system or grab an athlete/defender/motor guy to do the dirty work

Wolves select Jaden McDaniels from Washington

Wolves here looking for height next to KAT along Spellman off the bench. And has the ability to knock down some 3s as D’Lo & KAT PnR all game.

Last edited:
Couple things after going through this mock with relation to others I've seen...

- I can't imagine Cole Anthony falling out of the top 10 where Detroit, New York, Washington, and Phoenix would all pass on him. Somebody is going to buy into his HS pedigree.
- Speaking of pedigree, could 100% see Ainge attempt to trade up a few spots for RJ Hampton if he falls past 10 or so. Has a history of going after highly ranked HS recruits that may not have lived up to expectations in college (Avery Bradley/Jaylen Brown/Romeo Lanford). Has 3 first round picks and probably can't/shouldn't actually add 3 rookies.
- Toppin and Haliburton aren't falling out of the top 10 either I don't think. Someone will trade up for them if it looks like they are going to.

15. Orlando Magic - Tyrese Maxey
16. Minnesota T'Wolves - Jaden McDaniels

The Boston Celtics ( JD617 JD617 ) are on the clock.

Wolves select Jaden McDaniels from Washington

Wolves here looking for height next to KAT along Spellman off the bench. And has the ability to knock down some 3s as D’Lo & KAT PnR all game.

I like this kids game a lot.

Back
Top Bottom