2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

When the Griffey’s retroed this year, I figured I should line up fcfs for them since I figure snkrs can always come up with there bs and a off day for me and it should be easy since no one really cares about griffeys back then and I figure most kids don’t even know who Griffey is these days, but boy was I wrong and it will be the last time i will ever do fcfs. There was a line of about 40-50 ppl of all ages. Like with all lines, half the people cut the line and this kid cuts this guy in front of me. Once the line started moving, they had an argument and the guy in front of me took out a knife (I think it was like a swiss army) People scattered and then the store decides to cancel and then a mini riot happened. I feel bad for the bs some of these retail workers deal with. After 10 minutes of the argument and mini riot, they decide to reopen the line. Of course the first few people straight up asked, whats the biggest size you carry? Last time I’m dealing with fcfs. And when the dude brandish his knife, I’m thinking in my head, oh man this kid is about to die over Griffeys.

tl;dr: Lined up for Griffeys. Kid cut line, and the guy who got cut was about to cut him up. Riot ensues and then insert Jerry Seinfeld gif after this ordeal.

lol @ nike showing customized IDs (toebox painted white) on their website

1628733198060.png

FE49888B-031D-4C81-A09C-4726D4668907.jpeg

for a raffle ticket
My desire to purchase the latest and newest sneakers diminish more and more as time goes on. Don’t get me wrong I still love sneakers but the headache, bs, and the people associated with them now are just weird to me now.

This isn’t directed to anyone up here of course. Imma be on NT with or without the sneakers.

I’m with you 100%. The shoes don’t even look that great, ugh.

If I can’t purchase them from my phone or computer, I’m no longer interested. These raffles are idiotic.

Footage in this ig post doesn’t actually show the person getting shot but shows the immediate aftermath, more detail and interviews and context if anyone was wondering. Super, super sad. I hate the culture.

I’m born and raised in LA and an OG Sneaker Head, and there is one thing I do not do in LA - go to any shoe store with an uncontrolled drop, and that includes doing raffle entries. Too many fools out there. Prayers to the family of the young employee

feels weird doing this, but, I received my Undefeateds earlier. Use of different materials is 👌🏾
37969014-059E-4DA3-9C03-FFFA3C396322.jpeg
3BF7392A-8873-4A3B-99F1-205A3F432694.jpeg
67FB675F-3787-43A1-82DE-2272796C1471.jpeg

IMO that incident isn't a representative of the state or climate around sneaker culture. I don't want to downplay the severity of the tragedy. But a POS with a gun is gonna be a POS whether it's about sneakers, road rage, money, etc

its not completely representative of the culture, I agree but stupidity is rampant in sneaker culture.

That killing was nothing other than stupidity, and not the first time somebody has been murdered at a raffle/drop/etc.

IMO that incident isn't a representative of the state or climate around sneaker culture. I don't want to downplay the severity of the tragedy. But a POS with a gun is gonna be a POS whether it's about sneakers, road rage, money, etc
****s been going around like this since the 80s. Nike are to blame tbh. This artificial scarcity **** is dumb. Apple makes products for the masses and rakes in trillions. Nike would be wise to do made to order good shoes and their revenue would jump tenfold

Yeah not to put it on the same level but you'll never catch me letting anything like that play on my feed. Won't watch Shaun Livingston or Kevin Ware or anything like that either.

Add that PG injury too :sick:

Seeing those type of injuries/killings literally be having me feeling like throwin up.

Watching someone get they life taken on camera is next level though.

I want no parts.

****s been going around like this since the 80s. Nike are to blame tbh. This artificial scarcity **** is dumb. Apple makes products for the masses and rakes in trillions. Nike would be wise to do made to order good shoes and their revenue would jump tenfold
I agree with this. They are a a piece of **** company not changing the way they do biz when people are dying over a ****ing sneaker. Like you said it has been happening since the 80s and they don’t give a ****.

Those look great on feet. I wasn’t sure whether to go for them as I didn’t quite like the mismatch between the shoes, but I’ll now give them a try.

Good call, really nice looking shoe in hand, just posted the mini review on IG and tiktok this morning if you wanna see what all the laces look like, etc

Better or worse suede than those reverse goldenrods?

hmmm... tough. i like the reverse goldenrods a LOT
the suede here is ok tho, def better than some GR stuff but not like the super butteriest in the world. i think the goldenrods just kinda caught me off guard with how soft it was for a GR. the Barcas ok tho

Back
Top Bottom