2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

its not? the story behind it and all that happen surrounding it.... it is part of the sneaker culture history - just like the Menthol "dunks" from back in the day. pretty sure it even had other implications in the way Nike was able to defend the IP.
I dunno b. I buy sneakers because I like how they look and/or feel (comfort). They are not historical objects to me. That's some crazy hypebeastery IMO. When I look at Warren Lotas's shoes, apparel and "designs", I see unappealing and unoriginal looking gear, then I see the flock of sheep behind him. Maybe you're right though, maybe $600 is a good price for a piece of history now and you can off them to another one of his sheep in a few years for even more.

I dunno b. I buy sneakers because I like how they look and/or feel (comfort). They are not historical objects to me. That's some crazy hypebeastery IMO. When I look at Warren Lotas's shoes, apparel and "designs", I see unappealing and unoriginal looking gear, then I see the flock of sheep behind him. Maybe you're right though, maybe $600 is a good price for a piece of history now and you can off them to another one of his sheep in a few years for even more.

I am with you - I dont normally look at shoes as history either. I am all about wearing my shoes but, I just seen this as something different. And yes, I won't lie... The monetary gain from the shoes was definatly something I was thinking about. :smile:

Either way tho - it was neat to see them IRL. I long forgot about them so to walk in and see them on the wall with everything else was something different.

8A4CDA05-79D6-4CB1-A58B-D3CF9DA96D90.jpeg

these have joined the discussion ^

I love bootlegs, I bought a pair of Plessume "slam highs" this year after grabbing both the Fugazi 1s and the dunks and deciding they weren't for me. Warren Lotas arguably had some of the weakest **** by just changing the swoosh and tags but I don't mind if everyone gets their take.
slamhigh-jpeg.2837966

These guys stole the Rick dunk swoosh, got rid of the flex notches in the mudguard, bumped up the collar height, added a side zipper, and made them out of materials nicer than even my best Nike collabs.

Hard to have this conversation now. Let's see if it's still memorable 10+ years from now. I'm good on all bootlegs to each their own but it's just lazy to me and usually a money grab.

I love bootlegs, I bought a pair of Plessume "slam highs" this year after grabbing both the Fugazi 1s and the dunks and deciding they weren't for me. Warren Lotas arguably had some of the weakest **** by just changing the swoosh and tags but I don't mind if everyone gets their take.
slamhigh-jpeg.2837966

These guys stole the Rick dunk swoosh, got rid of the flex notches in the mudguard, bumped up the collar height, added a side zipper, and made them out of materials nicer than even my best Nike collabs.
A ripoff of a ripoff :lol: bro please delete your instagram app

Bootlegs are bootlegs but lets not forget where Nike came from, bootlegging Onitsuka Tigers. The dunk is an original design but they had to get a design team from somewhere after making money off a model based after another sneaker, same with new balance and a bunch of other brands. But what do you do shrug*

slamhigh-jpeg.2837966

God no. They actually made dollar store versions of Rick dunks? This is blasphemous.

Back
Top Bottom