2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I copped a few last year and I may cop a few classic CWs this year. But I agree, SBs are head and shoulders over JB in terms of quality, at least JB Retro (The Melo M10's have superb quality and technology. Just putting it out there)
nike defines retros as being for casual wear so they dont go all out with quality. they have to for the new sneakers that they market as performance.

I still buy J's off of nostalgia. The quality isn't all that but I actually grew up watching MJ be the best and now I can get some of the kicks I couldn't get as a kid. But, I'm not gonna help a dude who has never copped an SB before cop these because of the hype or they wanna sell. If they wanna roll like that, they can get their own intel

Pretty much. Jordan had me for years on the nostalgia, but not anymore. Only a few release I hold near and dear, but it's not worth the headache and stress for plastic leather.

I like the SB lane I'm in, and the community is way better and its actually about the shoes not everything else.

/rant

I'm just clowning around......all the info you'll need WON'T be on here...
just-hug-it-out.gif

Fixt

nike defines retros as being for casual wear so they dont go all out with quality. they have to for the new sneakers that they market as performance.
To a degree, they should. People don't ball in retro kicks. They just rock em with casual outfit and sunday best. I won't lie. They retro I ball in is the Air Force Max. I still ball in my pair from 05. They're beaten but good.

Pretty much. Jordan had me for years on the nostalgia, but not anymore. Only a few release I hold near and dear, but it's not worth the headache and stress for plastic leather.

I like the SB lane I'm in, and the community is way better and its actually about the shoes not everything else.

/rant
I agree with what you're saying. Just be wary because I have a feeling SBs popularity is about to return to the way it was in  mid 2000's.

To a degree, they should. People don't ball in retro kicks. They just rock em with casual outfit and sunday best. I won't lie. They retro I ball in is the Air Force Max. I still ball in my pair from 05. They're beaten but good.
at the prices they charge it's just not worth it to me. $170 for crap "leather" and assembly vs $120 for premium materials and less hassle. im to the point where i'll only buy retro jordans if they're suede/nubuck because the leather is straight up garbage

Skate shops doing people dirty, but I guess they've seen a influx of people lately that don't usually shop there. I'm tempted to stop by my local, but I'm sure I'll get the same treatment.

I agree with what you're saying. Just be wary because I have a feeling SBs popularity is about to return to the way it was in  mid 2000's.

Ugh, I can feel that coming too. There's some good folks in here. Sometimes a PM can go a long way.

THERE ARE A HAND FEW OF PEOPLE I WOULD PM HERE

AND I ALSO HOPE I AM ONE OF A FEW HAND FEW THAT THOSE HAND FEW WOULD ALSO PM

at the prices they charge it's just not worth it to me. $170 for crap "leather" and assembly vs $120 for premium materials and less hassle. im to the point where i'll only buy retro jordans if they're suede/nubuck because the leather is straight up garbage
Yea, I feel ya man. I agree with what you're saying. But sometimes, I see a pair I like and I have to cop. 

Just can't help it sometimes.  But quality definitely is lacking

It's like you know it's bad but you keep f***ing with it. Now, I have never had a pair of my J's rip or fall apart, the Retro quality is subpar to most everything. But people keep buying so they won't stop making em. I'm one of those ppl

Ugh, I can feel that coming too. There's some good folks in here. Sometimes a PM can go a long way.

I don't think it will ever go back to it's extreme days

SB is too big now; back then it was small and really Dunks were the whole brand

Janoski's are easily the strongest seller within the SB brand

Yea, the writing's on the wall and with Nike putting SBs at Niketown, they're trying to expand the line and make it mainstream or more commercial.

Yea, the writing's on the wall and with Nike putting SBs at Niketown, they're trying to expand the line and make it mainstream or more commercial.

it's really already there; all they are really doing now is slowly adding Dunks to Niketown

It's like you know it's bad but you keep f***ing with it. Now, I have never had a pair of my J's rip or fall apart, the Retro quality is subpar to most everything. But people keep buying so they won't stop making em. I'm one of those ppl
Right, we continue to support Nike's stock lol

Found a few places around me that are getting the Tiff's.  Most are raffles but 2 are fcfs.  The raffles are 2-3 hours away so IDK if I'll make that trip.  FCFS are 1.5-2 hours, so I'm trying to plan my trip.  Anyone think 12 hours before release is long enough to wait?  I can't quit my day job and camp now like some people are lol

That I don't mind, just I don't want it to become like this release on 2/8. It's selfish but I rather the hype just stay away for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom