2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

If resellers sell them for $250 on eBay after shipping/taxes they are profiting about $85 and I really think the ceiling will be about $200 when pairs hit eBay
nah easy 300 for those that have in hand sat those that order online and try to re sell will probably drop to 250 or 200 maybe

So you paid $300 for a pair when that is the current market price and you expect it to stay there when 60% of these actually hit eBay?

And how does going to Africa in July have anything to do with waiting until after the release date? :lol:
Hes IN Africa until july, but hes not entirely wrong either, prices will remain pretty high. The idiots camping are making it like this, i do think they will be had for less than 300 but hes not being entirely unrealistic.

Last edited:
to each their own but I think anyone paying $300 now is foolish when you have many sites to take a shot at on Saturday

these will come down in price; every big dunk release comes down and these are probably produced in about 3 times the amounts of current dunks like the Premiers, UCS's, Civilist's etc

i do also think its foolish to pay 300 right now or ever for that shoe. im not paying over 160, honestly id rather just not have em at that point, so basically retail sites or bust. If i strike out on to the next one.

Last edited:
Hes IN Africa until july, but hes not entirely wrong either, prices will remain pretty high. The idiots camping are making it like this, i do think they will be had for less than 300 but hes not being entirely unrealistic.
and the fact that RSVP services and ATC services are charging 100..

to each their own but I think anyone paying $300 now is foolish when you have many sites to take a shot at on Saturday

these will come down in price; every big dunk release comes down and these are probably produced in about 3 times the amounts of current dunks like the Premiers, UCS's, Civilist's etc

i hear you but honestly not even the UCSs had a quarter of the people in here as this did and its like that on a way bigger scale for the sneakerworld. like i said earlier BRED 11s there were 500,000 supposedly and it didnt mean much as far as how much people were getting for them> And yes the hype might not be on that level but in proportion to the number of shoes made its worse.

and the fact that RSVP services and ATC services are charging 100..

had to catch myself almost paid 80 for an add to cart that still had my size :smh:

Last edited:
Stilln729

Retail or bust on the tiffs ?

Keep believing bruh

I won't spend over retail on these

What's the last SB that was widely released that sky rocketed in secondary market value. I'm struggling to think of somethin from the past 5 years I can't easily find under $200.

Cnc 's

Is 310 a good pre-order price?

Sure is if your pockets can afford it.

Repped @basedlarock for the prank.

Somewhere in a sock drawer I've got an 2/3 unworn pairs of Diamond Socks. I just may have to dig them up. I just remembered how geeked out I was when I finally got a pair of the lows a few years ago.

People keep throwing out 112 dunks

Pretty far from $300

And if you're gonna pay $300 or more for some dunks get some that truly merit that price like hyperstrike Levi's.

A lot of the people in here remember the old days when SB's were actually rare

pre-yeezy, these were hands down one of the hardest to find and most expensive shoes released on a major scale

dude probably just didn't want to risk it

and the way nike's have been reselling for insane prices. . .i don't entirely blame him

Last edited:
A lot of the people in here remember the old days when SB's were actually rare

pre-yeezy, these were hands down one of the hardest to find and most expensive shoes released on a major scale

dude probably just didn't want to risk it

and the way nike's have been reselling for insane prices. . .i don't entirely blame him
hard to find??? ...... smh people don't do their homework is the problem

Every single hyped Dunk has started out around $200-300 and once they all hit the market sellers can't get their money back

UCS
Civilists
Premiers
YOTHs

These will come down in price drastically once the market floods; I swear I feel like some of you feel some kind of exclusiveness by justifying the bend over price for these right now :smh:

Last edited:
And if you're gonna pay $300 or more for some dunks get some that truly merit that price like hyperstrike Levi's.

This is what really boggles my mind, some of these prices being thrown around I could probably think of 4-5 different dunks I rather have. I understand everyone is different and I don't know what's in their stash, but damn.

just a thought but you think nike is over producing to help stop the sneaker madness? 

can't stop the madness but I guess over producing makes more people happy due to the fact it's more easy to cop but then again people want limited ****. 

yea for 310 i would gone on ebay and got some awesome older sb's SOL, Rayguns (might have to add a few bucks for ds), WPFs, for way less, Cheech and Chongs, etc.

Last edited:
So you paid $300 for a pair when that is the current market price and you expect it to stay there when 60% of these actually hit eBay?

And how does going to Africa in July have anything to do with waiting until after the release date? :lol:

Clearly my chances of copping at retail are slim to none... If I waited til post release I'm assuming I'd pay around the same price. If I waited til july when I get back who knows what I'd pay.

300 is 300 I ain't happy about it but eff it I got it and I'm clearly not hurting now that I spent it.

And say what u want but I've been around NT and sneaker culture for well over a decade. I've seen plenty of shoes sell for 300 or so before release date only to be doubled after.

Hell just recently dudes could've bought bred 1s for 275 from a seller on amazon like a week or two before release then got pissed on RD and after when the price soared to 350-1000 (on flight club).

Even before that I was around for galaxy foams and remember a dude selling his pre orders for 500 when. Dudes thought that was insane only to watch them soar past 1000 a week later.

Like I said I ain't happy bout the price but it is what it is. Some of u dudes are gonna sleep outside only to be charged over retail by shops if ur even lucky enough to get a pair. Let's just say I've always been too old for that.

If a dude wants to question my credentials, by all means, do so. My feeling won't be hurt

I didn't say anything about your credibility.

I said that you dissed a dude for "following" and checking you out, while simultaneously promoting your social media channels, presumably because you want people to... follow you and check you out.

Not even being funny or trying to sound like one of those super old guys, nor am I trying to justify the price I paid but some of u dudes just aren't realistic. There are literally ppl sleeping outside for this shoe already. If u really think they are gonna be able to be had for 200-250 after release your dumb. I paid the 300 today because I really like the shoe and don't wanna deal with the hassle of calling 100 shops only to be told no or we don't have your size. Not to mention I'm in freaking africa til july and have much bigger things to worry about. So what if I have to skip a pair of shoes I only kinda wanted down the line it's worth it because I'm already at ease with this release. I can cross those other bridges when I get there.

I actually agree. I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that we are at the point where the retail price point is meaningless. Between shops charging above retail and the number of people paying for RSVP or ATC assistance to acquire these, the base price for the shoe really isn't 108 for a large chunk of people acquiring it at source. Additionally, the release is attracting people whose natural habitat is Jordans or Foams or whatever - shoes where the normal initial price point is much higher. So, while 250 on the resell would seem high to a SB head, to a visiting Jordan dude, that's standard for a merely above average release, let alone a shoe recreating one of the most well known and beasted for shoes ever produced. When people set their resale value, they are going to be thinking 200 to break even, not 110, and then they will tack the profit they want on top of THAT number.

As I said before, I think the most recent Supreme drop represents a pretty good model for the pricing curve of this shoe over time.

As to why the shoe may fetch more in resale after release than in presale before release, that question is pretty easy as well. There's a value proposition and risk reward equation for a pre-sale. You are paying heavy to lock down your pair, but there is the hope of getting them at retail. Once that option dies the pricing equation changes. Those who say there are more pairs on the market after release, and that will drive down the price, ignore the fact that the demand side grows hugely as well. Prior to release, most of the supply is just unaccounted for - you don't know if you'll have one or not, but the hope exists. Once that's closed, all the leftover consumers descend on the secondary market. This is counter to presale, where only a very small percentage of people actively seek that market.

All that is to say that after release, both the supply and the demand side increase. There's no law that states which market will settle higher - pre-sell or resell. Once the release is over, you are left with a different supply demand equation, and what matters is the proportion by which each side has changed.

If you think the demand for the 112s is the same as the demand for these, you're an idiot.

Thank God someone said it...

And check the thread I been around, hype on 112s was no where near this. Hell hype on concords wasn't even this real.

Back
Top Bottom