2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

To this day I still have no regrets in missing out on the 112's and actually helping someone get a pair that they wanted to wear for themselves..

BIP I'm once again with u.

What's crazy is I'm actually trying to look out for some cats. I'm in africa literally so clearly this release wasn't gonna be my typical cop.

But right now there's some dude in some fly over state thinking he's gonna cold call 100 shops on Saturday and is hoping to get lucky, only to still be told "sorry we don't have your size or we are only doing in store sales". That same guy is prolly gonna end up looking online and probably cashing out somewhere in the range of 250-350 in less than a week because he really wants the shoe (not for hype either just because he really wants to wear the shoe).

That guy needs to smarten up and just consider the pre sale because 250-300 today is the same as 250-350 next week

I need to smarten up? :lol:

I think I'm smart enough not paying $300 for a pair of $108 Tiff Highs

LOLOL I can't tell if people really think these will be had at resell for less than 300 or if they're just lying to themselves because they know they might strike out come Saturday.

I can see where these dudes are coming from, a lot of us normally in here are ignoring that Tiff = hype, it IS a shoe that sells at that crazy price, so the way supreme highs came out and then supreme lows later but they are still up there in price witht he highs. These kids these days arent worried about the quality. Its a version of the tiff so that carries the hype with it even though its a high version of the low shoe. I think its unrealistic to think theyll dip anywhere below 200 anytime soon and that they wouldnt eventually end up fetching 300+ even if its not right away, and it might be right away, im done trying to predict. What i know is the hype has been made real.

Last edited:
Well - you are looking in the wrong places if you are looking on eBay, but that's another story.

I'm comparing them because these will serve as the consolation prize for a younger or less well-heeled cohort of buyers.. I'm comparing them because the existence of the 2005 pair is the only reason people care about these at all. If the 2005 pair never released and this exact shoe came out right now, it would have less thirst behind it than the 112s. How can you not consider the original in the future price predictions for these. ...That's like ignoring whether something is an OG CW when thinking about Jordans - like it's a coincidence why Royals, "Breds" and Chicagos reach a certain resale market and other iterations don't.

again you aren't making any sense by continuing to use lows as a price indictor for highs; they are two different shoes 9 years apart

these will drop below $300 for the current "future" once people flood the resale market

Resns can be had for $200 or less. Premes are the exception because of hype so that's like saying galaxy foams again.

I'll give you skunks. But these aren't skunks. To start the quality is faaaaaar from it. The "croc" skin is exactly like the one used on the low replicas

This my last post tonight. Since its literally 4 AM Here and I got ish to do in the morning.

Some of u NT dudes need to learn that honestly some ppl just don't care. Unfortunately this shoe is bigger than just the regular SB crowd who has a right to complain about quality etc.

The diamond colorway for many ppl is NIKE SB. These could come in a freaking blue reebok box without a lid and dudes would still cough up thay bread.

Skunks are a beautiful shoe are mostly south after and coveted by dudes who like SBs. These are sought after by ppl in general who just like shoes. It's not realistic to think the post release price on them will only be a couple bucks more.

Quote:

Yes, that is exactly why.  Hype for the 112s was "big" to people who like Dunks and the regulars in here.  This is attracting everybody.  Did this thread have this much activity when the 112s came out?  Were there 100+ posts/hour five days before release?

They're only attracting more because people "expect" to attain the resell price of the lows which they won't. Look at those chumps in the campout video. You think they're there for the shoe? Since Sunday? LOL they think they're gonna cash out.

And BIP the lows aren't a foreshadowing for futures on the resell for the highs. Remember SB scene was waaaaaay different back then than it is now. First far fewer pairs were made. Second many pairs were hoarded and the ones sold were skated. Didn't some guy drop off like 10 pairs at holy Grail Los Angeles like a few months ago? And the same argument goes for the skunks. Fewer pairs made and far fewer DS pairs available now.

Last edited:
Stillin do u live in a fly over state? I been in this thread for a good while now and u know it.

Honestly I have no doubt u won't have much of an issue getting your pair because you've been a part of this culture for a good while.

But clearly my post wasn't aimed at u, it's aimed at the guy who isn't u and doesn't have that same history.

Do what u do tho fam 300 is 300 like I said for me a person who literally has no chance to cop at retail and has the extra money to blow it wasn't a big deal. I made it clear I ain't happy about it but I def ain't gonna cry over spilled milk. I have bigger concerns.

Sounds like some used car salesmen in here.

"Oh this one here's got a lot of hype. I'll tell ya"

$300 is clown pricing. No exception.

Last edited:

Hollywood Juice.

SOMP...
smokin.gif
repped

Last edited:
BTW,

I hate being on the side of the argument that I'm on. And, I hope I'm wrong.

Further, my opinion is really just that - an opinion. I think it's an educated guess, but that's all.

Without trying to sound like a d-bag, I know a lot of people here take my opinion seriously. I don't want anybody thinking that because BIP is saying the resale will be really high, then it will be. Listen to the argument, not the messenger, and then decide what you think the future will hold and plan your course based on that.

I can respect this, when I was reading your previous post on the subject I thought I stepped in bizarro world, but it all comes down to the bold part.

Well said.

Alright, this is my 2 cents on the Tiffany Hi Dunks.

I foresee $300 being the top end price of these dunks. I'm a even quite sceptical that they will be able to sell for that price for a sustained period of time. In the SHORT TERM they may be able to sell for even a bit more, but short term is just that... it doesn't truly represent an accurate secondary market price. 

Yes, there is a ton of hype... but every sneakerhead knows that hype is almost never sustainable or enduring. Sure... the interest right now is huge, but how many of these people aren't just resellers or short term collectors that are simply interested because its the current "IT" shoe? Like it or not guys, sneaker collecting is pop culture... the mob is finicky, and ever changing. 

We also have to factor in the "much larger than usual" amount of these that is going to be available. Huge hype but also huge quantities. 100 pairs at stores? That's alot more than the usual single FSR or scattered pairs of quickstrikes. 

What am I trying to say here? If you have been in this game for any period of time, I assume you know patience and endurance is key to getting the pickups so sorely sought after.

My advice here is the same. Do your homework, be fast on the initial drop and you will most likely luck out. However, if these shoes actually mean something to you and you're willing to wait... the prices will settle back down. Be patient and you will be rewarded. Resellers only make the money if there is the demand. YOU supply the demand. 

These will never hit the $500+ mark, but hey... that's just what I think. 

Good luck everyone. 

On another note anyone in socal go to HOTROD LA ? Anyone have any idea how many pairs they got in

Resns can be had for $200 or less. Premes are the exception because of hype so that's like saying galaxy foams again.

I'll give you skunks. But these aren't skunks. To start the quality is faaaaaar from it. The "croc" skin is exactly like the one used on the low replicas

Dudes don't care about quality. Premes aren't the exception - they are the best comparison made thus far. The "Supreme" moniker is the only association mentioned thus far that holds the same weight as the "Tiffany" name/CW on the beast and resale market.

again you aren't making any sense by continuing to use lows as a price indictor for highs; they are two different shoes 9 years apart

these will drop below $300 for the current "future" once people flood the resale market

We'll just agree to disagree. No need to clog the thread further. I hope you are right.

Sounds like some used car salesmen in here.

"Oh this one here's got a lot of hype. I'll tell ya"

$300 is clown pricing. No exception.

Retail is clown pricing for every pair of AJ11 released after 2011 (except the DMP 11s). What does "clown pricing" have to do with anything. It's stupid. Very stupid. It's stupid that the lows can fetch a mortgage payment - and I say that as somebody who owns multiple pairs of them. But, that's what it is. That's what I believe the price will be - and it will be stupid, and clownish. But, it's no surprise, as the entire hobby has become stupid and most of those who participate in it are clowns. So, that all seems like par for the course, if you ask me.

These will never hit the $500+ mark, but hey... that's just what I think. 

Good luck everyone. 

I agree with this too.

My guess.

275 - 350 after release, with the requisite outliers trying for $500.

After 6 -12 weeks, you might see it settle out more along the 250 - 300 range.

A year from now, you'll be looking at 350 - 450, and this is probably where they will stay for years.

The biggest thing that would make me re-assess this prediction is if we new the production numbers were going to be HUGE. But, I don't have that kind of info and I don't trust most of it as reported on sites like this one.

Based rock should've gave the number to Tiff & Co instead of chipotle.... on that note, when are we gonna tell these resellers that Tiffany & Co are releasing these?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom