2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Quote:

Here is 2 recent drops from SB that have historical significance.

Isn't the fact that it is was the SAME design and the only thing that was flipped was the colorway make it a retro? I think that's exactly what makes it a retro.

I'm not totally against Nike SB retroing stuff, if it's done correctly. That's where I think that they'll lack though. The PH 2s are a clear example of this. The quality and design of the PH 1s was clearly BETTER than that of the PH 2s. I think that retroing something every 9 or 10 years would be okay. I just don't want SB to start leaning on retros like JB is doing. I mean JB has NOTHING outside of retros. This retroing discussion is SO intresting I wish I had alittle bit more time to comment.
UNKLES are on eof my grails. The funny thing is I missed them when they released and found out later they hit outlets.

Mailman hooked it up...

damn john, you aint playin around with that heat...im real curious as to what your whole collection looks like...how old are you btw? how old is everyone in here? im 31.

as for my opinion about retros, id be cool if they retroed the og dunk low pro b colorways like the ross dunks or the og griptapes. the ogs had a terrible fit, whereas the new fit is super comfortable. the PH2's or supremes arent a retro imo.
Thanks man. I'll post pictures here and there, I'm clearly not a professional photographer though.
roll.gif
 Repped!

Why aren't they retros to you?
Comparing JB retroing stuff to SBs being retroed isn't all that related. SB would simply be retroing a colorway, not an entirely different model shoe like JB does. The dunk is still being released every month in new CW with quality materials. Why would they use worse materials to being back an older colorway? Also isn't the dunk technically a retro model?
Not sure if that's coherent, just my 2 cents on the subject
When I spoke about it I was speaking in a context of Nike SB retroing colorways, seeing that colorways are ALL that they could retro. To respond to you, I would say if you look at the PH 2, it clearly isn't using the best materials. The PH 2s are clearly cheaply put together, nowhere near the quality of the PH 1s and it is indeed a retro of a colorway. There were shoes that SB put out in the blue box era (the Guccis to be exact) that shows that SB could dip in quality and sale. The Nike SB is indeed a spin off of the Nike Dunk which was a basketball shoe.

Here's the info: "The Nike Dunk was originally released in 1985, it is no surprise that this shoe is still going strong in the sneaker community. So many other sneakers have evolved from this model, Nike Dunk SB, Nike Hyperdunk, Dunk Lows, Dunk Highs, Nike Dunk 6.0, and the Nike Dunk Mid SB. Many love this shoe simply for its classic and vintage look, also there are so many different collaborations and color combinations you could go with. That is why after a long hibernation Nike reintroduced this sneaker in 1998. Also this shoe is the backbone for the Nike Skateboarding line."

Repped!
UNKLES are on eof my grails. The funny thing is I missed them when they released and found out later they hit outlets.
Dude, the Unkles were one of the first SBs I bought years ago. They got me into SB. I love them. Repped!
For those who wanted the Chuck Treece (McRad) Tee. Available at Pemier:

http://www.thepremierstore.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=Search&PID=16249
Don't have my size but repped for sharing the info!

black box dunk collection...yeah, i painted the swoosh on the brian andersons black
grin.gif

& john, for me to consider it a retro the shoe would have to be the exact same colorway w/ the same materials that were used before. if they released an all black suede dunk with a grey sole i wouldnt consider it a carhartt retro. just my thoughts

Last edited:
Gorgeous Unkles up there.  Those, Tiffs, Send Helps, and Skate or Dies are probably my grails SB wise.  Unfortunately I only own one (Send Helps). 
laugh.gif

I'm sure if I thought about it more, my list would wind up being like dozens, lol.

Quote:
black box dunk collection...yeah, i painted the swoosh on the brian andersons black
grin.gif

& john, for me to consider it a retro the shoe would have to be the exact same colorway w/ the same materials that were used before. if they released an all black suede dunk with a grey sole i wouldnt consider it a carhartt retro. just my thoughts
Damn good stuff. I see those Neptunes cookin' and Pee Wees looking nice.

So would you consider them retro+ colorways?
I got my Mcrads finally! Paid $119.00 then tax +shipping was another $20 and got the last size 10. Nothing left but a 9 and 9.5 at Backdoor Skate Shop in Greensboro, NC 252-752-7049 as of right now. They are doing phone orders.
If I had reps I'd rep you! Damn good look on the info! That's what this thread is ALL about!
Gorgeous Unkles up there.  Those, Tiffs, Send Helps, and Skate or Dies are probably my grails SB wise.  Unfortunately I only own one (Send Helps). 
laugh.gif

I'm sure if I thought about it more, my list would wind up being like dozens, lol.
Very clean sneaker! I couldn't wait to cop them when they dropped. Slept on around my way!

For those in the DMV area. Pure in Annapolis is releasing the McRads tomorrow. No phone orders, but the manager said that if they still have some available Saturday they would start doing phone orders.

They also aren't carrying anything above 12, which sucks for me cuz I'm looking for a 13. Anybody in the DC area know if anybody is getting any 13s? I saw a couple pages ago that it was rumored they didn't make any 13s, can anyone confirm this?

Feeling those pee wees. :smokin , can anyone link me a shop that has available ?
Torn between these anthracite also best price I saw was on ccs with free shipping

Last edited:
Whew! Lot of nice pairs up here lately.

Feeling those pee wees. :smokin , can anyone link me a shop that has available ?
Torn between these anthracite also best price I saw was on ccs with free shipping

Can't find em' on sale anywhere right now. I'd sit tight for now a deal should pop up some time soon.

Last edited:
Already made my mind up, if I miss out on the Black/Royal 1's, I'm going to treat myself to a couple of pairs of Nike SB's. It's been too long.

Hate what Nike did to the SB website. Looking at the "Museum", brings back a lot of memories of hunting for SB's back in 2004-2006. Sold all of them except my BTTYS, Send Helps and Eire dunks. Don't regret it, although I do miss the Brian Anderson's a little, would be perfect with some of the stuff I wear now.

I've been patiently waiting for a markdown. They're on eBay for like 77 shipped in a few sizes, but I wanna get them a lil lower. Confident they will hit like $60.

Thanks for rubbin it in, John lol. Such a gorgeous shoe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom