2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Don't get me wrong i do NOT support BP and the way they handle their releases. Even back before most shops started charging over retail they would jack the price up like crazy and claim their reason for it was "they paid to get the shipment earlier" total BS. I do like the shoe though and will be picking up the QS version once it hits my local, if that ever happens.

Yep. BP is definitely known for juicing up the hype. I'm sure this is no different.

Just Came Home To These Pics Do No Justice For This Shoe Very DOPE Shoe ... Thanks Plus Skateshop

I just started in Nov of 2012 this what I got so far.....

All highs unfortunately but on the hunt for sum lows .. Hopefully sum heat!!!

You're off to a very nice start dude. 2012 was a good year for dunks in my opinion. And 80 bucks for those Koziks?! That's a steal right there..

I hope they NEVER retro SB's.

I definitely agree. I don't see it coming because I really don't think dunks aren't as appreciated as a whole. It's more of an enthusiast thing. They can always find a new collab or new concept before it ever gets to retros.

Gotta rep you guys, just stretched my reps out for today.. :tongue:

Last edited:
Just Came Home To These Pics Do No Justice For This Shoe Very DOPE Shoe ... Thanks Plus Skateshop
Real nice DUDE! People in here know how I feel about the Kozik and the fact that you got them for 80 bucks makes that a TOTAL STEAL! Good on you! Repped.
Yep. BP is definitely known for juicing up the hype. I'm sure this is no different.
Need I say MORE?!?!? Repped for speaking the truth!
I just started in Nov of 2012 this what I got so far.....

All highs unfortunately but on the hunt for sum lows .. Hopefully sum heat!!!
Nice stuff as well. I see those DB SBs! Real nice start! Repped.
I hope they NEVER retro SB's.
I don't think people even notice that they've already retroed SBs.

Aren't these technically retros?

(Too lazy to take my own pics
laugh.gif
)

Those SB sold out everywhere in seconds! I think SB will retro more in the future but I don't think it will EVER get to the point of where JB is with the retroing.

I dont think SB will ever do retros. Doesn't make sense to because none of the colorways have any historical significance.

Real nice DUDE! People in here know how I feel about the Kozik and the fact that you got them for 80 bucks makes that a TOTAL STEAL! Good on you! Repped.

Need I say MORE?!?!? Repped for speaking the truth!

Nice stuff as well. I see those DB SBs! Real nice start! Repped.

I don't think people even notice that they've already retroed SBs.

Aren't these technically retros?

(Too lazy to take my own pics :lol: )

Those SB sold out everywhere in seconds! I think SB will retro more in the future but I don't think it will EVER get to the point of where JB is with the retroing.
The pushhead IIs are the pushheads dipped in bleach, they are not a retro.
as for supreme I pay them no attention, when did that come out before.

I used to wish they would never retro SBs but since they continue to keep making colorways I don't like, I prefer they just retro some, since they are determined to not make anything good (with very few exceptions over the last 4 years)

What do you mean? It seems like since you missed out on a lot, you could benefit from retros. I havent bought any Nike shoe products since the PH 2's (and doubt that i will in the future), but I just dont see why many of you are against the idea. The only reasons i can think are if you want your current older SB's to hold value (which they will, just as OG Jordans have). Or, if you think that it will bring a bunch of attention to the product (dont see how thats a bad thing). Just as it is with J's, the quality will never be like the original ones. But why not welcome a retro line which would make some of the best models affordable (being able to buy a pair of retro sharks, true reds, or futuras for retail when they all go for $350 and more on the bay). I guess the point is that SB already took a hit years ago, and even though there has been some decent releases in the last year or 2- it just seems like it would benefit everybody if the did start a retro line (and i'm impartial). Just my thoughts

Quality would be an issue for me, same with the hype that comes along with it. For my own selfish reasons I would welcome some retros but I understand why most don't want them retro'd. I don't have any of the "real" classics mostly blue boxes but I'm kind of glad most the attention has moved on from the SB model. Once they retro the hype will follow and a old man like me would be left out. I guess you can say I'm 50/50 on the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I can't argue there but the " leather" JB has been pushing is a joke. Would hate to see the suede on retro SBs LOL.

Quality will never be an issue. If these dont appeal to skaters. Everyone will leave the brand. You cant market yourself as a skate shoe and be a trash shoe. The competition is tough. Jordan Brand has no competition because all of Nikes signature shoes are knockoffs of hyperfuses/dunks. I can hardly tell the difference between KDs, hyperdunks, and most lebron models from the silhouette. I need to see a huge chunk of the shoe.

Adidas has better quality but they are making the same mistake of having all Rose kicks look too much alike.

Jordan 1-13 look nothing alike, even though many take cues from other shoes like dunks and 89 flights.

Quote:
I dont think SB will ever do retros. Doesn't make sense to because none of the colorways have any historical significance.
Here is 2 recent drops from SB that have historical significance.
The pushhead IIs are the pushheads dipped in bleach, they are not a retro.
as for supreme I pay them no attention, when did that come out before.

I used to wish they would never retro SBs but since they continue to keep making colorways I don't like, I prefer they just retro some, since they are determined to not make anything good (with very few exceptions over the last 4 years)
Isn't the fact that it is was the SAME design and the only thing that was flipped was the colorway make it a retro? I think that's exactly what makes it a retro.
What do you mean? It seems like since you missed out on a lot, you could benefit from retros. I havent bought any Nike shoe products since the PH 2's (and doubt that i will in the future), but I just dont see why many of you are against the idea. The only reasons i can think are if you want your current older SB's to hold value (which they will, just as OG Jordans have). Or, if you think that it will bring a bunch of attention to the product (dont see how thats a bad thing). Just as it is with J's, the quality will never be like the original ones. But why not welcome a retro line which would make some of the best models affordable (being able to buy a pair of retro sharks, true reds, or futuras for retail when they all go for $350 and more on the bay). I guess the point is that SB already took a hit years ago, and even though there has been some decent releases in the last year or 2- it just seems like it would benefit everybody if the did start a retro line (and i'm impartial). Just my thoughts
I'm not totally against Nike SB retroing stuff, if it's done correctly. That's where I think that they'll lack though. The PH 2s are a clear example of this. The quality and design of the PH 1s was clearly BETTER than that of the PH 2s. I think that retroing something every 9 or 10 years would be okay. I just don't want SB to start leaning on retros like JB is doing. I mean JB has NOTHING outside of retros. This retroing discussion is SO intresting I wish I had alittle bit more time to comment.

damn john, you aint playin around with that heat...im real curious as to what your whole collection looks like...how old are you btw? how old is everyone in here? im 31.

as for my opinion about retros, id be cool if they retroed the og dunk low pro b colorways like the ross dunks or the og griptapes. the ogs had a terrible fit, whereas the new fit is super comfortable. the PH2's or supremes arent a retro imo.

Last edited:
Comparing JB retroing stuff to SBs being retroed isn't all that related. SB would simply be retroing a colorway, not an entirely different model shoe like JB does. The dunk is still being released every month in new CW with quality materials. Why would they use worse materials to being back an older colorway? Also isn't the dunk technically a retro model?
Not sure if that's coherent, just my 2 cents on the subject

I just think it's an apples to oranges comparison comparing Nike SB to Jordan Brand, the LeBron line (any NBA sig), Air Maxes, etc.

I would welcome SOME retros, but the thing that has always attracted me to Nike SB is getting something different every year.

EDIT lol, pretty much echo the above sentiments.  Just hit submit a few secs later.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I have quite a few of the older SBs and would more than welcome retros.

It'll benefit consumers, and a lot of these skate shops that struggle to pay the bills.

Back
Top Bottom