2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

You guys realize that, for the most part, sought after shoes go UP in price over time, not DOWN, right?

If you're hoping to catch these sub $300, you better be checking eBay every few minutes for the next week or so.

Usually they dip DOWN after the hype dies (especially with a release like this where it seems plenty were made, though still tough to acquire), then once they hit the bottom they steadily increase again (some quicker than others) as the market dries up.

No way these settle at sub-$300. Sure, the hype is at it's highest right now, but prices will most likely be at their lowest over the next few weeks due to the sheer volume of pairs available on the market. And I doubt that'll be less than $300. Then as all of those pairs from the original mad dash to resell dry up, prices will start rising again. They'll eventually settle somewhere, but it won't be for under $300.

Breaking out my 3M Highs tonight, for some reason I hadn't gotten around to actually wearing them out and I've been on a dunk kick all week.

Careful now, or we'll get told how little we know about the secondary market. Based on how today went these are going to stay up in the 300s for a while, probably with a few pairs peaking at some point when people that actually want these and can't get them in their size get desperate for a guaranteed pair. Eventually when they start settling in with the folks that actually want them it'll come down into the mid 200s (which is what I meant when I'd post about it being in the 200s)

People will try to trade them for x hot release so if you have ins on getting other hot stuff use that to your advantage.

:lol: you are very correct

They will def settle into the mid 200's; that's why I pulled the trigger on the 2nd pair; I put a budget at $500 for two if I struck out this morning. Now I'm ready for some SOMP's at retail and most likely V Days.

Saw this at a local Mainland store. lol

Man, I was talking to dude in Mainland in Pleasanton and he was talking about how he had guaranteed pairs from a shop and was tossing one in the consignment case. Said hey if he can get a laptop out of it why not? Lol dudes really think these are comparable to lows.

I just don't see this shoe actually being that popular outside of instagram/facebook flexing. The pendulum is starting to swing back (or rather has swung back and is almost at an apex) to muted/understated colors. You've got to be a pretty confident dude to break these out regularly or REALLY love dunks and that seems to be a smaller and smaller segment of the community.

Last edited:
The thing that drives down prices after release is all the limited shoes Nike drops and people can't afford resale on all those.

I mean when the hell did Kobe's, LeBrons and new J's sell out instantly? Only the past year or so.

Man, I was talking to dude in Mainland in Pleasanton and he was talking about how he had guaranteed pairs from a shop and was tossing one in the consignment case. Said hey if he can get a laptop out of it why not? Lol dudes really think these are comparable to lows.
def. not compared to lows at the moment..give it a couple of years....

You go through PayPal and talk sense and numbers to the eBay sellers, you could get these for high 200's because that's what they'd be getting after fees. Just gotta wait it out and find the right seller

Not to mention people who bought these probably are using it for allstar drop money.

Last edited:
I just don't see this shoe actually being that popular outside of instagram/facebook flexing. The pendulum is starting to swing back to muted/understated (or rather has swung back and is almost at an apex) colors. You've got to be a pretty confident dude to break these out regularly or REALLY love dunks and that seems to be a smaller and smaller segment of the community.

These are the type of shoe people will sell quickly worn a handful of times to cop something else; only a small percentage of people buying these actually give a damn about the SB line.

check your pm bro

These are the type of shoe people will sell quickly worn a handful of times to cop something else; only a small percentage of people buying these actually give a damn about the SB line.

I hear you, the reason I hadn't been buying current release dunks lately is because interest in the silhouette seemed to be at an all time low and I've been getting all kinds of steals on old LE, co.jp, pro b stuff. I figure anything that I really want I can wait put it on my list and pick it up down the road if people are really done with dunks.

After this weekend I may have to buy the current releases I really want sooner though.

I just don't see this shoe actually being that popular outside of instagram/facebook flexing. The pendulum is starting to swing back (or rather has swung back and is almost at an apex) to muted/understated colors. You've got to be a pretty confident dude to break these out regularly or REALLY love dunks and that seems to be a smaller and smaller segment of the community.
I mean I feel like 90% of shoes are about instaflexing these days, but personally these look dope with an all black that is just my style though. Also I don't know if your whole muted colors thing is really true. In the fashion world it is, but the sneaker game isn't the same. Look at all the latest hyped releases (preludes, aunt pearls asg ect)

I mean I feel like 90% of shoes are about instaflexing these days, but personally these look dope with an all black that is just my style though. Also I don't know if your whole muted colors thing is really true. In the fashion world it is, but the sneaker game isn't the same. Look at all the latest hyped releases (preludes, aunt pearls asg ect)

How often do you see people actually rocking their pairs vs posting a staged photo at the house before going out? People buy the shoes try them on at home and take pictures then they get boxed away and used to trade or sell off as high as they can.

I'm not very fashion forward, in fact I'm pretty much a malcontent that stays stuck with a trend long after it's out of fashion with normal people, but even I notice that what I see most on people actually out and about doing their thing isn't bright colors.

I hear you, the reason I hadn't been buying current release dunks lately is because interest in the silhouette seemed to be at an all time low and I've been getting all kinds of steals on old LE, co.jp, pro b stuff. I figure anything that I really want I can wait put it on my list and pick it up down the road if people are really done with dunks.

After this weekend I may have to buy the current releases I really want sooner though.
True. You can get a lot of past SB dunk releases for good bargains now. I'm working on a deal for the Roller Derby. 

For those wondering. Received order confirmation email at 6:39am PST. Received shipping confirmation at 6:20pm PST. =)

How often do you see people actually rocking their pairs vs posting a staged photo at the house before going out? People buy the shoes try them on at home and take pictures then they get boxed away and used to trade or sell off as high as they can.

I'm not very fashion forward, in fact I'm pretty much a malcontent that stays stuck with a trend long after it's out of fashion with normal people, but even I notice that what I see most on people actually out and about doing their thing isn't bright colors.
Yeah I mean it is hard to tell for me, because I go to school at a spot where me and 3 other dudes are the only ones who no what streetwear is and don't wear vineard vines.

agreed. i been following a bunch of people on ig and they post their "fit for the day" or what sbs they have on. Post multiple different times the same sbs they have on and you look at the heels, creasing etc and look like they just came out the box.   snap a photo and throw on the 40 dollar vans

A lot of people flex and sell but not all. I have a lot of bright colors. My co-workers mock me sometimes about it but respect it too. 

Back
Top Bottom