2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

SPOT is one of my fav places; my order history goes back over 10 years and it's plentiful

My only gripe was their past tendencies to cancel orders but they've gotten much better at that

should i  be the 100th person to say that i'm worried about that shipping from nike or nah?
i usually don't even worry , but after the way ndc was acting yesterday i'm a little nervous  

Try to call nike bro I did today and the lady said that my shoes are waiting to be picked...should be shipped by tommorrow

For all the talk of tiffs jumpin over yeezy...

I'll just say nike said **** that

For the people who went to a brick and mortar store in Chicago how was it? Heard only Uprise and a few Zumiez had them. Less than 3 full size runs each.

I heard Belmont Army had 32 pairs (4-13).  Don't know about Uprise.  Not sure what Uprise was charging but do know Belmont Army was charging $108.  Belmont Army had a line the day before release.  And I think Uprise had a problem and didn't want anyone lining up until Saturday morning.  Didn't bother to go to either one.  I like the shoe, but if you live in certain parts of Chi, this c/w can get you in trouble.  Would be more excited if they re-released the De La Soul High's or the Jedi's. 

Uprise really screwed me over on these, and I get almost every release with them. I got there about 7:30 looked like I was 50th in line, but most were hiding in their cars. They stated that they got 120 pairs and counted everyone and I was 100th. Was told by Uprise I would get a pair. After waiting for 3 1/2 hours we were told they were sold out and there was about 20 people in front of me. They ended up selling about 80 pairs, as that's were it ended. Many people left with multiple pairs, and no explanation what happened to the missing 40 pairs.

The only good thing was I was able to complete my order from ndc on my phone while in line waiting. Still bitter they lied and made us all wait in the cold. If they wanted to keep 40 pairs they should've just said they had 80 pairs not 120.

On top of it those who got lucky to get a pair at Uprise for $108 were trying to resell for $400.

I hate it when most of the people who get shoes, are just getting them for some clown to resell, and it leaves those who would wear them sol.

Hopefully I will get my pair from ndc, as I wouldn't have been able to pick that pair up had I got to Uprise earlier like I wanted. I heard people were out there at 2am, and they weren't supposed to line up till 6am. Bunch of Shady stuff went down. I really wanted to double up on these, but if ndc comes through at least I will have 1 pair and can patiently wait to get my 2nd pair from Europe or once the price drops below $200

Belmont Army had more people than pairs as well. They sold out very fast

Uprise said they wouldnt allow anyone to camp before 8 PM but a lot of people did anyway. I just don't care for camping in sub zero weather. I am never going to do that.

Sorry to hear that you guys didn't get a pair at the store release and I hope your online orders go through.

As someone who was at the Uprise release, I'll give you some insight and clear up some misinformation. I went by Uprise in the early evening after work to peep the situation and saw 6-8 dudes lingering around the front of the shop while the store appeared to still be open and there were also a few cars with guys that were clearly camping for this release. I went back to Uprise at about 1 am and there was 10-15 cars parked near the shop. I sat in the car for a little over an hour and observed CPD go by 5 times without hitting the brakes, let alone stopping. Sometime after 2 am a group of guys got out of their cars to smoke in front of the shop and that lead a group of 15-20 guys to start lining up. I stayed in the car until I seen CPD go by 3 more times and they just slowed down to make sure no non sense was going on. My thought process was, if everyone actually arrived at 6 am that it would be chaotic and on some Wrestlemania/Royal Rumble stuff as people battled for spots in line. Plus my common sense wouldn't allow me to be that dude that followed the rules of not lining up until 6 am when there was a large group of not doing so. So I got in line and waited for a bit and then they start talking about a list of guys who had been there since 6 am Thursday, but Uprise clearly said they weren't honoring a list. After a little arguing about this list we came to an understanding that there wouldn't be any ghost camping and whoever on the list that was actually there at that present time would lineup first and others would fall behind those 15-20 people. After that was established, everyone fell in line upon arrival. I think it was a little unrealistic for people to believe that people would wait until 6 am to line up for this kind of release. I truly believe Uprise put the 6 am restriction out there because they didn't want dudes camping for days in these weather conditions and to also protect themselves from any possible liability. Plus, when 6 am arrived there was no one from Uprise or CPD to organize everyone, so with people potentially coming from the east and west direction on Milwaukee, this release would've been hell!

Most of the guys in line were real cool dudes who are hardcore SB heads that wanted the shoes to wear. I've seen some of them at previous releases. Hell, most of them were wearing SB's in 5 degree weather. Of course I would estimate 8-12 of the first 35-40 people were definitely reselling. But what can you do when they were there days before you. But everyone was cool about taking turns going to the car to warm up for a bit, passing out a gang of hand warms, going on coffee/hot chocolate runs, allowing everyone to warm up by a propane heater that was near the front. Hell, everyone was even cool about allowing people to get out of line to move their cars from 3-7 am due to the snow zone signs because streets and sanitation was definitely lurking. All in all it was a very respectful and chill camp out.

I was one of the first 25 people, so I can't speak on 40 of the 120 pairs being missing. But I can tell you for a fact that everyone in front of me only were allowed to buy one pair. And the dudes at Uprise have always been standup dudes, so I doubt there was shady stuff going on, probably more of a misunderstanding. Also, there was a guy offering $400 to everyone that purchased a pair as we exited and only saw two resellers sell to him.

On a side note, sorry for this long detailed response but I wanted to give the perspective of someone who was there earlier. Plus, how random is it that Nike tweeted the Red October Yeezy 2's link while I was editing this post....... And I was able to cop with ease without camping 8 hours lol...

Yeezy 2's is def gonna hurt the Tiff resale market :lol:

People's whole days ruined now; was that an unannounced drop?

Thank you red October! Hype beast will be selling everything tryin to acquire this car down payment (red Octobers) lmao

They would of been that pair of kicks id like but wouldn't mind trading for multiple other pairs I'd wear more often

Thank you red October! Hype beast will be selling everything tryin to acquire this car down payment (red Octobers) lmao

No lie that's really what is gonna happen; dudes gonna be putting their kicks, curtains, boxers and silverware on eBay to try and obtain $2000+ to buy these wack shoes

No lie that's really what is gonna happen; dudes gonna be putting their kicks, curtains, boxers and silverware on eBay to try and obtain $2000+ to buy these wack shoes
lol man ebay is stupid right now. Just saw an order confirmation sell for 1500 bucks

Back
Top Bottom