2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Not really feeling them at all. I picked up the Gator King ASG shoe last weekend because I thought I'd regret not getting them since the game was in town, it's my first Lebron pick up and while I've thought some of the releases in the line have been kind of cool, I think that Nike just puts WAY too many colors out there each year and don't give people a chance to really get into it before there's yet another release coming down the pipeline.

The South Beach were especially gimmicky since if they didn't have super limited numbers I don't think it'd be as popular as it ended up being. At least the corks had the novelty of using a material that's not really associated with sneaker uppers so I like it, but I'd never go out of my way to buy or pay what the market is charging for them now.
personally the southbeach 9's are a grail of mine. Huge fan of the contrast of colors and the way it sort of looks like airmags as well as the comfort. great shoe but that's my opinion. And yeah the Gator Kings were pretty cool. very detailed.

if anyone here is looking for concords i found some extremely cheap and in good shape. minimal creasing. size 10: http://www.kixify.com/product/nike-sb-concord-sz-10-100-authentic
Is this site legit? I've been looking on here and don't know if its more of an Ebay type site, or if the site somehow filters fakes out. Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. LOL.
It's legit but you gotta lookout for fakes just like ebay

personally the southbeach 9's are a grail of mine. Huge fan of the contrast of colors and the way it sort of looks like airmags as well as the comfort. great shoe but that's my opinion. And yeah the Gator Kings were pretty cool. very detailed.

You like the 9s over the original PreHeat 8s?

Anyone know of an online shop in Canada getting 510s

Brooklyn Projects Toronto and Montreal have them already in stock and for sale. Don't know if they take phone orders or not? Blue Tile Lounge, has them but I don't think they are releasing till the March 1st date. Another good site is The Source in Calgary. I heard they are getting them. Top of the World had them but sold out over the weekend.

I hear you, I thought you were talking about the 8s until I reread your post. I do think that the 9s look better than the 8s, but there was still a bunch of nonsense that came with getting a pair of them. The whole Elite line for the post season has left me feeling kind of sick of Nike, since it seems like they're just looking for a new way to get an extra $75 out of you, but I tend to veer towards designs that are almost 30 years old and still facing price increases.

I hear you, I thought you were talking about the 8s until I reread your post. I do think that the 9s look better than the 8s, but there was still a bunch of nonsense that came with getting a pair of them. The whole Elite line for the post season has left me feeling kind of sick of Nike, since it seems like they're just looking for a new way to get an extra $75 out of you, but I tend to veer towards designs that are almost 30 years old and still facing price increases.
yeah I feel that, I just had to get my hands on the 9's to be perfectly honest

@Sneakerfan1, dope Kostons! And thanks for the welcome back.

@BIP Roberts, always good to see you posting and dropping knowledge as usual homie. 

@Dcypoe81, dude that dunk high you made was REALLY DOPE! If that was to ever hit shelves I'd mos def buy it. Repped!

Now for my answers:

1.) My allocations would be huge. I would serve the local regulars and always reserve a FSR or two for the SB thread. End of story.

2.) I would say the worst experience I've had was when I was dealing with some elitist older sneakerheads at the H-Town sneaker summit one year. Dude was a complete dumba*s. He was going on and on about his collection (it was full of GR crap that had released earlier that year) and how he was what the games been missin'. I just couldn't stand the dude. 

3.) Man, here's where I wish I had @Dcy photoshop skills!

1.) St. Patrick Dunk High

2.) The Patron Saints High

3.) The dunk high materials would be predominantly high quality suede, I'm talking better that the WPF. It would follow the color scheme of his clothing in the picture that I have below. The insole would have a scroll on it and it would read "I Bind To Myself Today The Faith Of The Trinity In Unity". His face would be on the tongue tag.

(Color scheme)

4.) The inspiration is St. Patrick himself.

5.) It would be released in Dublin during the St. Patrick's Day festival at St. Stephan's Green.   

Damn i don't even know how to work the marketplace, can't even find where to create an ad
roll.gif

Can I just get a green version of the yoth for st. Pats with the stain glass from above on the insole and the same sole as the black/gold 1's

I'm naturally around a size 11 but I'm a real wide footer. would i be able to wear a 10.5 doom sb or no?

I'm naturally around a size 11 but I'm a real wide footer. would i be able to wear a 10.5 doom sb or no?

I wouldn't get it in a half a size smaller. I always found that SBs ran a little tight or TTS at best. The only shoes I've ever successfully gone down from my normal size on were non SB dunks from the early 2000s, I've got a pair in a size 10 and a few in 10.5 that I can get my foot in comfortably, but I'll always err on the side of caution and go with a half size bigger if I'm not 100% sure I know how the shoe will fit.

I wouldn't get it in a half a size smaller. I always found that SBs ran a little tight or TTS at best. The only shoes I've ever successfully gone down from my normal size on were non SB dunks from the early 2000s, I've got a pair in a size 10 and a few in 10.5 that I can get my foot in comfortably, but I'll always err on the side of caution and go with a half size bigger if I'm not 100% sure I know how the shoe will fit.
ahhh damn kk thanks. Man being a wide footer is the struggle I tell ya...like i said I'm a size 11 but in early Jordans I can wear a size 12, my soutbeachs are a 12 as well. squatch feet lmao

Man, here's where I wish I had @Dcy photoshop skills!
No kidding, I started trying to come up with a St. Patrick's shoe a couple different times but wanted to use the template. I don't have photoshop and tried using MS Paint...LMAO
laugh.gif
, doesn't work at all.

As for question # 1 though, this is what I came up with.

I would give my regulars who I have a good relationship with first crack at the hyped releases. I'd let it be known to those regulars that I give out a guaranteed ticket for their size whenever I got my allocation in and knew how many of each size I had. I'd only give out tickets for your size, then possibly up or down a half size if their size wasn't available. Then I'd raffle off the rest of the pairs to whoever a couple days before the release (sizing rule would still apply). There would be no camping whatsoever and no line up for ticket holders til the morning of release. I'm sure some people in here might not agree with this, but I'd charge box price if you put the shoe on and wear it out of the shop, otherwise I'd charge over box if you want to keep em DS... to try and cut down on resellers or at least their profit.

Were the mf dooms super limited or something? I'm having mad difficulty finding them

When they released in 07 I don't remember excessive hype or difficulty in obtaining them. They were popular and certainly well received but it was not madness to obtain them... Didn't need to camp and they stuck around for a bit before disappearing. I would say the release was similar to the Dinos but maybe overall a higher general consensus that they were nice while the Dinos had a more polarizing audience. 

They should appear on the secondary market from time to time. 
@Siye87  is correct. It wasn't limited and the Dooms weren't SUPER hyped, and to go more in depth they were amongst one of the first SBs to have a release date when there were NO release dates for SB. It was July 24, 2007 if I remember correctly. Now, when you start searching for this dunk Airmatic, understand that it was dropped in 2 different color Nike SB boxes. I believe it's the ONLY color way (non retro/non revamped) to EVER have done that. Dooms were dropped in a Purple box and a Gold box. Why? Well, The horror pack that included the Jason Dunk High (which looked totally different before it was changed), the Freddy Krueger Dunk Low and the Night of the Living Dead Trainer was supposed to release around Halloween but New Line Cinema handed Nike SB a cease and desist. So in a panic, Nike SB scrapped the Freddy and totally changed the look of the Jason Dunk High. They didn't have to change anything with the Trainer from what I remember (that sh*t was trash anyway). They released the new look Jason High, the horrible Trainer and to replace the Freddy they threw more Dooms into gold boxes and shipped them out. Now for pricing question, I think that 250-275 is a VERY fair price. If you wear a smaller size though I've seen them go for less than that. Good luck on your search, he's my favorite rapper so I fo sho' had to get my pair.

"Do a deal for kicks and get rich quick" - MF Doom, Gazillion Ear (Born Like This album)

Edit: I goggled the release date and I was correct.

Release date link: http://www.kixandthecity.com/release-date-reminder-nike-sb-dunk-high-mf-doom-july-24th/

Restock news and Gold box link: http://theshoegame.com/articles/nike-dunk-high-sb-mf-doom-restock.html

@Siye87  is correct. It wasn't limited and the Dooms weren't SUPER hyped, and to go more in depth they were amongst one of the first SBs to have a release date when there were NO release dates for SB. It was July 24, 2007 if I remember correctly. Now, when you start searching for this dunk Airmatic, understand that it was dropped in 2 different color Nike SB boxes. I believe it's the ONLY color way (non retro/non revamped) to EVER have done that. Dooms were dropped in a Purple box and a Gold box. Why? Well, The horror pack that included the Jason Dunk High (which looked totally different before it was changed), the Freddy Krueger Dunk Low and the Night of the Living Dead Trainer was supposed to release around Halloween but New Line Cinema handed Nike SB a cease and desist. So in a panic, Nike SB scrapped the Freddy and totally changed the look of the Jason Dunk High. They didn't have to change anything with the Trainer from what I remember (that sh*t was trash anyway). They released the new look Jason High, the horrible Trainer and to replace the Freddy they threw more Dooms into gold boxes and shipped them out. Now for pricing question, I think that 250-275 is a VERY fair price. If you wear a smaller size though I've seen them go for less than that. Good luck on your search, he's my favorite rapper so I fo sho' had to get my pair.

"Do a deal for kicks and get rich quick" - MF Doom, Gazillion Ear (Born Like This album)

Edit: I goggled the release date and I was correct.

Release date link: http://www.kixandthecity.com/release-date-reminder-nike-sb-dunk-high-mf-doom-july-24th/

Restock news and Gold box link: http://theshoegame.com/articles/nike-dunk-high-sb-mf-doom-restock.html
Thanks man I appreciate this, super informative. Too bad about those Freddys aswell. but yes i need me a pair. super hot shoe in my opinion and im a huge doom fan(although I enjoy his production more than his rapping!) When I do writing assignments in school I usually play one of the special herbs tapes to help the ideas flow. so i will search for 250 to 275 for them and search hard.

Last edited:

No kidding, I started trying to come up with a St. Patrick's shoe a couple different times but wanted to use the template. I don't have photoshop and tried using MS Paint...LMAO
laugh.gif
, doesn't work at all.

As for question # 1 though, this is what I came up with.

I would give my regulars who I have a good relationship with first crack at the hyped releases. I'd let it be known to those regulars that I give out a guaranteed ticket for their size whenever I got my allocation in and knew how many of each size I had. I'd only give out tickets for your size, then possibly up or down a half size if their size wasn't available. Then I'd raffle off the rest of the pairs to whoever a couple days before the release (sizing rule would still apply). There would be no camping whatsoever and no line up for ticket holders til the morning of release. I'm sure some people in here might not agree with this, but I'd charge box price if you put the shoe on and wear it out of the shop, otherwise I'd charge over box if you want to keep em DS... to try and cut down on resellers or at least their profit.
LMAO!!! Repped for trying the MS Paint.
laugh.gif

Damn good idea for the release too.

Tiffs finally grew on me. Wasnt too hyped on em when I first got them but having the shoes out sitting on top of  the box for a week gave me a head change. Lots of compliments from non sneaker heads as well. YOTHs still trump them imo

Back
Top Bottom