2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Real talk, gold and silver don't have any inherent value either. They are shiny, mediocre semi-conductors. The world has made this gentleman's agreement to value it, but there's no inherent value to it. ...From the psychology of what you want in a precious metal, for show, it's a good choice, but it's not like oil or coal or something you can actually do something with. So, I always thought the argument about the dollar going off the gold standard was kind of specious, because that's pretty damn arbitrary too. Not saying it's not reliable, but just that what's backing it is a commonly agreed upon delusion and not anything substantive.

This was a Planet Money episode about this idea -

http://niketalk.com/t/332375/someone-blow-my-mind-vol-illuminati-2012-aliens-life/3240

Your wrong on that one brother, gold is real money, take a couple of minutes to watch the videos i posted half way down the page in the link i posted above :smokin

Last edited:

And shoutout to hadowajp hadowajp for the tiff sb laces to make these Dontrelles even fresher! I appreciate it homie! Its been a great Nike SB weekend!

And shoutout to @hadowajp for the tiff sb laces to make these Dontrelles even fresher! I appreciate it homie! Its been a great Nike SB weekend!

That came out awesome. Read your story a few pages back, I hope it helps replace your original pair.

Yea they did. hadowajp hadowajp came through in the clutch! Thanks homie. They wont replace where the original pair went because they went around the world lol but im really happy to have another pair. It took so long to find a DS pair since I refuse to cop used pairs. I dont know how ppl do it im really picky when it comes to my kicks! Hahaha but im going to Europe in October so im gonna DS my new pair then but only on the cruise ship lol

Last edited:
Walked into NT this afternoon in between shifts and walked out with this.

This why I didn't understand waiting overnight anywhere. They couldn't have been that limited. There were plenty. Nobody seemed very interested in them either

Yea they did. @hadowajp came through in the clutch! Thanks homie. They wont replace where the original pair went because they went around the world lol but im really happy to have another pair. It took so long to find a DS pair since I refuse to cop used pairs. I dont know how ppl do it im really picky when it comes to my kicks! Hahaha but im going to Europe in October so im gonna DS my new pair then but only on the cruise ship lol

Good to hear, sounds similar to how I feel about sneakers. I saved a pair of SBs from 2008 since I landed my first tre flip and hard flip. Corny or what not, but yeahhhh...oh yah I saved a pair Ice Creams (pharrells Reeboks) too, found them for 10 dollars just for laughs :lol: went bowling in em since they fit in there

This why I didn't understand waiting overnight anywhere. They couldn't have been that limited. There were plenty. Nobody seemed very interested in them either
people slept on ntny bc they didn't do a twitter link i think

Anyone know where I can get some sz10 Coralines?

Man what I would do for the wooden box edition. I remember that day specifically when they came out.

Did a quick search and found this posting that never sold. Maybe hit him up and see if he still has em? Half size bigger though...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-LIMITED-EDITION-DEADSTOCK-NIKE-DUNK-CORALINE-10-5-sb-high-373349-771-HI-/191046378941?nma=true&si=CAAFkED3m9nE%252BYySiJB%252FspJ8IKc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'll keep my eyes out for you. I'm always on the lookout for a good price on these as well.

Keep your on Corgi. He's sold a ton of these over the years. Probably has more.

and you can cop em for just $250 on your kixify!

This guy again... lol.
http://niketalk.com/t/332375/someone-blow-my-mind-vol-illuminati-2012-aliens-life/3240

Your wrong on that one brother, gold is real money, take a couple of minutes to watch the videos i posted half way down the page in the link i posted above :smokin

My dude, you are missing my point. This is not the place to have this convo. But, the point is that precious metals don't have INHERENT value. That doesn't mean that they aren't a stable market, it just means that the world has agreed to assign value to them. That is essentially the same thing that happens with currencies. Something like oil, or coal has inherent value - it creates energy. Materials that conduct electricity have inherent value. Hell, wood has inherent value. Things with inherent value are things that are necessary for civilization to survive, progress, and thrive. Gold, silver, etc. don't meet that bar. I'm not talking about worth, stability, commodities markets, any of that. I'm talking about inherent value. Libertarian types have been crying that paper money saga forever. Gold is only of value as long as people WANT it (not that there's any reason to think they won't continue to do so), but for something to have inherent value, it has be something that people NEED.

Lmao, i like how resellers post as if they copped for themselves

They are for me homie. But I have a 90 day rule. I dont wear pairs I cop for 90 days and if within those 90 days they sell for what I want then thats money in my pocket but if not I wear them after 90 days. I do that with all my pairs.

They are for me homie. But I have a 90 day rule. I dont wear pairs I cop for 90 days and if within those 90 days they sell for what I want then thats money in my pocket but if not I wear them after 90 days. I do that with all my pairs.
Makes sense :rolleyes

People should hit up Nike RF and all the other NT's to see what their stock looks like. I read Vegas had them. I'm sure most received pairs

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/849182/width/200/height/400

Congrats on the pickup. For those in the NY area, it definitely seems like these were widely available at NTNY, 21M, and Dave's Wear House. However, for those in other places, these were extremely limited. In Northern California alone, I believe only 2 or 3 stores released them on Saturday and each store only had 3 - 6 pairs from what I've read here.

Only if I lived in NYC...

A while back (prob around the tiff release) someone posted a comprehensive skate shop list. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about (need to do some homework this week)? Trying to dig it up now but this thread moves too fast...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh, and before it happens: [insert snarky reply featuring Cam'ron gif via MaxDunker]

Last edited:
Can anyone give me an idea of a good price for the Black Ugly Sweaters with Tin box and all accessories at this point in time. Looking to cop a pair but resell prices are all over the place.

Can anyone give me an idea of a good price for the Black Ugly Sweaters with Tin box and all accessories at this point in time. Looking to cop a pair but resell prices are all over the place.
If you look hard enough, well south of 300.

I've seen a pair on Ebay pretty much going for retail ~ $250.  Demand has really gone down for them since it's no longer the holidays.  This is probably the best time to find a steal before they start disappearing from the market.  

Yep, sounds like he sold all but three to resellers. That or they put them directly on eBay. Shady indeed.

When I contacted them on insta they said next week Queue the shadeee gif

I'm not worrying about it. I'm just wondering why homeboy said he's not talking about me when he clearly was(either intentionally or unintentionally)

It was unintentional...

Most young resellers are lames who think a fresh pair of kicks will let them be a member of the "cool" crowd

That was basically what he described maybe he knows you better than I, I don't know maybe he was just talkin shhhh like I said I don't know you to make those insinuations about you but there is a "type" of fly by night resellers

Farmersonly.com. Because city folk just don't get it.

Literally laughed when I read this

Last edited:

They let you buy multiple pairs or just one? What time did you go i stopped by around 3 and there wasn't any small sizes.

Just found these in my closet under a bunch of old pairs. My wife got me these many years back, and I never really rocked them much (wasn't really feeling them back in the days, they look ok to me now). Only have one box. 
These were GRs, but where I'm confused (please excuse my memory and noobness one time) is not remembering when the first time the NIKE SB tongue/insole branding started? These have the classic Nike ZOOM and swoosh branding on em.
I don't understand the question. Are you asking if those abominable snowman dunks are sb's?

They let you buy multiple pairs or just one? What time did you go i stopped by around 3 and there wasn't any small sizes.
Umm like 3pm I'm pretty sure. Lot of bigger sizes on ground level. 2nd floor SB section is where you needed to go for smaller sizes. They said all that when you walked in. No secrets there. Not like the mystery of going to mercer for a release

I know people think NYC gets everything on a platter. This is one of the rare times I go to the store with intentions to buy something they have and leave with it.

21m constantly posts a pair of kicks for sale and I'll leave instantly and half way into my commute I get the memo they're sold out. It's instant here.

This guy again... lol.
My dude, you are missing my point. This is not the place to have this convo. But, the point is that precious metals don't have INHERENT value. That doesn't mean that they aren't a stable market, it just means that the world has agreed to assign value to them. That is essentially the same thing that happens with currencies. Something like oil, or coal has inherent value - it creates energy. Materials that conduct electricity have inherent value. Hell, wood has inherent value. Things with inherent value are things that are necessary for civilization to survive, progress, and thrive. Gold, silver, etc. don't meet that bar. I'm not talking about worth, stability, commodities markets, any of that. I'm talking about inherent value. Libertarian types have been crying that paper money saga forever. Gold is only of value as long as people WANT it (not that there's any reason to think they won't continue to do so), but for something to have inherent value, it has be something that people NEED.

Fiat currency is nothing like gold, you cant print it. Watch from 3:15 my point stands, everything you just said, is invalid and inacurate, do your research, gold has been valuable for thousands of years, you are wrong. I aint trying to educate someone who doesnt want to learn but the video above refutes all your claims and would educate you to why gold has value ,if you took half as much time as you did talking and replying in actually listening and watching and learning you would know that, i agree this isnt the place for the discussion, but your reply screamed uneducated on this matter and deserved a reply. Id like to see you carry a barrel of oil on your back or a mighty oak to trade :lol: |I

Last edited:
Umm like 3pm I'm pretty sure. Lot of bigger sizes on ground level. 2nd floor SB section is where you needed to go for smaller sizes. They said all that when you walked in. No secrets there. Not like the mystery of going to mercer for a release

I know people think NYC gets everything on a platter. This is one of the rare times I go to the store with intentions to buy something they have and leave with it.

21m constantly posts a pair of kicks for sale and I'll leave instantly and half way into my commute I get the memo they're sold out. It's instant here.

Well this time NY received about 70% of all the SOMPS. Outside of Brooklyn Projects, most stores IF they got em, got 10 pairs or less.

Back
Top Bottom