2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I know what the bespokes are, and as I said earlier, I'm convinced that the price on those is kept artificially high, just to keep it an exclusive item and not make it something that would tie up the factory (seems like up until now all the bespoke pairs have come from the Feng Tai factory in Taiwan)
I figured you knew what bespokes were but just as a courtesy to everyone I added the info. That's part of the reason these were so hyped because the materials were premium with a standard dunk price tag (standard for 510's petoskeys, etc at least).

THREAD MOVES FAST ENOUGH FOR ME TO DROP AN EASTER EGG IN HERE.

1000 REPS AND IM RETIRING CAPS LOCK.

LOL ITS GONNA BE AWHILE SO DONT THINK IM FISHING FOR REPS.

RILLO UR GONNA MAKE THAT TRADE EZ BRO. GOOD LUCK
NOOOOOOO

MAY YOU NEVER RECEIVE ANOTHER REP

THREAD MOVES FAST ENOUGH FOR ME TO DROP AN EASTER EGG IN HERE.

1000 REPS AND IM RETIRING CAPS LOCK.

LOL ITS GONNA BE AWHILE SO DONT THINK IM FISHING FOR REPS.

RILLO UR GONNA MAKE THAT TRADE EZ BRO. GOOD LUCK
woo hoo i can stop processing your text as you're yelling at me

Lol I bet a lot of people didn't know what Feng Tay is before mints spoke upon it. someone in here has to have a couple of FT samples laying around.

what makes you think that?

If Nike priced it at a more approachable price point/let you do it from more iD studios than just the 21M door the "exclusivity" of the Bespoke pairs would be gone, they've made it expensive as hell and only doable from their very select locations on purpose. None of the materials they're offering are as rare or luxurious as they'd like you to believe. You can get REAL bespoke shoes for not much more than the price Nike's charging, and you'll be dealing with the tanner that's getting the leather for your shoes.

Secondly I think since the bespokes are all made at the Feng Tay factory, Nike doesn't want a ton of them being made at any point since that seems to be the factory stuff in the pipeline has samples produced at, if the price were lowered on Bespokes, they'd either have to farm it out to other places and you'd end up with the errors that pop up from time to time from regular iDs, or it'd take a longer time for Nike to get their own stuff back.

edit: Not saying that the materials they offer on bespoke pairs isn't nice or the same quality as what you get from a $98 pair of AF1 lows, just saying that it's not $820 nice. And just how much of that price comes from the 1 on 1 time with an iD studio employee.

Last edited:
I know what the bespokes are, and as I said earlier, I'm convinced that the price on those is kept artificially high, just to keep it an exclusive item and not make it something that would tie up the factory (seems like up until now all the bespoke pairs have come from the Feng Tai factory in Taiwan)
what makes you think that?
it seems as though the bespoke AF1 process is a customization of AF1 - not a true bespoke. that is, they use the standard mold/last (in standard sizes) and you get to pick the materials/colors.

now if they were taking the measurements of your foot, and making a custom mold like they do for bespoke dress shoes, $800 would be a steal. for dress shoes the range for such a process is anywhere from $1500 by a company like bally, to near $10,000 for a john lobb. 

if i had to guess, they are doing the former, not the latter. i feel like $800 is quite overpriced for that. so i would tend to agree with @mints  .

Ok guys, I think it's time to start doing some real homework on all the quickstrikes and notable GRs I've missed in the past 4-5 years. Does anyone have any good tips?

So far I tried wadding through the blog updates of all the popular sneaker sites but this is cumbersome and I lose my place as soon as I refresh or something...

Really wish there was an updated version of the sneaker museum or something.

Thanks NT.

Ok guys, I think it's time to start doing some real homework on all the quickstrikes and notable GRs I've missed in the past 4-5 years. Does anyone have any good tips?

So far I tried wadding through the blog updates of all the popular sneaker sites but this is cumbersome and I lose my place as soon as I refresh or something...

Thanks NT.
http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/skateboarding/nike-sb-shoe-museum is a good start

Thanks NT.
 maybe this could help. it's got all SB not just dunk...

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/skateboarding/nike-sb-shoe-museum
beat me to it. repped

Last edited:
the bespoke process for AF1s is nothing like it is for other designers. but that's a whole nother discussion within itself. It's extremely overpriced for the quality of product you're getting and you're honestly better off getting a FT sample for anywhere from $3-$500 less if you're honestly considering doing it. It's a cool experience from what I've seen and heard, but I wouldn't do it. Contemplated it for high school graduation but I couldn't justify the flight to nyc and $850 for shoes that I wouldn't absolutely love.

Thanks NT.
sorry wrong link, i think this one might help. http://forums.stashedboxes.com/dunktionary/

Heeey they updated the Nike sneaker museum. Aright.

Thanks dudes. That stashed boxes forum really helps too!

If Nike priced it at a more approachable price point/let you do it from more iD studios than just the 21M door the "exclusivity" of the Bespoke pairs would be gone, they've made it expensive as hell and only doable from their very select locations on purpose. None of the materials they're offering are as rare or luxurious as they'd like you to believe. You can get REAL bespoke shoes for not much more than the price Nike's charging, and you'll be dealing with the tanner that's getting the leather for your shoes.

Secondly I think since the bespokes are all made at the Feng Tay factory, Nike doesn't want a ton of them being made at any point since that seems to be the factory stuff in the pipeline has samples produced at, if the price were lowered on Bespokes, they'd either have to farm it out to other places and you'd end up with the errors that pop up from time to time from regular iDs, or it'd take a longer time for Nike to get their own stuff back.

edit: Not saying that the materials they offer on bespoke pairs isn't nice or the same quality as what you get from a $98 pair of AF1 lows, just saying that it's not $820 nice. And just how much of that price comes from the 1 on 1 time with an iD studio employee.

Granted I know that all of the materials aren't special, luxurious and the like, however they charge 215 to do it on their website with very limited and generic colors and materials which leads me to believe the markup also has a lot to do with the experience. For someone that loves the Nike AF1, to have every material, color at your disposal and every aspect of the shoe customizable, may consider the price worth it. I understand what you're saying when it comes to them not wanting to water down their brand and keeping it limited to location and numbers. With limited numbers and locations comes higher prices. If they did open it up more to way more locations, dropped the price, they woud be inundated would orders and sourcing out something like that is something I don't see Nike doing

Yikes I was just joking. Obviously it's like what Mints said, only available at 21M why? Increase exclusivity and therefore drive price up.

What is the yikes for? All I said was I know what the price is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom