2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Hey lootandpullote are they DS? If you don't mind, how much they asking? I got a meet up tomorrow for a VNDS pair and just want to know the market for them.

They look legit BTW.

According to the guys in this thread they go for like 170-200. I ended up paying 200 (including shipping) for a ds pair.

And sorry for the pic with the name/address. I didn't even realize that was there. I edited it out.

It's a good place to be.

Just a little public service announcement, because I know there are a number of newer collectors in this thread - and they're not idiots like in the Lebron and Foam threads. So, I'll actually drop knowledge instead of just making fun of people.

I think part of the wisdom you gain as you pile up experience is having seen the market cycle though a few times. Folks who just got into the scene probably can't imagine Foams not being popular. But, 10 years ago, people would have said the same about SBs.

The other thing to keep in mind with this new generation of "I just buy shoes to take pictures of them for Instagram likes" collectors is that it's no big deal if you miss out on a release. Too many noobs get caught in the moment. Next week there will be a new have-to-have shoe. There will be tons of pairs available down the line, if you really like them. And, when the inevitable hype cycle switches, these kids who didn't wear them are going to be left holding what they thought was an investment, but they will find out is really more of a depreciating asset. ...As always, the least-hyped GRs will be the shoes that double in value 5+ years from now, not the limited stuff. The limited stuff usually hits its peak early after release, hype goes down and then supply keeps steady because few people are beating them. It's the shoes that everybody wears for ball that begin to disappear, then those will go up in "value" years from now because the supply has actually dwindled.

People tend to think that the longer they hold something, the more it will be worth. That's only true when something is actually rare - none of these kicks really are. And, the "rarer" they are, the more they are preserved, which means they aren't rare at all in the marketplace. Once the hype spotlight passes, they'll just be a widely available good that is much less cool than it once was.

So, I keep the long view in mind. AF1s don't get retro-ed, really. So, that's why I can never take my eye of the ball there. I caught a pair earlier this week that I hadn't seen pop up sale in my size and proper condition in like 4+ years. So, I can't let opportunities like that pass. But, on most things, you can afford to wait and get your price, so long as you don't succumb to the thirst.
Truth!!!!

I've been on Niketalk for almost a decade and I enjoy posting my new sneaker pick-ups/wdywt on instagram, hell that's all I use instagram for...

Last edited:
None of my offers on eBay were accepted. Don't know if I should buy the roller derbys for 200 shipped.

Sneakerfan, I agree. But like I said, they used to drop good stuff so often that I didnt think it would be a problem. Looks like they have ran out of ideas in comparison to their pre 08 days.

Also I have tried to grab a few over the last few years with little luck outside paying aftermarket anyway

Last edited:
Loving this thread, just picked up Theotis Beasley/ Kenny Powers DS for retail on ebay. Just got them in and pumped.

Last edited:
Just copped these from my local spot a few mins ago...

It's a good place to be.

Just a little public service announcement, because I know there are a number of newer collectors in this thread - and they're not idiots like in the Lebron and Foam threads. So, I'll actually drop knowledge instead of just making fun of people.

I think part of the wisdom you gain as you pile up experience is having seen the market cycle though a few times. Folks who just got into the scene probably can't imagine Foams not being popular. But, 10 years ago, people would have said the same about SBs.

The other thing to keep in mind with this new generation of "I just buy shoes to take pictures of them for Instagram likes" collectors is that it's no big deal if you miss out on a release. Too many noobs get caught in the moment. Next week there will be a new have-to-have shoe. There will be tons of pairs available down the line, if you really like them. And, when the inevitable hype cycle switches, these kids who didn't wear them are going to be left holding what they thought was an investment, but they will find out is really more of a depreciating asset. ...As always, the least-hyped GRs will be the shoes that double in value 5+ years from now, not the limited stuff. The limited stuff usually hits its peak early after release, hype goes down and then supply keeps steady because few people are beating them. It's the shoes that everybody wears for ball that begin to disappear, then those will go up in "value" years from now because the supply has actually dwindled.

People tend to think that the longer they hold something, the more it will be worth. That's only true when something is actually rare - none of these kicks really are. And, the "rarer" they are, the more they are preserved, which means they aren't rare at all in the marketplace. Once the hype spotlight passes, they'll just be a widely available good that is much less cool than it once was.

So, I keep the long view in mind. AF1s don't get retro-ed, really. So, that's why I can never take my eye of the ball there. I caught a pair earlier this week that I hadn't seen pop up sale in my size and proper condition in like 4+ years. So, I can't let opportunities like that pass. But, on most things, you can afford to wait and get your price, so long as you don't succumb to the thirst.
This is the truth... been thinking about this when you of you guys said the paris' hit outlet back in the day. Crazy to think about. Made me tear up Bip good stuff

I'm hearing spot dunk 3-22 release. Maybe there's some truth to the release date situation.

I'm still hoping for no true RDs...

It's a good place to be.

TRUTH!
Nice pickups guys.

BIP dropping the knowledge as usual.

I went with J's yesterday but here's what I wore today. More GR goodness from your friendly neighborhood asian guy..

Nice picture.

i hope its not just me who constantly finds myself running out of reps everytime i come back to this thread hah
Lol, it's one of the few threads where I find myself actually remembering that the green thumbs up exists.

Naturally I'm fresh out.
laugh.gif

Got some stuff cooking, negotiating like a madman with eBay sellers.  Should have something nice to contribute within the next week or two.

Last edited:
Lol, it's one of the few threads where I find myself actually remembering that the green thumbs up exists.

Naturally I'm fresh out.
laugh.gif

Got some stuff cooking, negotiating like a madman with eBay sellers.  Should have something nice to contribute within the next week or two.
haha im in the same boat of you, sent out about 6 messages today respectably lowballing 
laugh.gif

i have what i want to say to the seller saved on a document so i just copy and paste it lol..

"hey buddy saw you just posted a pair of nike sb (insert cw here) if you get tired of waiting for a buyer let me know ill send you (insert lower than asking price here including shipping ) and ill send you the paypal outside of ebay so you dont have any fee's"

And to be honest out of the last 4 items i bought off ebay its worked with a little back and forth negotiating, i think they rather haggle than have to deal with ebay fee etc.

Goodluck... i got something in the works let you guys know in a couple days 

side note, guys might want to try this 

BLUE TILE LOUNGE

396 COLLEGE STREET

TORONTO, ON, CANADA, M5T 1S7

1-416-792-7171

[email protected]

Was in there a couple weeks ago.. had some gr's laying around (un tiffanys etc) Might be worth a shot in the future 

Also new collectors.
1. Get what you like. If you are more selective about the shoes you wear, then double cop the few ones you like. Much better than having singles of shoes you'll only wear a few times. You should look up what happens to kicks that dont get worn. Dudes in the JB section when they ran out of **** to talk about use how deep their collection is as a ruler to compare **** sizes.

2. Don't feel bad for changing your mind. The quality of a picture alone can change how you feel about a shoe. Dont listen to people who say you cant. The word hypebeast is thrown around so much it is meaningless. Dont get offended by it. Hell being called a sneakerhead offends me more than being called hypebeast. Cuz then i am grouped with the people in the JB section.

3. Dont listen to elitist who think you must have seen Jordan play to get a shoe, or that you must skate to grab a pair of SBs. So many holes in that logic, I dont even know where to begin. Whats next? You must know adolf dassler to get a pair of adidas. Im not even into sports. Im into fashion and kicks are thing. Just like how some other fashion conscious men are into luxury suits, collecting jackets, etc.

Last edited:
Bummed out. The guy I was supposed to meet for those nontourages flaked out, people are so funny, it's strange.

FoamToTheDome, I do the same thing. You win some, you lose some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also new collectors.
1. Get what you like. If you are more selective about the shoes you wear, then double cop the few ones you like. Much better than having singles of shoes you'll only wear a few times. You should look up what happens to kicks that dont get worn. Dudes in the JB section when they ran out of **** to talk about use how deep their collection is as a ruler to compare **** sizes.

2. Don't feel bad for changing your mind. The quality of a picture alone can change how you feel about a shoe. Dont listen to people who say you cant. The word hypebeast is thrown around so much it is meaningless. Dont get offended by it. Hell being called a sneakerhead offends me more than being called hypebeast. Cuz then i am grouped with the people in the JB section.

3. Dont listen to elitist who think you must have seen Jordan play to get a shoe, or that you must skate to grab a pair of SBs. So many holes in that logic, I dont even know where to begin. Whats next? You must know adolf dassler to get a pair of adidas. Im not even into sports. Im into fashion and kicks are thing. Just like how some other fashion conscious men are into luxury suits, collecting jackets, etc.
#2 arent we all a bit of a Hypebeast. We would just rock crocs or toms if we werent.

Back
Top Bottom