2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

See if that's the case what I need is to have someone with 0 cachet wear a pair of shoes I'm after. Make the shoe toxic so I can swoop in and buy low.

I would like to double up this weekend on you know what (would also like to get a pair that is TTS)...if anyone wants to share info/work together, shoot me a PM.

Love me some Jay-Z.

On a sidenote, purple pigeons. ~150 the going rate?
I believe that's a bit better than the going rate.
Do shoe prices REALLY go up when some celebrity wears them? I never pay attention to what they're doing outside of the realm for which I know them, and seeing a celebrity wear a pair of sneakers isn't going to make me run out and buy them, cost be damned.
Sadly yes. Kanye is a perfect example. It's like anything he wears or anything similar to what he wears becomes gold.

They're not SBs. Change it to coraline dunk and you might have slightly better luck
In my search for #KIXIFYLIFE posts I came across a dude who got some Coralines and posted "THESE ARE MY FAV SB'S" and I didn't have the heart to burst his little misinformed bubble. 
I never do. Most people either don't realize or don't care about the difference.

EURO TRIP? I totally forgot they were coming out there this weekend, but from what I've seen it's going to be In Store Only.

Look at those independence day red 90s. They were sitting on fnl for weeks. Ye wears them.....and they fly off shelves and reach stupid prices.

so ive been looking around and cant find either the chun li  lows or the ryu or akuma highs in a size 8 or 8.5 can you guys help me?
@murasaki  Wasn't going to say anything…but…dude you should offer help on this thread once in awhile instead of asking for help over and over with no results. I remember you were that annoying dude demanding for people to do things for you instead of asking nicely, getting on peoples nerves. Now I see your posts sprinkled all over this thread and all you do is ask for tips and help. Learn how to conversate, help, and donate to this forum once in awhile homie.

this is a topic i dont remember ever coming up in here...

does anybody in here wish NIKE stayed with the old version?

personally, i like the new version, since its an added detail and doesnt actually change the shape of the shoe. I also think it prevents any future SB retros from being 100% replicas of the OG's.

Last edited:

Think Yeezy 1/2. Why is a shoe with 5k+ quantity selling for $2500+ (Answer: because Kanye)
think only kanye could really have that effect ( i didnt see anyone wanting last years blue air max 4th of julys until kanye stomped out a paparazzi in them 
laugh.gif
) not to mention that the Yeezy are actually collabs with kanye. 

Love me some Jay-Z.

On a sidenote, purple pigeons. ~150 the going rate?
Really? I only like his old stuff like Reasonable Doubt. New Jay z is a sell out who raps about meaningless ignorant sh*t along with all his buddies in the mainstream. Just my opinion though, I'm more of an independent/undeground/ 90s hip-hop kinda guy. 

@murasaki  Wasn't going to say anything…but…dude you should offer help on this thread once in awhile instead of asking for help over and over with no results. I remember you were that annoying dude demanding for people to do things for you instead of asking nicely, getting on peoples nerves. Now I see your posts sprinkled all over this thread and all you do is ask for tips and help. Learn how to conversate, help, and donate to this forum once in awhile homie.
683828.jpg

personally, i like the new version, since its an added detail and doesnt actually change the shape of the shoe. I also think it prevents any future SB retros from being 100% replicas of the OG's.

Really interested in what you fellas have to say...(well, not ALL you fellas
laugh.gif
)
I had to go into my closet for a second because that's something I never even noticed. Well there's my answer. I guess I don't care since I didn't even realize it until you pointed it out
laugh.gif

I personally like the new tooling. Keeps the laces down by the toes a little wider.

Sadly yes. Kanye is a perfect example. It's like anything he wears or anything similar to what he wears becomes gold.

I wish mom and dad had let me rock out with the credit card in my teenage years. I don't care what celebrity wears what shoe, if I didn't already want it before seeing someone famous in them isn't going to get my gears going.

While I was typing this post out I had a knock on the door, these weren't supposed to get here until Thursday, but even sent via Parcel Post it still didn't take too long. Not SB, but man they don't make them like this any more.

I like the retooled design of the dunk, isn't it supposed to be better for skaters too, if you're really rough on laces you can lace the inner section and use the flap as a sort of ollie guard?

You make a great couple of points here. I'm on board with you about the new version. The cut is a bit more detailed, even if its minor. 

Back
Top Bottom