2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I like the retooled design of the dunk, isn't it supposed to be better for skaters too, if you're really rough on laces you can lace the inner section and use the flap as a sort of ollie guard?
yup! and I think some pairs look cool laced like this. especially if the laces are kinda bright
w/ lace swap
LOVE the lace swap. might have to get these at the eventual 40% off haha. nice find.

The sizes they have are so tiny but small people needs fly kicks too
laugh.gif
they must got peeps w big feet over in cowtown lol

Man concepts screwed me on those uprises. Sent me hero blues instead, didnt answer any of my emails asking for exchange(size was up for 4 days) sent me a return label with no other response to any of my emails. They get the hero blues back, and then no emails for another 4 days, I email them the whoel time until today, and NOW they want to say they are sold out. And then gave me the whole "we are a small company with thousands of order" BS, but im not having it.

9 days with no email response? Unacceptable in any situation. they saw my emails and gave me a return, but couldn't even type a few words to reply to me? Man if i didn't get the AJ1xSB's i'd be takin a trip to boston right now. I might not even use this 30% off they gave me anytime soon(dont ask me for it), because every time i order from these guys its the same type of problem with the terrible customer service. I remember some UCS horror stories from December from other members also. Concepts is going to be at the bottom of my list for a while. Even for sales.

9 days w/o a response is unacceptable. Small store or not.

Love me some Jay-Z.

On a sidenote, purple pigeons. ~150 the going rate?

$150 is a great price, IMO.

don't feel that way. to be honest, I feel that we are in a great time for rap music in general, the great stuff is just not as spoon fed as it was in the past. do some sound cloud and blog searching( i got alotta good stuff on my soundcloud if you want to PM me). Incredible music and beats are being made by the hour, don't think the state of hip hop is what you hear on the radio and the most recent mixtapes on datpiff. Alot of people get so caught up in in the past that they kind of shut their ears to alot of the new sound. I love old hip hop but you have to learn to move on and appreciate the people making good music in the now also. Alot of so called "old hip hop" heads have a terrible time with this.

concepts asked me if there was anything else they could do to help my scenario. you think they would hook me up with the next qs release with 30% off?

The two main problems to me are:

1) I don't like the way a lot of contemporary hip hop sounds - it's too produced and/or electronic sounding. I'm still a sucker for the simple break beat or drum loop style (or sample layering). So, that knocks a lot of stuff out for me. I also don't like the cadence and flow of a lot of current rappers. Even though some of them are technically proficient, the sound doesn't please me.

2) With so much stuff out there, the juice isn't as worth the squeeze. You have to wade through more and more crud to find the gold. So, it's diminishing returns and I don't have the time and energy to devote that level of effort any more. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of current artists I check for heavy, but there's more trash than ever too. ...In a lot of ways, hip hop heads fell victim to "be careful what you wish for" because we always used to bemoan the labels and all that. But, in the days of artistic democracy, you also now see how important it was to have an executive producer on a project, and how a label was able to help a group establish a consistent sonic feel throughout a record. ...Of course, part of that issue is that the album itself is kind of an anachronism, so those things are less important because consuming an artist via the album isn't even the dominant form of engagement with music.

Luckily, I can always fall back on stuff like this. ...This is my dude's house, what you see on that wall is a portion of years and years worth of every week's Stretch and Bob show recorded off the radio.

Last edited:
Do shoe prices REALLY go up when some celebrity wears them? I never pay attention to what they're doing outside of the realm for which I know them, and seeing a celebrity wear a pair of sneakers isn't going to make me run out and buy them, cost be damned.
Yes.

Just take a look at the price of these before and after Kanye wore them..

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I am amazed by how many businesses have e-mail contact available on their sites but either take forever or don't reply at all. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a small independent shop or a large corporate either as the lack of response seems to occur in both. If you are not willing to take the time or have the staff available with the required knowledge to answer your existing or potential customer's questions then you should not have the option available IMO. End of rant...

Last edited:
Those Premiers are MIGHTY tempting... but dang I would never wear em.

Someone scoop up the 6 please so I don't get tempted XD.

Okay guys random question during the office hours (heh).

Have any of you seen Civilists in GS sizes? I know I'm late, but I have seen a single size below 7 floating anywhere online or in Ebay's sale history...

so I find it pretty odd. Would just like some confirmation that GS sizes exist out there XD.

Thanks
I found the attached link to a shop in the Philippines that indicates they were available in 6 and 6.5 at release. I'd take that with a grain of salt though as there does not seem to be any other info out there that confirms these sizes were available.

http://welegendary.blogspot.ca/2013/10/strike-nike-sb-limited-release.html

I found the attached link to a shop in the Philippines that indicates they were available in 6 and 6.5 at release. I'd take that with a grain of salt though as there does not seem to be any other info out there that confirms these sizes were available.

http://welegendary.blogspot.ca/2013/10/strike-nike-sb-limited-release.html

Dude, that is some international research. Lol. Thank you so much!

Dropping them a stock inquiry anyways. No harm in asking.

I see a good selection of popular quickstrikes as well. People should take their chances!

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I am amazed by how many businesses have e-mail contact available on their sites but either take forever or don't reply at all. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a small independent shop or a large corporate either as the lack of response seems to occur in both. If you are not willing to take the time or have the staff available with the required knowledge to answer your existing or potential customer's questions then you should not have the option available IMO. End of rant...

Yeah. When the market is saturated with shoe stores, places should look at customer service as an opportunity to distinguish themselves from their competitors.

That said, the flip side is annoying too - the overly needy customer who thinks he's the only person in the world buying shoes, and who emails for updates like two hours after purchase because he hasn't gotten a personalized letter from the CEO assuring him that he handpacked the shoes for delivery moments after seeing the order placed.

1) I don't like the way a lot of contemporary hip hop sounds - it's too produced and/or electronic sounding. I'm still a sucker for the simple break beat or drum loop style (or sample layering). So, that knocks a lot of stuff out for me. I also don't like the cadence and flow of a lot of current rappers. Even though some of them are technically proficient, the sound doesn't please me.

2) With so much stuff out there, the juice isn't as worth the squeeze. You have to wade through more and more crud to find the gold. So, it's diminishing returns and I don't have the time and energy to devote that level of effort any more. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of current artists I check for heavy, but there's more trash than ever too. ...In a lot of ways, hip hop heads fell victim to "be careful what you wish for" because we always used to bemoan the labels and all that. But, in the days of artistic democracy, you also now see how important it was to have an executive producer on a project, and how a label was able to help a group establish a consistent sonic feel throughout a record. ...Of course, part of that issue is that the album itself is kind of an anachronism, so those things are less important because consuming an artist via the album isn't even the dominant form of engagement with music.

Luckily, I can always fall back on stuff like this. ...This is my dude's house, what you see on that wall is a portion of years and years worth of every week's Stretch and Bob show recorded off the radio.

Damn that is Dope

Has he digitized any of that. Would be pretty dope even stretch and bbobbito don't have it all

Looks like I'll be in St Louis in a few months for a couple days. Anyone know of any SB spots out there? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather. Would appreciate any lookouts.

bip roberts bip roberts Has your friend ever thought about or started the task of digitizing all those tapes? It's a huge time sink, but with a collection of that many shows he'd probably get e-famous sharing it on sound cloud. I was half tempted to order that Doo Wop USB drive with all his mixtapes, but $150 is a bit more than I thought it'd be.

You articulated what my thoughts were a lot better than I did about current hip hop, what I'd started to write kept on coming off as "I'm old and I don't want to listen to thousands of hours of music to find 3 hours of great stuff"

I do still dig through a bunch of different sound cloud accounts, but that's more looking for the odd gem electronic mix, even there I feel like I've been out of the loop for a minute, at a local festival outside of 4 headliners I couldn't make heads or tails of any of the other groups playing.

Back
Top Bottom