2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Really? I only like his old stuff like Reasonable Doubt. New Jay z is a sell out who raps about meaningless ignorant sh*t along with all his buddies in the mainstream. Just my opinion though, I'm more of an independent/undeground/ 90s hip-hop kinda guy. 
pretty much agree. reasonable doubt is my fav too.

one thing i will say about jay-z however - i can't knock his lyrical ability/flow, production, and showmanship. he still has it. 

i'm just not interested in hearing about bugattis and tom ford suits, personally.

give me ATCQ, wu-tang, or joey bad***** any day over jay-z.

edit - can't even write joey bada___ with dollar signs instead of ss (it got censored to *****)

Last edited:
I feel like I'm missing out on good hip hop, when I was younger even though the internet wasn't as prevalent as it is today, I got into some pretty good acts through the radio show on the local college station, the dj was dropping all kinds of stuff late night on Thursdays that I wouldn't hear any where else. Now it seems like I'm stuck listening to the same albums that I did when I was in my teens-early 20s and when I check out what's hot currently I just can't get into it at all.

did i completely miss something? slam city retros??

Last year, limited to Slam City Skates/twitter contest winners if I remember right though. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped again though since Slam City Skates is doing a pop up at Selfridge's.

Really? I only like his old stuff like Reasonable Doubt. New Jay z is a sell out who raps about meaningless ignorant sh*t along with all his buddies in the mainstream. Just my opinion though, I'm more of an independent/undeground/ 90s hip-hop kinda guy. 
pretty much agree. reasonable doubt is my fav too.

one thing i will say about jay-z however - i can't knock his lyrical ability/flow, production, and showmanship. he still has it. 

i'm just not interested in hearing about bugattis and tom ford suits, personally.

give me ATCQ, wu-tang, or joey bad***** any day over jay-z.

edit - can't even write joey bada___ with dollar signs instead of ss (it got censored to *****)
Anything before Kingdom Come is good with me. I'm also an underground, 90's rap guy. I cut radio out of my life completely once I realized how much crap they pump through those speakers. Sorry for the minor derail guys.

since we're on the topic... 

a tribe called quest low end theory inspired dunk would be pretty dope i think.  

Oh. His new music is garbage no doubt. haha. Ironically I just finished Vol 1 on the way to work this morning. 

Last edited:
I wish mom and dad had let me rock out with the credit card in my teenage years. I don't care what celebrity wears what shoe, if I didn't already want it before seeing someone famous in them isn't going to get my gears going.

While I was typing this post out I had a knock on the door, these weren't supposed to get here until Thursday, but even sent via Parcel Post it still didn't take too long. Not SB, but man they don't make them like this any more.

I've been trying to find another pair of those Mulderesque Dunks for damn near 10 years

I'm jelly

I like kingdom come amd his new stuff but yea his older albums and content was better.Its a new day and those times are gone.

@murasaki  Wasn't going to say anything…but…dude you should offer help on this thread once in awhile instead of asking for help over and over with no results. I remember you were that annoying dude demanding for people to do things for you instead of asking nicely, getting on peoples nerves. Now I see your posts sprinkled all over this thread and all you do is ask for tips and help. Learn how to conversate, help, and donate to this forum once in awhile homie.
you are right i apologize, i have been trying to give back with info and what not of what i can find and feedback on what i have read but sorry for being so needy , thanks for the reality check  (no sarcasm)

Last edited:
I feel like I'm missing out on good hip hop, when I was younger even though the internet wasn't as prevalent as it is today, I got into some pretty good acts through the radio show on the local college station, the dj was dropping all kinds of stuff late night on Thursdays that I wouldn't hear any where else. Now it seems like I'm stuck listening to the same albums that I did when I was in my teens-early 20s and when I check out what's hot currently I just can't get into it at all.

did i completely miss something? slam city retros??

Last year, limited to Slam City Skates/twitter contest winners if I remember right though. I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped again though since Slam City Skates is doing a pop up at Selfridge's.
don't feel that way. to be honest, I feel that we are in a great time for rap music in general, the great stuff is just not as spoon fed as it was in the past. do some sound cloud and blog searching( i got alotta good stuff on my soundcloud if you want to PM me). Incredible music and beats are being made by the hour, don't think the state of hip hop is what you hear on the radio and the most recent mixtapes on datpiff. Alot of people get so caught up in in the past that they kind of shut their ears to alot of the new sound. I love old hip hop but you have to learn to move on and appreciate the people making good music in the now also. Alot of so called "old hip hop" heads have a terrible time with this.

concepts asked me if there was anything else they could do to help my scenario. you think they would hook me up with the next qs release with 30% off?

Last edited:
don't feel that way. to be honest, I feel that we are in a great time for rap music in general, the great stuff is just not as spoon fed as it was in the past. do some sound cloud and blog searching( i got alotta good stuff on my soundcloud if you want to PM me). Incredible music and beats are being made by the hour, don't think the state of hip hop is what you hear on the radio and the most recent mixtapes on datpiff. Alot of people get so caught up in in the past that they kind of shut their ears to alot of the new sound. I love old hip hop but you have to learn to move on and appreciate the people making good music in the now also. Alot of so called "old hip hop" heads have a terrible time with this.

concepts asked me if there was anything else they could do to help my scenario. you think they would hook me up with the next qs release with 30% off?
Knowing them, they won't haha. Wouldn't hurt to try. 

Oh and PM inbound. :tongue:

I like kingdom come amd his new stuff but yea his older albums and content was better.Its a new day and those times are gone.
You're dropping the price on those Prelude 6's haha. Soon enough I'll be able to cop at the Tiff price. WOOT.

This is exactly why I avoid buying shoes from CCS. They were the only site that had a pair of Vans that I really wanted in my size, so I pretty much had no choice but to order from them. Not only was the box beat from being shipped in a bag when it arrived, but someone decided to put a second shipping label on top of the shoe box itself. Now my box is stuck with that nasty, sticky residue on it (I really didn't want my shipping info on top of the shoe box, so I peeled it off). To make things worse, the next time I ordered some socks from them... they were double boxed. :smh:

I know that CCS always has good deals because of their coupons/free shipping codes, but I'd honestly rather pay a little more to another company that won't have me worrying about what condition my package is going to be in before it arrives on my doorstep.

Nice Fairy Tail poster. :nerd:

I don't know if they do this every time, but the 3 times I've ordered from CCS I also ordered a pair of clearance pants for work (chinos for 7.99 can't go wrong) or a clearance shirty or whatever I find for a few bucks and they ship it in a box instead.

My Snake Eyes and pair of chinos came in a large box with cushioning inside. Last thing I got was I think the black/white lows and I got a shirt with it, also got a box.

Back
Top Bottom