2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

that door could definitely use a cleaning/repainting quick 8)

im actually diggin the box idea though, would definitely prevent my boxes from crushing each other...

Haha yeah I been meaning to paint both of the doors. Been on my to do list, but now I been called out i'll have to go back to the HD for some paint :lol:

this is far more sophisticated though (I mean c'mon... I'm damn near 30 I can't have folk see my room and have a gang of home depot boxes) it's bad enough I got all these sneakers as it is.

Well first that's only one side of the room. so given that fact regardless if theyre in these HD boxes or nice shelving units they'll raise an eyebrow to who ever walks in. If I had a dedicated shoe room i'd probably have actual shelving. Also this is an angled look. I'll take a full frontal pic which is what people will see if they walk in which looks much cleaner. Some creative stickering on the visible outter side and no one can see the HD branding. Besides it's my bedroom ain't nobody going in my room but me or some lucky lady that gets that late night invite after the bar :smokin

Grown man ish. Spend thousands on a shoe collection and protect it with 74 cent home depot cardboard boxes.

I'm not sure if this was sarcasm/jab at me or you giving me a bro fist approval.This is an easy, budget friendly and creative way to stack you kicks if youre in a pinch and on limited space. Also a temporary solution if you want it to be. Just because I spend money on kicks don't mean I have to go all out in protecting em per se. This is beyond functional. The fact that they stack in 3s is cool to because now i'ts not terrifying nor a chore in the morning trying to get those kicks at the bottom of the stack. I didn't plan on having this many shoes TBH but the collection has been slowly growing.

Last edited:

I mean $220 isn't too bad...unless you can still find it for retail 
smile.gif
I wish, lol, I totally slept on the initial release.  $220 resell is pretty tame compared to the outrageous prices for the extremely limited and highly coveted SB releases from the past like Unkles, Medicoms, Supremes, etc.  

Would you happen to own a pair of SOMPs?  How's the overall equality?  I'm considering paying that $220 if quality is on point.  

Got my YOTH from fliest kicks today;

Ordered on the 24th, got to me in Canada today, the 28th.

These shoes are nice, so nice I am not sure I wanna wear them. ha ha

Im thinking of ordering from fliest kicks.. Packaging and shoe are all good?

Im thinking of ordering from fliest kicks.. Packaging and shoe are all good?
Yeah, no worries from them.  Had a friend who ordered a pair of royal blue Air Jordan 1s from them a while ago.  Took about 2 weeks to ship since they are based in Poland.  But everything is all good.  I'd advise you to buy more than 1 pair, as shipping is pretty pricy.  Maybe if you have a friend or two interested in buying some shoes, have them buy with you so you guys save money on shipping.  

I think it's safe to say that less than 1000 pair of SOMPs released. I would say the yellow lobsters were the last true HS (less than 100).

Less than 1,000 pairs? How so? On Ebay, aftermarket prices are as low as $220. Unless of course the demand is nonexistent, or you're referring to a different pair of SOMPs that I'm unaware of. You mean the pair with gum bottoms and nubuck upper, right?
There were DEFINITELY less than 1,000 pairs made. Closer to 500 actually. The two main shops that got them got less than 250 pairs combined and most of the rest of the shops that got them got less than 10 pairs. Some places like 21 Mercer got a good amount but only a full size run or two. By my estimates when the shoes released, 500 or less shoes were sold to the general public.

Against All Odds in Woodbridge Mall NJ has Snake Eyes and Floridas and there's a 20% friends and family coupon you can apply to either one. Let me know if anyone needs it.

Coupon makes the Floridas $68...

Last edited:

There were DEFINITELY less than 1,000 pairs made. Closer to 500 actually. The two main shops that got them got less than 250 pairs combined and most of the rest of the shops that got them got less than 10 pairs. Some places like 21 Mercer got a good amount but only a full size run or two. By my estimates when the shoes released, 500 or less shoes were sold to the general public.
Seriously?  Wow.  I'm shocked that aftermarket prices are relatively low compared to other shoes that have been released that are limited to such low numbers.  I'm not quite sure why they're so low, seeing as there is supposedly such a small supply. The only plausible explanation I can think of is that demand just isn't quite there.  

Seriously?  Wow.  I'm shocked that aftermarket prices are relatively low compared to other shoes that have been released that are limited to such low numbers.  I'm not quite sure why they're so low, seeing as there is supposedly such a small supply. The only plausible explanation I can think of is that demand just isn't quite there.  

Limited availability doesn't always dictate the aftermarket prices. Up until the past year or so you'd be able to pick up the original Saucony Elite releases which were limited to 300 pairs world wide for maybe 20-30 over retail. Hell some shops had them in stock until the 5th wave of them started coming out. Sometimes despite it being a great shoe, the core people that are going to go after it will be frugal with their money and not pounce until the price comes down.

Quote:

^They aren't hyped or desired by anyone beyond a group like members of this thread, stashedboxes forums, and SB collector types really. Nothing like a Tiff release that people who don't own any SBs freak out over and overpay for them....even with supposedly 30K+ numbers and they still resell for more than SOMPs.

Last edited:
That's a really good idea. Def need to look into this. Especially because of how cheap it is. Repped.

Do you know if home depot had a slightly bigger box?

@BryMon The other box is a medium and I the dimensions on those are 18 x 18 x 16 and the large box is 18 x 18 x 24. They essentially get deeper so not ideal for display purposes. the measurements as I list them are width x height x depth

If you want to get nice unbranded boxes best thing to do would be to take however many shoes you want to stack together and measure them out then head to a box store.

Like I said before a box that measures 20 x 15 x 15 holds 6 boxes perfectly with enough room to seal the box if you're gonna move. It'll end up costing you a bit of cash in the end but still far less than an actual unit. Here's the pic shoe wolf posted of what it would look like with that box.

He's a size 12 and it worked out for him but like I said it'd be best to take 6 of your shoes and measure it out to get an accurate measurement for what works best for your shoes.

Last edited:
The other box is a medium and I the dimensions on those are 18 x 18 x 16 and the large box is 18 x 18 x 24. They essentially get deeper so not ideal for display purposes. the measurements as I list them are width x height x depth

If you want to get nice unbranded boxes best thing to do would be to take however many shoes you want to stack together and measure them out.

Like I said before a box that measures 20 x 15 x 15 holds 6 boxes perfectly with enough room to seal the box if you're gonna move. It'll end up costing you a bit of cash in the end but still far less than an actual unit. Here's the pic shoe wolf posted of what it would look like with that box.

He's a size 12 and it worked out for him but like I said it'd be best to take 6 of your shoes and measure it out to get an accurate measurement for what works best for your shoes.

Info on the Chewbacca Jesus painting?

Limited availability doesn't always dictate the aftermarket prices. Up until the past year or so you'd be able to pick up the original Saucony Elite releases which were limited to 300 pairs world wide for maybe 20-30 over retail. Hell some shops had them in stock until the 5th wave of them started coming out. Sometimes despite it being a great shoe, the core people that are going to go after it will be frugal with their money and not pounce until the price comes down.

Quote:

^They aren't hyped or desired by anyone beyond a group like members of this thread, stashedboxes forums, and SB collector types really. Nothing like a Tiff release that people who don't own any SBs freak out over and overpay for them....even with supposedly 30K+ numbers and they still resell for more than SOMPs.
Wow, looks there's something new to learn very day lol.  Thanks guys. This is quite intriguing.  From my own personal experience of collecting (mainly with Jordan Brand and Nike Basketball), anything with limited numbers typically commanded an outrageous aftermarket price, regardless of quality and colorway.  This might be one of the few (possibly only) instance where a shoe with such low production numbers don't resell for at least triple its retail price.  I just find it strange, because SBs that weren't nearly as limited back in 2006 had outlandish prices.  Looks like hype plays a huge influence still.

Yeah, no worries from them.  Had a friend who ordered a pair of royal blue Air Jordan 1s from them a while ago.  Took about 2 weeks to ship since they are based in Poland.  But everything is all good.  I'd advise you to buy more than 1 pair, as shipping is pretty pricy.  Maybe if you have a friend or two interested in buying some shoes, have them buy with you so you guys save money on shipping.  
I believe if you spend over $200 (not including shipping), you will get hit with a customs/import fee. I'm not 100% but just wanted to put this out there since I believe I read that somewhere in this thread.

Last edited:

I believe if you spend over $200 (not including shipping), you will get hit with a customs/import fee. I'm not 100% but just wanted to put this out there since I believe I read that somewhere in this thread.
You'll be more likely to get hit with customs, for sure, but it's not a guarantee. My friend paid about $240 shipped for his Royals, no customs at all.  I think when they shipped the shoes, they were declared as a gift.  

I send him n offer 3 weeks ago and gave a total of $195 shipped. I guess to fly low under $200 custom fees. But i wasn't too sure if its legit or so. Good to know. I might hit him up and see if he still have some in stock.

QS and Hyper don't define quantity. It just describes the manner in which a shoe is released. The internet has nearly killed this concept with al the image leaks and knowledge spread with the internet. A modern hyperstrike was the Red Octobers. To whoever mentioned Tier 0, it's a Nike account rank that people say uses a different manufacturer for production compared to GRs. (better materials/ shape)

Did anyone try ordering Tiffs from any of the EU sites which were doing midnight online releases?
I'm actually shooting for the release at 9AM CET.  Might have to go through some hoops to get them shipped in here in the USA if you're ordering from NDC Europe, but worth it for those who are willing to wait and willing to pay significantly less than resell.  

Back
Top Bottom