2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Nostalgia, hype, cool factor, and hype. They're shoes with gold stars on the side lol, never understood the infatuation with that brand anyway

BTW Gator... ALL GR's SIT, no need to wonder why a GR doesn't sell out instantly.

thanks. New to SBs... Idk what's GR and what ain't.

So basically if it's non collab is GR, is that a fair assumption?

well damn.... man can somebody explain to me what's so great about that set of shoes??? I mean I've seen them....and I honestly just don't get it :lol: :lol:

It's one of the best streetware brands out there that has crossover appeal from more than just people into sneakers, and thus every thing they release tends to be a hot commodity. I'm not heavy into the brand so while I like the releases they've done with Nike, none of the stuff seems worth the effort to me, but I do get why other people want it. I'd rather spend time and money tracking down other releases, like co.jp non SB stuff that were made in higher numbers, and have more personal appeal to me.

edit: ALMOST everything they release. They have some troll items in every season it seems. But look at what their Box tees/hoodies go for, and sit there asking yourself, why are people paying that much.

Last edited:
some people will pay a grand plus for WTDs, Tiff Lows, specific Jordans, etc. The supreme high set is my personal grail and yeah I'd pay that about $650 for each pair.

I'd never pay a grand plus for anything!!! Maybe I'm just not balling enough. I just dropped 6 bills on the AJKO Rivalry pack and that was ONLY cuz I had a hefty paypal balance that had been collecting dust.

I mean my GRAIL, GRAILS are Goldenrods and Black/Navy low top XIIIs---I spent 2 something on the XIIIs and was seriously wondering what the **** I was going through :lol:

For me the big chase is the BTTYS 7 from 98/99, if I could get all of them at once deadstock in my size, I'd pay a premium over what the current market rate of about 175-225 per pair. If I could get my hands on any of the warmups, It'd be the reseller's dream with little to no haggling and immediate payment.

For me the big chase is the BTTYS 7 from 98/99, if I could get all of them at once deadstock in my size, I'd pay a premium over what the current market rate of about 175-225 per pair. If I could get my hands on any of the warmups, It'd be the reseller's dream with little to no haggling and immediate payment.

I feel you; we all got them kicks.

I'm still on the hunt for some DT 6s... and some cot dang Penny IIs. If I find them? Yea. That baby wouldn't have nothing on me :lol:

**edit, can you post pics of the shoe you talking about?

Last edited:
I'd never pay a grand plus for anything!!! Maybe I'm just not balling enough. I just dropped 6 bills on the AJKO Rivalry pack and that was ONLY cuz I had a hefty paypal balance that had been collecting dust.

I mean my GRAIL, GRAILS are Goldenrods and Black/Navy low top XIIIs---I spent 2 something on the XIIIs and was seriously wondering what the **** I was going through
laugh.gif
Being a native new yorker, having grown up in NYC, attended NYU, and still living in Manhattan, I've always loved the streetwear culture here and Supreme (along with a couple other of my favorite shops) embodies it. I could never afford the Supreme Highs when I was a student but I thought they were the coolest shoes ever. I'm the type of person that 1000% goes quality > quantity. I'd rather have 1 pair of Supremes that I REALLY WANT than 6 pairs of GRs that I think are okay. So yeah, I'd pay the going market rate for those shoes as 1 they're hard to find 2 they're highly sought after in general. That's just my line of reasoning not coming at anybody.

side note - I got the AJKO rivalry pack too, think you have overpaid a bit, but they're sick shoes. Nice pick up.

Thanks. I guess, I'll just spam the thread real quick now, with tons of random old non-SB Dunks
What's up BIP! You going to hook a brotha up or what!? Hahaha.

Repped for the collection.

Busted these out last night at my gig w/ the matching Send Help Football jersey.

I have to say, the jersey is nice.
nthat.gif

Thinking of buying another one on discount...
tongue.gif

Last edited:
The word QS is thrown around too much from Nike SB brand. There are some shoes that've dropped lately that honestly, if they didn't have that QS on the box or the hype that people give shoes would be sitting (SOMPs would have sat, AJ1 x Nike SB would have sat had they been a normal jordan 1 release, V-Day dunks would have and did sit, BHM dunks are still sitting in some place).

Respectfully speaking, buy what you like. Nike had broadened the amount of QS releases, a couple years back there were 4-6 QS drops per year. Now, there are 1-2 per month.

Last edited:

The word QS is thrown around too much from Nike SB brand. There are some shoes that've dropped lately that honestly, if they didn't have that QS on the box or the hype that people give shoes would be sitting (SOMPs would have sat, AJ1 x Nike SB would have sat had they been a normal jordan 1 release, V-Day dunks would have and did sit, BHM dunks are still sitting in some place).

Respectfully speaking, buy what you like. Nike had broadened the amount of QS releases, a couple years back there were 4-6 QS drops per year. Now, there are 1-2 per month.
was hoping the SOMPs were a GR so i could cop em on discount but o well it is what it is... n the only reason QS have been selling out so fast lately are due to the after shock created by the tiff highs.... SOMPs >>> Tiff Highs

I don't know if I'd say the SOMPS would sit, it's a very clean and well put together shoe, they may not have been instant sellouts, but they would have sold at a brisk pace.

Nike does throw around the QS label too often, I wish they didn't put it on the box at all so a shoe could either stand on its own merits or fail. It's really ridiculous when they put out a release that has so many different additions that they run out of space on the tag

like the air force 1 low supreme I/O TZ YOTD

Like your avatar. I recently moved to NJ from NC and left a lot of my SBs back home including those. Now that spring is here I wish I would have left some Js over the SBs.

what ever happen to the term "hyper strike" or is that now what we consider store branded shoes, like the branded petosky's or the black UCS.

Like your avatar. I recently moved to NJ from NC and left a lot of my SBs back home including those. Now that spring is here I wish I would have left some Js over the SBs.
Safari's are a top 5 shoe in my collection. I had 4 DS pairs at one point lol.

Petoskeys no where near a Hyperstrike. I have seen way too many pairs.

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that less than 1000 pair of SOMPs released. I would say the yellow lobsters were the last true HS (less than 100).

Last edited:
i remember there was an article that as posted on NT many years ago which explained the differences between quick strikes, hyper strikes and tier zero's but some how years later it just all seems blurry again.

Back
Top Bottom