2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I think it's safe to say that less than 1000 pair of SOMPs released. I would say the yellow lobsters were the last true HS (less than 100).

idk if we can consider yellow lobsters an HS, pretty sure they never went on sale and were friends and family release only.

why does everything feel like a GR with the HS tag on it now a days haha?

Petoskeys no where near a Hyperstrike. I have seen way too many pairs.
Branded Petoskeys were pretty limited. Less than 1500 pairs.

And it was also said that SOMP's were a hyperstrike as said on the last page. Heard that from many people.

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that less than 1000 pair of SOMPs released. I would say the yellow lobsters were the last true HS (less than 100).
Yellow Lobsters were not a Hyperstrike since they only made pairs for the shop employees and (from what I've heard) there's only about 15-20 in existence. They were never sold to the General Public as I understand it. I think by definition, Hyperstrike is related to the quantity of shoes released for sale (something like 500 or less). The last Hyperstrike I know of is those Levis Dunk Lows.

i remember there was an article that as posted on NT many years ago which explained the differences between quick strikes, hyper strikes and tier zero's but some how years later it just all seems blurry again.
Has to do with quantities. QS is like 5k or less, HS is 500 or less (these are example numbers I'm not sure on the actual numbers).

The word QS is thrown around too much from Nike SB brand. There are some shoes that've dropped lately that honestly, if they didn't have that QS on the box or the hype that people give shoes would be sitting (SOMPs would have sat, AJ1 x Nike SB would have sat had they been a normal jordan 1 release, V-Day dunks would have and did sit, BHM dunks are still sitting in some place).

Respectfully speaking, buy what you like. Nike had broadened the amount of QS releases, a couple years back there were 4-6 QS drops per year. Now, there are 1-2 per month.
I wish SOMPs would have been a mass produced GR and sat, I could care less about a QS label. Would have copped several, I don't know if they would have sat like you think though. Materials and white midsole/gumsole make the shoe, and Venom's they are not.

Pretty sure yellow lobsters were friends and family.

Edit: just saw it was mentioned more than once

Last edited:

I wish SOMPs would have been a mass produced GR and sat, I could care less about a QS label. Would have copped several, I don't know if they would have sat like you think though. Materials and white midsole/gumsole make the shoe, and Venom's they are not.
quality woulda suffered if they were a GR but i do think they woulda sold well... many of us... including myself were surprised when they announced how limited they were but then found out the material quality... so smooth feels like a baby seal 

quality woulda suffered if they were a GR but i do think they woulda sold well... many of us... including myself were surprised when they announced how limited they were but then found out the material quality... so smooth feels like a baby seal 
they are sweet bro. I love them. Might be a double up in my future.

I agree with you, Nike never would have had used that nubuck if they were a GR, I was just speaking to his point of them sitting if they were. I was very disappointed they were so limited as I was hoping they would fly under the radar and I wouldn't have had as difficult a time copping.... and yeah the nubuck is definitely smooth.
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Branded Petoskeys were pretty limited. Less than 1500 pairs.

And it was also said that SOMP's were a hyperstrike as said on the last page. Heard that from many people.

I'm pretty sure it was 500 on the branded petoskey

Last edited:
some dope pickups in here. repped dudes. making me jealous

hope everyone enjoys the games tonight
pimp.gif

Got my YOTH from fliest kicks today;

Ordered on the 24th, got to me in Canada today, the 28th.

These shoes are nice, so nice I am not sure I wanna wear them. ha ha

Less than 1,000 pairs? How so? On Ebay, aftermarket prices are as low as $220. Unless of course the demand is nonexistent, or you're referring to a different pair of SOMPs that I'm unaware of. You mean the pair with gum bottoms and nubuck upper, right?

Less than 1,000 pairs? How so? On Ebay, aftermarket prices are as low as $220. Unless of course the demand is nonexistent, or you're referring to a different pair of SOMPs that I'm unaware of. You mean the pair with gum bottoms and nubuck upper, right?
I mean $220 isn't too bad...unless you can still find it for retail 
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom