2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

i missed out an auction for WOF that went for like $100 wtfff

I bought mine DS for 120 shipped off ebay last week. Not too bad considering I bought the same pair for the same price after shipping as well and that was off a retail shop ( had to size up a .5 due to my wide feet). Sometimes you just have to be lucky and swoop them up quickly.

Last edited:
broke these out today - i find i have to be especially mindful when i'm wearing these, they're tough to keep clean!

https://flic.kr/p/mSc3Pa

Nike Dunk Low SB Stussy

I think I mentioned this before, but I took my Suede/Surede-like Sneaks to my Cobbler and he sprayed them with a Industrial Scotch Gard, so they bead with any/all Liquids now.
I would recommend it, especially with such a Nice Sneak!

broke these out today - i find i have to be especially mindful when i'm wearing these, they're tough to keep clean!

https://flic.kr/p/mSc3Pa

Nike Dunk Low SB Stussy

I think I mentioned this before, but I took my Suede/Surede-like Sneaks to my Cobbler and he sprayed them with a Industrial Scotch Gard, so they bead with any/all Liquids now.
I would recommend it, especially with such a Nice Sneak!
How much does that usually run you?

If they have been tried on only, they are DS IMO. I know when I worked at FootLocker, I tried on multiple release date shoes. So does that mean people are buying VNDS shoes without even knowing it?

This DS debate is exactly why some stores don't let people try on sneakers.

I've seen them go for 200-220 DS, but never in the size I need. I'm also looking for 10.5 right now, but haven't found any in that price range yet. 

I normally see them going for $250+ for DS.
$200+ is usually for not DS, from what I've seen.

Patience is the key to finding good deals, especially those on ebay. My local consignment shop has them for DS 220 but sadly it's not my size. I usually set my price at what I would like to pay for a certain pair and keep to that. Most of the times it works out in my favor. Just got to keep looking, it's out there somewhere.

That and dudes are walking around in nice shoes with really crusty feet
roll.gif

I've never heard of a store not letting people try on sneakers. Even flight club lets customers try on sneakers. People take it way too seriously.
A lot of stores won't let you try-on on release day. I remember when Blades won't let me try on the McRads

It sucks because you pretty much just can't try them on in-store, but you can buy them, try them on at home, and return them. But I guess on RD everyone expects to be the first person in those shoes.

How much does that usually run you?

Between $20 to $30. per Sneak.
It depends on Low vs High and materials on Sneak.
Some parts/section with Suede/Suede-like/Dreddy Suede on Sneaks is cheaper, is "tapes" off the parts/sections that don't need to be sprayed..
The Whole Sneak covered in Suede/Suede-like/Dreddy Suede, is obviously more expensive, since he has to spray the whole Sneak.
BUT, most of the time I just have him spray the whole Sneak, just to make sure.
I've been taking them to him for years, so I trust him with my Sneaks, and he has discounted with how many sneaks I have taken to him.
For example, I gave him my OG Viotechs, and he charged me $40 and few years back.
Gave him my my New 2013 Viotechs, and he charged me $25.
My WPF, Taun Tauns, YOTH, he charged me $30.
My Purple Cheetah's were $20.

A lot of stores won't let you try-on on release day. I remember when Blades won't let me try on the McRads

My local will let you try on any/all sneaks...but will not let you try on the QS Nikes.
Everyone should know what shoe size they are and how they feel....
You buy, then you try on.

It sucks because you pretty much just can't try them on in-store, but you can buy them, try them on at home, and return them. But I guess on RD everyone expects to be the first person in those shoes.

I prefer to be the only one that "De-virginizes" my Sneaks!

My local will let you try on any/all sneaks...but will not let you try on the QS Nikes.
Everyone should know what shoe size they are and how they feel....
You buy, then you try on.
I understand where they're coming from but that totally goes against the idea of the consumer knowing/understanding the product before paying for it. We always talk in here about whether shoes run TTS or big or small. Everybody is a little different and IMO trying on shoes doesn't mean they're being un-DS'd but that's just my 2c.

It's funny because you go to Bergdorf's or Barney's and if a customer wants to try on a $1000 pair of shoes they won't blink an eye. Something 'bout the sneaker culture is weird man. lol

Pretty sure when tiffany highs released, brooklyn projects weren't letting people try on, which in turn caused people to *****. But I agree, you should know what size you are so it shouldn't matter.

Yeah Blades wouldn't let anyone try on the Concord Lows on release day. I think this is mostly with QS but could be for other kicks...

Pretty sure when tiffany highs released, brooklyn projects weren't letting people try on, which in turn caused people to *****. But I agree, you should know what size you are so it shouldn't matter.

now we all know depending on material/brand/etc. sometimes your sizing "varies"

How many ppl in here did we have upset because the sizing was off on 510s compared to other SBs?? I mean I get why some stores wouldn't let you try on shoes.... (probably too many instances of people walking out with them :smh: )

when I buy shoes I always try them on, especially if it's a "first" of that model. Also, I try them on if I'm on the fence about buying. If I look good in them, then yea, we're a go. Sometimes stuff just looks different when it's on your foot.

I do agree you should know what size you are, but there will always be exceptions. Just like articles of clothing, just because it's the same model doesn't mean a different color will fit the same.

now we all know depending on material/brand/etc. sometimes your sizing "varies"

How many ppl in here did we have upset because the sizing was off on 510s compared to other SBs?? I mean I get why some stores wouldn't let you try on shoes.... (probably too many instances of people walking out with them
mean.gif
)

when I buy shoes I always try them on, especially if it's a "first" of that model. Also, I try them on if I'm on the fence about buying. If I look good in them, then yea, we're a go. Sometimes stuff just looks different when it's on your foot.
Yeah, when I bought my first Foamposite, I wanted to try on feet not just for sizing reasons but also because of the way they would look.

I do agree you should know what size you are, but there will always be exceptions. Just like articles of clothing, just because it's the same model doesn't mean a different color will fit the same.
Exactly, different shoes fit in different ways. That's why when you buy from Footlocker/Eastbay/FNL/Champs etc there is a sizing chart that says "Width: D" "True To Size" etc

Back
Top Bottom