2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Just got these in and I officially know my true size in the pink box era.Got em for a great price and it feels weird buying a used shoe but its in great condition.Ironically I have been playing del la soul's new mixtape all weekend.J Dilla is 1 of my fav producers of all-time and he died from lupus which my moms has had since 1991.Love my moms and hope they find a cure for it soon.

Only 2 more to get on my list.

full contrast

Last edited:
Just got these in and I officially know my true size in the pink box era.Got em for a great price and it feels weird buying a used shoe but its in great condition.Ironically I have been playing del la soul's new mixtape all weekend.J Dilla is 1 of my fav producers of all-time and he died from lupus which my moms has had since 1991.Love my moms and hope they find a cure for it soon.

Only 2 more to get on my list.

full contrast

Great pick up man. Really hope I can snag those one day

Only posting bc everyone else does! Wow! Ok I have both YOTH and now SOMP and I can say by just a small margin SOMP takes the quality effect !

I'm saying though--- ppl are treating them like it's a "mountain to conquer."

I'm coming from a Jordan perspective however, and I've never really seen anybody make a big deal about how the boxes have changed throughout the year.
Pink box considered one of the best eras for Nike SBs. Very hard to find that stuff new and un-used. When SB heads talk about box color they're talking about the era and the sneakers that came along with it.

I'm coming from a Jordan perspective however, and I've never really seen anybody make a big deal about how the boxes have changed throughout the year.
It's very opinionated (although there's A LOT of people who share it) but there are similarities regarding the change of boxes for SB and Jordan. Older releases typically used better material and seem to be nicer in quality. The older SB era's also include a lot of people's "grail" status shoes.

Anyone know when the 40%off from martini ends
I believe today is the last day...don't quote me lol

Last edited:

As people have stated already, it's not about the box itself. It's sort of like how people say retro J's were better in so and so year, except instead of years people refer to box colors.

Just from taking a glance at someone's boxes you can get an idea of what they have in their collection. Jordan keeps on rereleasing stuff over the years and it gets progressively worse, and they tend to keep the same box type over the years.

Not going through all the different Nike boxes Jordans were released in once it became its own brand you've had:
The Silver Box
The Face Box
The Black Box
the New Black Box

and the special boxes they did for 2 packs and very recently the OG style boxes that match the original releases Nike boxes but with Jordan Branding.

With SBs the boxes mark the different eras, and while I'm not a snob that will complain about how much worse the current box designs are compared to the silver or pink, some people swear by it.

It's not the box color that people are after, it's what is inside pink boxes that people are after. To put it into a Jordan perspective, jb releases the same shoes, but in different boxes throughout the years so the box doesn't matter. Dunk SBs do not rerelease, so certain colorways are tied to certain color boxes. Simple!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom