2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Here's some of my SBs that I kept over the years...this isn't all of them but most of my good stuff are here. 
tongue.gif
Found some of my stuff. Enjoy the photos.
pimp.gif

dont try to act like you just found this heat
wink.gif
ive been in this thread since waaaay back lol. crazy though, i remember back when this thread would do like 3-4 pages a MONTH...now its like 20-30 a week
smokin.gif
such a dope collection civickid, always wished you were a member of team11.5/12
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Any additional info would be of great help to a starter like me. We all started somewhere, sometime right?
I rock an 11 in Js (SOMETIMES, I can fit a 10.5, but not too often) and with SBs (Highs at least), I rock an 11. Oddly though, my Huxtables fit much smaller than my Guccis. Bout to break out my BHMs Lows, so we'll see if the 11 fits with the Lows too. Need to find out before the Concords (AND WoFs!!!) drop... God, after those two, I could chill for the year (on the newer releases, at least... still got a few older releases on my Grail Hit List I need knocked off).

I know this is gonna sound like a "Hypebeast"-ish thing to say, (but I don't care, cuz A. I know where my heart is at when it comes to these kicks and B. I just don't) but I'm not really into buying the GR, non-Themed SBs. The themes are one of the main things that I find dope  about SBs (besides the Dunk silhouette and design, of course)... The other reason is I have so many Retro Js in the OG "Home" and "Away" colorways that I wear for my "relaxed/chill" days, so I don't need the more laid back CWs. For a guy that is mainly about plain-colored hoodies/solid tees/and jeans, my shoes are kinda where I "stunt", as far as showing my style. I was actually just explaining that to my girl today when she was totally incredulous as to why I would want the "When Pigs Fly" joints. I'm not saying that I wouldn't buy a GR SB just because it's a GR release (now THAT is some Hypebeast ishh), I'm just saying the crazier CWs tend to be non-GR releases. Hope this all makes sense to some people.

yo JOHN, is that what happened to Jacks Surfboards? I remember back in the day they would have crazy SB's on their site, then poof, only 6.0's...I remember trippin' when i saw them selling the black and tans online waaaay early, especially since i think they were the only site sellin' them.

dont try to act like you just found this heat
wink.gif
ive been in this thread since waaaay back lol. crazy though, i remember back when this thread would do like 3-4 pages a MONTH...now its like 20-30 a week
smokin.gif
such a dope collection civickid, always wished you were a member of team11.5/12
laugh.gif
Dcypoe81 stay researching though! Repped when I get REPS! LMAO!!!

Edit: Got reps and REPPED.

Last edited:
yo JOHN, is that what happened to Jacks Surfboards? I remember back in the day they would have crazy SB's on their site, then poof, only 6.0's...I remember trippin' when i saw them selling the black and tans online waaaay early, especially since i think they were the only site sellin' them.
If we're talking about Jack's Surfboards in HB, that could have been what got them. They don't have their account under that name anymore though, now it's called Jack's Garage. That's their SB shop. It could have just been the fact that they technically opened a "new" account by moving it.

Dcypoe81 stay researching though! Repped when I get REPS! LMAO!!!
laugh.gif
pics with that much heat together don't come around all the time...they get engraved into your brain like that fine chick from high school
wink.gif

Last edited:
If we're talking about Jack's Surfboards in HB, that could have been what got them. They don't have their account under that name anymore though, now it's called Jack's Garage. That's their SB shop. It could have just been the fact that they technically opened a "new" account by moving it.
https://www.garageskateshop.com
eek.gif

there can never be a TEAM SB without John in it
laugh.gif

Last edited:
John dropping knowledge again!

I think a lot of people misunderstand the lack of control that a shop has over they inventory the get sent by Nike. They basically hit you like, "Yo shorty, pump this" and then they bounce.

What John said is true of Nike as a whole as well, not just SB. It's no easy task to get a Nike account period. To my understanding, one of the easiest ways to do so is actually to inherit one when you take over a shop.

But, a lot of newer people to the hobby think running a sneaker store is easy... but that's because they have no idea how it works. LOL. It's a lot of work to get a Nike account. When you first get one, you mostly get sent crap. You're charged on receipt. ...You have to move a lot of air Monarchs to have the chance to sell Brons, and then a lot of Brons to get a chance to sell Corks. ...It kind of works the way some cable stations and cable providers negotiate. Your local provider is negotiating with ABC to carry ESPN, ABC says, okay, first off, ESPN is going to cost you heavily, but that's not it - if you want it, you're going to have to take these 6 channels we own as well that nobody will ever watch. It's strongarm tactics for privilege of slinging hot product. That's business.
ALL OF THIS! That "Yo shorty" line had me dying!
laugh.gif

John00:

Thanks bro. I had to share those photos. Love the vibe you're bringing back in here. I hope I can solidify myself as a member of Team SB if/when that ever happens. Continue to do the good work in here! You got this OG's support.
happy.gif
I'm honored,. Thank you but it's not just me in here, ALL of us keep the vibe going. I love this thread!
https://www.garageskateshop.com
eek.gif

there can never be a TEAM SB without John in it
laugh.gif
I told you.

Thanks for the love guys! Yeah, those are some of the pictures I've posted in this thread throughout the years and I thought it would be nice to bring them back out since we got people starting to peep in this thread more.

I'll continue to bring back photos from the past. It's so sad with what I parted with over the years. You guys are making me go after everything I let go of. I'll keep you all posted by up to the pickup. :D

Y'all need to stop posting these deals... Been buying way tooooooo many shoes lately. :smh:

Mannn Me Too!!!!!
Preciate All The Knowledge You Guys Are Droppin Alot Of Valuable Info To Say The Least And Alot Of BEAUTIFUL PickUps ... Good Stuff Bros!!!

Last edited:
^ Yeah it's sort of a grey area but I guess technically it still counts as a retro.

I def. wouldn't take what anyone from Nike has said about never retroing SB.

It will happen.. It's inevitable.

Gentry and Tinker had been quoted for years saying that "Nike Air" would never return on Jordans and look where we are with that.
Don't know how I feel about them retroing SBs, but I do agree that it's gonna happen. If there's money to be made, they're gonna do it...

^^^^

^^ That's how you're gonna feel when they start retroing and you get yourself some DS Supas for $100.

Sometimes I think I'm trippin' other times I know I'm not but ima take a deep breath and say something tht many of you all might find bold but I think nike sb or maybe js nike in general has fallen off .

Look at older releases (js off hand here) hulks , irons , Dino's , tiffs , mf doom , wheats , luckys , unlucky's , de la souls , send helps , skunks , tweeds , wtd's , Paris , Hawaii's , lobs(red/blue) , chocolates , Forbes , pigeons , zoo Yorks ... man I could go on forever with the sb heat didn't even name tht many orange and silver box series to really through y'all into the furnace .

But compare those to wat nike has came out with in recently . BHM pack , SPoT's , Concords , Space Jams (all of which i love) ... a whole bunch of GRs tht I don't find too appealing (maybe I'm js sleep) but to me when I look at those then look at wat was out back when I was in high school it's like a slap in the face . Now in no way am I trying to throw salt on this thread cuhz I love it in here but I js wanna give us something to talk about and share our opinions on . I wanna know if I'm in the dark here or are there people who agree with me me . Not even about to start on the quality .

**** , maybe it's all the ganja talking . ..

Last edited:
^^^^

^^ That's how you're gonna feel when they start retroing and you get yourself some DS Supas for $100.
i have to agree, walking into a shop and grabbing a pair of heinekens should feel equivalent to having a 3some with the kardashians

But i feel like its going to be a while before we see true retro's, just like jordan switched to the jumpman i feel like sb is going to somehow change something to differentiate between OG's and retro

Damn, I want to grab the sequoias but I must resist. Killed this month budget on kicks.

So many SPoT dunks on eBay SMDH

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I love when people ask me questions in here!

Okay, let's get this started!
VERY informative post! Great read. I especially was interested by point #3... A friend of mine told me about going into a local skate shop that usually gets the QS SB releases, and when he asked about the Concord Dunks release, they told him point blank that they probably won't be available to customers, because they set them aside for their "regular customers". I thought this was complete BS. Now, I understand wanting to reward regular/long-term customers, but setting aside your whole stock and not letting the average joe get a shot? That is wrong, in my opinion, and it seems like SB feels the same way. I'm going to go in there myself and see if that's what they tell me as well before calling that number, but if that is what they tell me, you can bet I'm giving Nike a call.

Now, John, I have another question; are these stores with SB accounts allowed to charge whatever they want for a shoe? Or is there a cap to how much they can jack up the price on any given shoe? Thanks for that informative post!

Back
Top Bottom