2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

^^ The number one complaint I've ever hear from people who attend DuunkXchange is the Flight Club style pricing.
laugh.gif

I may make my way out one day though.
Yeah, that's what it sounded like to me. At first, I figured there'd be a lot of people with heat, and for good prices, but the more I thought about it, the more foolish it seemed. It's not like people are just hiding out with their crazy stash of SB Dunks in their basement, and they only come out to sell 'em whenever a sneaker show comes around. Also, I would think sellers probably keep their prices the same as they do online, at best. At worst, they probably RAISE prices, if anything, because there are probably a lot of people at those events who aren't as savvy as some of us, as far as pricing, and will pay whatever, just to get the shoe they like, ESPECIALLY if it's right there, in their hands. I'm sure you can "haggle" some of the vendors and get them to drop their prices somewhat and give u a deal, but I bet a lot of them just charge what they normally would, because they know they'll be able to sell the shoe eventually. I might be wrong on all of this, since I've never been to one of these things. It just makes sense to me, and from what I've seen and heard about these type of events, that's usually the case. BTW, I bought a Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza from Dominos, lava cakes, and some of those Garlic bread bites (which are OFF THE HOOK - they remind me of Chuck E. Cheese's breadsticks, which used to be my SHEET back in the day!!) instead of buying 2 tickets and I'm sure I made the right choice... lol. 

On another note, Flight Club, surprisingly isn't too bad with some of their SB Dunks. Maybe I'm waaay off about this, since I'm just getting re-familiarized with the SB game, but they are about on par with the stuff I see on eBay (as far as older stuff is concerned). I'm mad I missed out on several pairs even a year ago, that have gone up in price or have yet to make it back to FC. My craigslist rarely has any SB heat in my size, so for the older stuff, I pretty much check Flight Club and eBay, and that's it....

Yeah, that's what it sounded like to me. At first, I figured there'd be a lot of people with heat, and for good prices, but the more I thought about it, the more foolish it seemed. It's not like people are just hiding out with their crazy stash of SB Dunks in their basement, and they only come out to sell 'em whenever a sneaker show comes around. Also, I would think sellers probably keep their prices the same as they do online, at best. At worst, they probably RAISE prices, if anything, because there are probably a lot of people at those events who aren't as savvy as some of us, as far as pricing, and will pay whatever, just to get the shoe they like, ESPECIALLY if it's right there, in their hands. I'm sure you can "haggle" some of the vendors and get them to drop their prices somewhat and give u a deal, but I bet a lot of them just charge what they normally would, because they know they'll be able to sell the shoe eventually. I might be wrong on all of this, since I've never been to one of these things. It just makes sense to me, and from what I've seen and heard about these type of events, that's usually the case. BTW, I bought a Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza from Dominos, lava cakes, and some of those Garlic bread bites (which are OFF THE HOOK - they remind me of Chuck E. Cheese's breadsticks, which used to be my SHEET back in the day!!) instead of buying 2 tickets and I'm sure I made the right choice... lol. 

On another note, Flight Club, surprisingly isn't too bad with some of their SB Dunks. Maybe I'm waaay off about this, since I'm just getting re-familiarized with the SB game, but they are about on par with the stuff I see on eBay (as far as older stuff is concerned). I'm mad I missed out on several pairs even a year ago, that have gone up in price or have yet to make it back to FC. My craigslist rarely has any SB heat in my size, so for the older stuff, I pretty much check Flight Club and eBay, and that's it....

Thing w eBay though as opposed to FC is that people aren't really paying the list prices.

Imageny posted a vnds pair of medicom 3s to their IG. $300.

^^ The number one complaint I've ever hear from people who attend DuunkXchange is the Flight Club style pricing.
laugh.gif

I may make my way out one day though.
The main problem with Sneaker Conventions is that "Sellers" are looking for TOP DOLLAR  on their shoes and "Buyers" are looking for deals...

A majority of the time both parties end up leaving empty handed....

Don't get me wrong, there are some deals to be had but you have to get lucky.... Very lucky...

It's not just these days... That's been the case for a loooong time now. People are more comfortable with "normal", and if u like something outside of the norm, people can't stand it. It's causing a strange phenomenon as of late though, with people trying TOO hard to be "different", wearing things like leather skirts (men, of course) and leggings in an attempt to be "fashion-forward" and "unique". But there's a reason men didn't wear women's clothes (besides cross-dressers and ******'s, of course) and the other ridiculous nonsense you see the "fashion icons" wearing and designers putting out... I'm all for individuality, and it doesn't bother me either way what someone wants to wear. I just find it odd and kind of lame that people dub things "stylish" just because it's different. Weird times we are in...

First off sorry for the terrible quality pictures, i dropped my phone when i was in a ******/ dwarf tossing competition at a strip club near my house last week and it hasnt worked since. haha

thought id share my latest pick ups, big big big thanks to b20 for help with the legit check. Been hunting down these two pairs for a minute now, so happy.

Bonus - flyer fromt he competition, got the ****** and some strippers to sign the back 

You know it, lol.  That forum is a joke.
:lol:
I'm starting to not like general either. I get flamed for no reason, defend myself, then I am the hated one for defending myself against internet thugs an idiots. This site almost never fails to remind me why I hate being called a sneakerheads. The fact that I get categorized with those same people is beyond embarrassing to me.

This thread, the comic book thread, few non nike threads, and sneaker reviews(despite being slow) are the only threads i still like.

First off sorry for the terrible quality pictures, i dropped my phone when i was in a ******/ dwarf tossing competition at a strip club near my house last week and it hasnt worked since. haha

thought id share my latest pick ups, big big big thanks to b20 for help with the legit check. Been hunting down these two pairs for a minute now, so happy.
LOL. I thought you were joking about the ******/Dwart tossing contest until the flyer pic...

So, are there good quality fakes going around of SB Dunks? If so, this is news to me. I've seen fakes before, but the ones I've seen are similar to the $50 fakes of Retro Js in that they're obviously fakes (big "Nike SB" tag on the tongue, poor materials used and craftsmanship, etc..), . Granted, there have been a lot of Unauthorized pairs coming out of China lately, so I can see it being possible for them to make Dunks too. I just never heard about it before. If they are making high-quality fakes, that's something I'll have to read up on and look out for more...

LOL. I thought you were joking about the ******/Dwart tossing contest until the flyer pic...

So, are there good quality fakes going around of SB Dunks? If so, this is news to me. I've seen fakes before, but the ones I've seen are similar to the $50 fakes of Retro Js in that they're obviously fakes (big "Nike SB" tag on the tongue, poor materials used and craftsmanship, etc..), . Granted, there have been a lot of Unauthorized pairs coming out of China lately, so I can see it being possible for them to make Dunks too. I just never heard about it before. If they are making high-quality fakes, that's something I'll have to read up on and look out for more...
Fakes were a huge problem when the SB craze was at its peak.

Fakes were a huge problem when the SB craze was at its peak.
Good quality fakes? I'm sure there were a lot of fakes (anything that's popular is gonna have bootleg versions, no matter what it is), but I'm talking about high-quality fakes. I guess it's not too much of a stretch, considering how much the quality of fakes are improving with JB. But then again, there is so much more money to be made by bootleggers with Retro Js that it makes sense for them to put more money into it to get a better quality product. Still, as far as with Jordans, its fairly easy to tell a fake from an Authentic pair. When you start talking about "Unauthorized" pairs being made in similar-to-identical factories with similar-to-identical materials, that's a whole different beast. That's more what I'm talking about, I guess. Those pairs are the ones coming out of China being sold by places like Mentalkicks and Kicksole (what some people mistakenly call "B-Grades) for over retail. The $50 fakes are different, in my eyes at least. Those things are fairly easy to tell, even to a semi-trained eye...

I miss having a few shops to pick from when buying SBs, in the last 3 years it went from 4 shops in driving distance to one, and it's in an area with no street parking so I've missed out on just about every decent release in the past 2 years. Glad to see that there's actually people helping one another in this thread now and not just arguing about how badly SB has fallen off.

Back
Top Bottom