2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Sometimes I think I'm trippin' other times I know I'm not but ima take a deep breath and say something tht many of you all might find bold but I think nike sb or maybe js nike in general has fallen off .

I just got back into copping kicks again not to long ago (ESPECIALLY when it comes to copping SBs) so I can't really speak to the quality of SBs, material-wise, but I kind of see what you're saying. I think what it is though isn't about them slacking on the idea tip, it's the fact that they're putting out so many more SB Dunks than in the past (due to how much the brand - and skateboarding in general - has blown up), and with that means more GRs and plain colorways. I kinda touched on that a little bit with saying I'm not that into all the plain GRs that are dropping, simply cuz when I think of SB Dunks, what comes to mind is all the crazy themed releases. Not saying there's anything wrong with GR releases or that there aren't any dope GRs - not true at all. I'm just saying there's a lot of stuff that is just meh to me personally. What you see happening with Nike SB is what happens, pretty much, to any company that blows up. The same thing is happening with JB. But instead of focusing on the meh releases, I choose to focus on the stuff I like, which there is a plethora of, for better or worse. I say for better. If u don't care about what other people are doing, and just buy what you want to buy and wear what you want to wear, regardless of what is popular, none of the meh stuff is gonna matter. All I want from Nike SB (and JB, as well as every other company I buy product from) is for them to produce stuff I like. They don't have to produce ONLY stuff I like; to expect them to do that would be both unreasonable and unrealistic. Peace.

Reminded why I keep coming back to this thread. Civic repped for the heat and john repped for the knowledge your dropping. I was good friends with the guys who ran 
Would've repped, but I'm over my limit (a common theme on here, I guess... a good problem). I've never been in the Roshe thread (not a Roshe fan), but if it's anything like the JB forum, I'm glad I haven't. I think my JB days are done (JB "Forum" days, let's not get it twisted! lol..I LOVE my Js). I get enough info on Twitter to where I know about the releases that I need to know about. I can't stand it in there. Straight childish. It reminds me of the Youtube comments section; I've found myself actually deleting comments on youtube right after posting, simply because I know some idiot will start hating, simply because they disagree with my opinion, and I don't want to deal with the BS. That's a sad, sad thing, especially when the whole point of the internet (one of them, at least) is to be able to communicate and share ideas and opinions with people as freely as possible. I think a lot of the BS on JB (and Youtube) is due to the fact that there are a lot of children on there, and children are almost always never self-aware; that's part of what makes you an adult, in my opinion. I think most of the cats on here (from my experiences at least, as brief as they've been) are adults, which is why there isn't a bunch of hating and BS (much like the NB thread). I've been slacking on visiting NT lately, just because I got sick of the JB thread and that was the main reason I came to NT, but after checking out this thread lately, I'm thankful I've found a thread that is more in line with what I'd want from a sneaker-based community. Hopefully, it stays this way. PEACE!

Last edited:
For a good minute, I thought I was looking at another photoshopped mock-up of a BHM Low, only with a white midsole and black bottom... lol. A little too close to the BHMs for my tastes

lol I guarantee they will retro Dunks soon enough. They have already proven they have ran out of ideas. In the pre 08 days I wouldn't give a lot of these the time of day. Now I have to try to like most of their new stuff. Dont get me wrong, they had a good amount of gems come out post 09 but I just aint feeling their new stuff. I know I am not the only one who feels like this. They are starting set release days and they will try to get a hype train going. Just watch.

Last edited:
Damn. I thought it was gonna be a slow Saturday when I left here but the west coast guys keep this thread poppin lol.

Thanks for the bigger pics Dycpoe. Those highs don't look so bad. I honestly though those were the BHM lows in the small preview lol.

At this point, I wouldn't mind if the retrod older dunks. I might catch some flack for this, but I feel that overall SB dunks are made better since they changed the tooling. The quality of the materials aside, GR SB dunks usually have better materials than standard NSW shoes anyways. But as a whole I like the overall build of the newer shoes better than the old ones.

00'. Repped as always for the good info.

To add to what 00' posted. In some cases, its kinda wild how some shops don't bother to fill out the web storefront forms (my own local included). But at the same time, they don't want to bother with upgrading/replacing their pos system (money), hiring an extra employee to manage and ship the web sales (already strapped for cash) or even setting up a shipping account (money). What BIP also said is fairly common where a shop owner 'inherits' the account from a previous owner. Making it easier to retain the SB/NSW/JB account. They still gotta fill out the forms though :tongue:

Nike seriously can have a shop by the balls regardless of what account it is. A shop can be upgraded/downgraded based on square foot space, amount of apparel they order and the number of crap shoes they order (air zoom whatever/max posite whater/JB inline shoes that will end up on the clearance rack). Some of my local mom and pop NSW spots got downgraded by JB and Nike for these factors. And when you get downgraded, so do your allocations for the shoes that people actually come to the store to get. Have you guys noticed the explosion in apparel showing up at all the shoe stores lately? They're trying to get it to where around 40% of sales are from apparel. Seriously, who's gonna buy an overpriced hoodie and shorts that are gonna cost damn near as much as the shoe they actually came there to buy?

Not to mention, the shop has 60 days to pay nike for the shoe from the time that it ships(they gotta pay for shipping to), not when the shoe hits the shop. This is primarily why some places have a 'get it and move it' mentality as soon as that big a** box from Memphis hits the door. The shops not only factor in the 'at cost' price of the shoe but also the freight when they think about tossing products on the sale rack to break even.

So yeah... Its a dog eat dog world with nike retailers. When it comes to SB shops, I think the relationship with your area rep can also dictate how easy it is to sell early/above cost/phone orders etc. All told, I usually don't mind when a local up-charges a little for a quick strike. If people are gonna pay a premium for a particular shoe, why not make a little bit more off a box of shoes that will sell in a day regardless, and pay the electric bill while they're at it (really). Its the shops that up-charge rape prices for a quickstrike, but also up-charge for friggin general releases that I can't stand. That's the shop that I'd complain about.

Happy easter for those who celebrate.

Have a little bit of info on the send help 2

They will range from size 4-12, 13,14, 15

So i guess good news for the size 13 guys

"You are over your limit for rating content. Please try again later."

:smh:

So much win in this thread as usual.

Anyone into Kostons, good deal at thr outlet a lil further north fron me.

Nike Factory Store
Clinton, CT
(860) 669-4410

Broke out these bad boys yesterday.

Time to start clearing out my Jordan doubles and replacing them with SB grails.
Happy Easter SB fam!

Last edited:
Happy easter for those who celebrate.

Have a little bit of info on the send help 2

They will range from size 4-12, 13,14, 15

So i guess good news for the size 13 guys
When are they dropping? I wasn't too big on the first Send Helps, but I just googled the new ones, and they are NASTY.

EDIT: Just checked out @Sneakerfan1 s pics and I gotta admit, those things look dope in that pic

Last edited:
I always told myself that if/when Nike SB starts to retro the 1st-4th series of stuff, I would be done with them permanently.

Now that I look at it, I wouldn't mind getting some stuff back if they did. Would I feel remorse dropping a bunch of money on older stuff? Sure I would. But then I look at myself as a person who loves sneakers and especially this line and I would be a fool to just boycott them for that. You best damn believe I would be copping two or three pairs of retro Supas, Forbes, Ginos and anything they threw my way. I would know better not to sell those ever again. :D

Good topic guys! Looking forward to the Concords next month!

I got a question for you guys in this thread; Did the majority of you guys skate when you were younger? Personally, the extent of my skating would be kicking it with my boys back in the day while a lot of them skated. Just from being around those guys, I got familiar with skating. That was around '97...  I became really good friends with this kid who was into Wu-Tang and hip hop as much as I was, and he skated heavy, as well as a lot of other kids he was friends with, which I became friends with after kicking it with him. Not all of my best friends skated, but a lot of them did. That was around the time, at least in my area, that hip-hop and skating really started to intertwine with each other... I remember they were putting out Wu-Tang decks and tees that were collabs with different skaters, which I thought was so dope (Wu-Tang was the first rappers/rap group to really fully embrace the skate community, if I'm not mistaken... BIG one, at least.). I got into the culture from being around it so much, which led to me getting into the clothes, which really weren't much different than what the "hip-hop" kids were rocking, So from that, I've always been fascinated with and a fan of skating. Plus, after trying to ride a board a few times, you have a new-found respect for the great skateboarders. 

Personally, I don't think it makes a difference whether you skate or not. It used to be you were a "poser" if you rocked stuff that was skate oriented and didn't skate (I got a pass since my homies did... we all shared clothes and kicks so much back then, it was natural for me to rock a skate brand's shirt sometimes, a lot of times smaller brands - Buddha and Guerilla Tactics were two dope brands that come to mind...), but now, that's not the case anymore, because there IS no skate style, really. I've seen so many skaters rocking Js (which is foolish to me, unless you got a lot of bread and don't care about effing ur kicks up) and hip-hop kids rocking SBs (yeah, I know "hip-hop kids" sounds like I'm stereotyping, but I'm just using it for lack of a better word - y'all know what I'm talking about), and it's the same with clothes too. Let me know if u guys skated or not and what you think about this. Does it matter or no? Peace

Last edited:
Happy Easter!

on feet.

civickid96 repp'd for the HEAT check.
I totally agree with you about the retro thing, but knowing me....i'm copping everything. :lol:

John00 is the KRS-1 of this thread. Continue to drop that science, sun...

i assumed that some of the Account rules had changed after the brands popularity decline.

Since then, shops have been popping up all over my area (6 - 8 )

i'm not as pissed when i see overcharging now, because I remember what it was.

Dunk Low

"Suggested Retail Price" $65 :D
Shops Retail Price $150 :x

Last edited:
WOW. I leave for a holiday weekend beach trip and the thread jumps 5 pages. SO MUCH REPPIN! I enjoyed everyone's pics and handed out a ton of rep. Also, John00, dropping a lot of knowledge about SB accounts. Some of that stuff I knew (buy back program etc), but some I did not. So thank you again, sir. 

Happened upon the Nike outlet in Myrtle Beach and not one SB in the place. I know that's not unusual, but I kind of was hoping to get lucky!

I missed a few reps of some people because I ran out. I'll get y'all on the boomerang.

Also missed out on eBay on some Derbys for a good price. The hunt continues.

Anybody in here check out the Denver Dunk Xchange? A friend of mine went and said it was mostly other stuff, and the SB Dunks they did have were mostly the newer stuff, and all over-retail ($250 for some "When Pigs Fly"... SMFH... he didn't check if they were the Concepts version, but I'm guessing they weren't. even if they were, I wouldn't want to pay that much for 'em, just for the box and gold piggie lacelock things... I'd much rather pay $150 or so for the QS version...). I've never been to one of those sneaker conventions, so I didn't know what to expect, but judging by his experience, I'm glad I didn't waste $20 on a ticket (or however much it cost)...

^^ The number one complaint I've ever hear from people who attend DuunkXchange is the Flight Club style pricing. :lol:

I may make my way out one day though.

Back
Top Bottom