2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Maybe we should just start quoting this thing every page since most of the people who come in here asking about concords cant be bothered to actually LOOK THROUGH THE THREAD AT ALL OR DO ANY OF THEIR OWN RESEARCH..... AKA ....PUT IN JUST A TINY BIT OF WORK.

I made a change to the price part... as I believe retail on these is 85$ and before it said 98$.

Thanks again to thealumnus for writing it up.

Yerp. I've held a couple boxes in hand and the MSRP is $85 but, like most have said, this is basically just a starting point for what shops will charge.

The SB msrp couple years back was $65-70, wasn't it? Been out of SB so long that now its up to $85??

Will be passing on the Concord SB that icy sole and white upper too much responsibility lol but saw these on IG

You know, initially, it's easy to think "well, it's a little before their time"...

But maaaaaad music that I'm into was WELL "before my time". If you love good music, you love good music, bottom line, and you're gonna search out that classic material. When I hear something dope, I want to hear the thing that influenced them, and then the thing that influenced them, ya know? But I've always been a student of music, literally. When kids were doing their homework, I was studying Wu-Tang, then the Beatles, then Hendrix, then Nas, then Hov, then Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Elliott Smith, Marvin Gaye, The Roots, and the studying never ends. That's kind of a problem for me; when I'm into something, I immerse myself in it. It kinda sucks, because I have so much stuff I need to listen to. There's always dope music coming out; I'm definitely not one of those "MY music was the best..." guys... well, maybe a little bit...lol. I'm really stuck on that Black Hippy camp; have been for the past few months. Well, Jay Rock is aiight (not bad, by any stretch; haven't heard anything new from him lately, wonder if he's gotten better), but the other 3 are on that level I'm in tune with. Between Kendrick, Ab-Soul and Q, they really hit every aspect that I love about hip-hop, and do it WELL; Kendrick has that poetic, abstract style, like a young Hov and Nas mixed together, with amazing songwriting skills; Ab-Soul has that abstract flow times 10, that stuff that true fans of lyricists can appreciate, while touching on unorthodox subjects and mixing that comedy in there; Q has the gangster ish down pat, to a T - like 50 in his prime, but more lyrical. Can't say enough about those guys...

This goes for music, kicks, whatever - it just depends on what kind of person you are.

When Napster and Audio Galaxy Satellite and the early mp3 file sharing sites burst onto the scene, one of the first things I did was whip out my hip hop albums and go through the liner notes looking for all instances of "This track contains a sample of..." and downloaded all those samples I could find. I wanted to know the history of what I liked. And, of course, that only helped foster a love for Syl Johnson, Bob James, whatever. Shoes are the same way - you can either simply be a consumer or you can be part of a culture. The latter takes a passion and sense of work. I've always been the same way you claim to be. When I get into something, I binge! Moderation has never been my strongsuit - to both my benefit and detriment at times. Some things proved to be fads, where you are super immersed for a bit, but then you pull out. Some things you love, but you have a binge relationship with - for a long time, I didn't listen to "This American Life" regularly, but like once every two months, I'd dig into the archives and listen to like 9 episodes in 2 days. (Yeah, that's right - we're talking NPR on NT!) But, sneakers, music, and sports are the leisure pursuits that have managed to keep me at obsessive levels and do so as a constant for decades. I wouldn't say there's no good music now, it's just that that the ratio is lower and as you grow older, you have less time to devote to the search. So, sometimes, I feel as if the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

This goes for music, kicks, whatever - it just depends on what kind of person you are.

When Napster and Audio Galaxy Satellite and the early mp3 file sharing sites burst onto the scene, one of the first things I did was whip out my hip hop albums and go through the liner notes looking for all instances of "This track contains a sample of..." and downloaded all those samples I could find. I wanted to know the history of what I liked. And, of course, that only helped foster a love for Syl Johnson, Bob James, whatever. Shoes are the same way - you can either simply be a consumer or you can be part of a culture. The latter takes a passion and sense of work. I've always been the same way you claim to be. When I get into something, I binge! Moderation has never been my strongsuit - to both my benefit and detriment at times. Some things proved to be fads, where you are super immersed for a bit, but then you pull out. Some things you love, but you have a binge relationship with - for a long time, I didn't listen to "This American Life" regularly, but like once every two months, I'd dig into the archives and listen to like 9 episodes in 2 days. (Yeah, that's right - we're talking NPR on NT!) But, sneakers, music, and sports are the leisure pursuits that have managed to keep me at obsessive levels and do so as a constant for decades. I wouldn't say there's no good music now, it's just that that the ratio is lower and as you grow older, you have less time to devote to the search. So, sometimes, I feel as if the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
You know, initially, it's easy to think "well, it's a little before their time"...

But maaaaaad music that I'm into was WELL "before my time". If you love good music, you love good music, bottom line, and you're gonna search out that classic material. When I hear something dope, I want to hear the thing that influenced them, and then the thing that influenced them, ya know? But I've always been a student of music, literally. When kids were doing their homework, I was studying Wu-Tang, then the Beatles, then Hendrix, then Nas, then Hov, then Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Elliott Smith, Marvin Gaye, The Roots, and the studying never ends. That's kind of a problem for me; when I'm into something, I immerse myself in it. It kinda sucks, because I have so much stuff I need to listen to. There's always dope music coming out; I'm definitely not one of those "MY music was the best..." guys... well, maybe a little bit...lol. I'm really stuck on that Black Hippy camp; have been for the past few months. Well, Jay Rock is aiight (not bad, by any stretch; haven't heard anything new from him lately, wonder if he's gotten better), but the other 3 are on that level I'm in tune with. Between Kendrick, Ab-Soul and Q, they really hit every aspect that I love about hip-hop, and do it WELL; Kendrick has that poetic, abstract style, like a young Hov and Nas mixed together, with amazing songwriting skills; Ab-Soul has that abstract flow times 10, that stuff that true fans of lyricists can appreciate, while touching on unorthodox subjects and mixing that comedy in there; Q has the gangster ish down pat, to a T - like 50 in his prime, but more lyrical. Can't say enough about those guys... 
If these post could get repped any harder I'd break NT. I'm only 20 but I'll listen to everything from Gregorian Chants (don't mind me conservatory trained) to Rap and I think that's a lot of people's problem these days, they only listen to one genre or what's "hot". Artist get on a track and go "money money money, weed," and everyone thinks it's a classic. If people really appreciated where things came from such as music samples eyes would be opened. Both of you guys get the dropping knowledge gif 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
If these post could get repped any harder I'd break NT. I'm only 20 but I'll listen to everything from Gregorian Chants (don't mind me conservatory trained) to Rap and I think that's a lot of people's problem these days, they only listen to one genre or what's "hot". Artist get on a track and go "money money money, weed," and everyone thinks it's a classic. If people really appreciated where things came from such as music samples eyes would be opened. Both of you guys get the dropping knowledge gif 
laugh.gif
I'm In The Same Boat. I'm 17 But I Listen To Everything From Sara Bareilles & Anita Baker To RZA, Vinnie Paz & Young Buck. 

"Trouble follows behind a wicked mind, 20/20 Vision Of The Prism Of Light But Still Blind"

Can explain how much i regret not getting the BHM bruins when all you guys posted pics and sales.... About to pull the trigger now. saw them for 65, pretty decent?

Yoooooo! Now I Heard it all, Jordan box? C'mon fellas. Can't wait to get back to regularly scheduled program.

Is it almost 4-21 yet lol. Found out that zumiez won't carry anymore dunks so.I'm left with one shop.:/ or online but I like to cop my kicks in person and avoid the wait ...

Back
Top Bottom