2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Alright, I'm gonna put some thought into this one and then, as promised, I will not post about the subject again.  Bear with me, I'll start from the beginning, but as briefly as possible.

I joined NT for THIS thread and have only posted in THIS thread(So its my only reference).  Won't go into my own 'sneaker situation' or why SB's(trying to be concise).  Like all of us, I saw the help(@John00), wanted to contribute and started to do so the best that I could(I don't have a local).  Buying exclusively online, I browse often and started to post sales and links to ebay.  Quickly was told no ebay links(even though I'd seen them before).  That was quickly clarified, adjusting to no live links, which was the general consensus and the thread rolled on.  There have been numerous random posts containing live links since that time, all were quickly commented on by one member or another.  Never causing an issue.

Recently, the 'mentioning' debate has started and everyone obviously knows where I stand.  I realize the thought behind the rule is to protect against spam and self promotion, but as @DanVSMan has pointed out, it has the added benefit of keeping live auctions out of the 'spotlight'.  I enjoy this aspect of the rule and I think it keeps the essence of the auction in tact.  I thought it telling that another member mentioned the feeling of gratitude that his auction was kept low and under the radar today.  I also felt this way last week winning Koston lows(size 12 worn once)for $51 on Ebay.  My honest feeling is that, if allowed, the 'steals' would be harder to come by.  If I wasn't after that pair, how many heads in here would have at least thought about bidding if I had posted about it with 20-30 mins left?  I'm guessing more than a few(+lurkers).  Who would want to lose that aspect of Ebay?  Isn't that the beauty of the steal?  It's not like kicksdeals and sneakersteal are out there scoping 'under the radar' ebay listings, waiting to send those out to the masses?  How many times has a member posted a screen shot of a winning ebay page and you've said to yourself, "How the F*** did they get those for that price?!?".  I know I have.  End rant.(Hoping my point isn't lost)

Lastly, word back from the mighty meth.  For full transparency, I will copy and paste his entire response and comment after:

I did my best to explain my point to him, but in all honesty, I don't think it was made.  Fakes and spam are clearly not an issue here, and we all do a great job helping each other out.  I do the best I can with my Ebay links(not as much online retailers anymore), and I hope some people have benefited from it.  

So in closing, I will gracefully bow in defeat, but I don't look forward to the future.  If we go off of this message from meth, then live links ARE allowed and I'm done posting about it.  I was tempted to message him back and try to explain my point.  If I'm honest with myself, I do think there should be a rule in place to preserve the live auctions but it's late, I'm tired,
smokin.gif
, and ready to pass out.  If more members feel like I do I might try to explain my point to meth, but for now I'll let @DanVSMan post some silly gif proclaiming victory...
It's not at all about victory. You DID explain your point, it WAS made, but Meth simply explained to you what I told you to a T. When I said it, you refused to listen and made a big stink, halting all Dunk conversation. It was selfish and ignorant for you to come back days later, @ me because of one example where people enjoyed the fact that their eBay listing didn't get blown up, all because you wanted to make your point. Like I said earlier, if you want the rule changed, then go make a petition and get it changed, I have no issue with that. But don't come in here crusading and trying to put me down when you are the one who is wrong. As Meth said, NT is about helping, which I've always considered myself to be doing when I led people to auctions that they might have a chance at winning. In the end, it's two different perspectives. I just hope you actually stop talking about it this time. If you don't like the rules, you don't have to use NT, but don't ruin it for the rest of us with your multiple page long arguments because you are wrong about a rule.

Tie Dyes dont look that bad on that pic
I'd definitely scoop. I love the look. I wish we had more dunks coming out like that. As is, we haven't had anything too crazy in the past year of releases besides Hacky Sack which was a huge let down for me.

I'd definitely scoop. I love the look. I wish we had more dunks coming out like that. As is, we haven't had anything too crazy in the past year of releases besides Hacky Sack which was a huge let down for me.
agree with that.. imo nothing really that spectacular about em when they went the printed material route instead of the actual woven "Hacky Sack" 

agree with that.. imo nothing really that spectacular about em when they went the printed material route instead of the actual woven "Hacky Sack" 
That shoe would have been my JAM if it was woven like a hacky sack. Would have been even cooler if they incorporated some of the beads into the outside of the shoe, too. We all know Nike makes money regardless, so it can't even be a money issue.

And another thing, why are they going to release those all blue, but didn't drop the Cobra Commanders?
RIP Cobra Commanders :'(

I think that was a lot of people's gripe about them. They don't look bad but that hacky sack print on canvas to make it appear woven was a let down. I agree, if they were legit woven or even looked similar to flyknit they woulda been amazing

Need help.. Bought a pair Vapors off eBay, but they dont have the insoles. Any ideas on where to get a replacement? Or any good generics?

Thanks

I've ordered multiple items from CCS Skate and they do ship in larger boxes. I ordered the J Pack and they shipped in one large box . CCS is just are terrible with back ordered items ie bearings, boards, etc.. My first post but a long time lurker...

good morning all..

Welcome and Good morning.

Need help.. Bought a pair Vapors off eBay, but they dont have the insoles. Any ideas on where to get a replacement? Or any good generics?

Thanks

Assuming the vapors aren't your first SB purchase I'd say just swap in some soles from another pair when you decide to wear them. I'm not too big on aftermarket insoles even when I skate I still tend to use the standard insoles. If not I switch to adidas ones but never aftermarket. Hopefully someone here can shed some light on some good aftermarket/replacement soles. I'd start with Dr. Scholls as that's the only thing that comes to mind lol

So tempted to purchase those legion pines on premier. I didn't really like em at first but pics have started to allow them to grow on me a little. Only problem is I know I'd barely ever wear them. My clothing closet doesn't have a bunch of green or orange in it. But at $50...

$50 bucks you know you'll want a pair in a few years when you can't find them for under 150.

Goes great with khaki and cream

Last edited:
subtle white snakeskin swoosh is a win in my book. Kind of excited for this one.

So far I'm loving these..will need to see them in person tho..will go to local skate shop..

Also..I seen the uprises at the nike outlets..man these are so clean in person

RIP Cobra Commanders :'(

I think that was a lot of people's gripe about them. They don't look bad but that hacky sack print on canvas to make it appear woven was a let down. I agree, if they were legit woven or even looked similar to flyknit they woulda been amazing
Yeah, I just wish it was more true to design. Would have been way better. But it is what it is. I still gave them a chance, but ended up selling cuz I couldn't do it even though they looked cool.
So tempted to purchase those legion pines on premier. I didn't really like em at first but pics have started to allow them to grow on me a little. Only problem is I know I'd barely ever wear them. My clothing closet doesn't have a bunch of green or orange in it. But at $50...
$50 bucks you know you'll want a pair in a few years when you can't find them for under 150.

Goes great with khaki and cream
This is 100% the truth. I wish I could purchase them because I know I'll want them in a few years and prices will have inflated. It'll be one of those shoes that I say "MAAAANNNN, I remember when these were on clearance."

Last edited:
Listen to Nike and Just Do It homie lol. For $50 I figured I might as well, plus I haven't bought a pair or have even have a pair in mind to buy so I figured I was due for a new pair lol

Back
Top Bottom