2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Please!

Isn't this thread about "2014 Nike SB Dunk - GRs and QS added." ? Sure, we do WDYWT and #mailday posts... But this crap is how this thread has jumped 2300+ pages in like 9 months compared to ~500 pages in ~2yrs.

Yeah I know my post here doesn't help, but I jut wanted to throw my two cents in.

By the way... Size 12 Black Sheep full collectors pack (box included) just listed on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANNED-CANC...4710881?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3f382249e1
Only $700.00!! Jump fast before this steal of a deal goes! I might even pick it up myself, it's such a good price I don't know how I could pass it up.

Last edited:
So.... you're complaining about what has gone on for the last 2 pages (the debate about whether or not mentioning a live auction without linking it is right / ethical / against the rules) ...... and then you go ahead and break the rules by posting a live auction?!

I got the pack keeping the white laces and lace locks but I can give you an oop for the other 2 sets of laces if you want em

If he doesnt want them and you don't need them I'll gladly take them :smile:

This back and forth is crazy, you guys just chill you both have valid points.

THIS.  Refreshing to see common sense in this department.  Just gotta watch out for @DanVSMan. He has/sees no problem with doing it 
mean.gif
And neither do I. 

Im sorry but just because it MAY screw someone over on here doesnt mean I wont share a good deal and possibly also make another person's day.

Sometimes things slip through the cracks and I wish I would have been notified of such things. 

Its like the real housewives of NT in here, its ridiculous. 

Last edited:
I would LOVE to get a mod involved and finally get a definitive answer on why there is a grey area? No live links, but you can 'mention it'?  WTF is that? There are never mods in here so I don't even know who to ask.  Thought about asking John but didn't want to make it a big deal.  Since it is reoccurring, I think a definitive answer is needed (At least for me to make sense of it)

@DanVSMan
 that's ^^^^ so ignorant :smh:  

No we're not all on the same side everyone has difference of opinion but yet you come in here, incite an argument, and try to make yourself look like a crusader. The rule was not designed to stop people from blowing up someone else's spot, that is only an unrelated benefit. If you want the rule changed, go do it, but quit your soap box moaning about having no right to tell others what they can say.

Someone point me in the direction of a mod and I'll never bring it up again.  I just can't understand how this isn't common sense.  One member is thankful no one blew up the auction he won, while another wants to adamantly profess that he can blow up auctions, cause it's not 'against the rules'.  Shouldn't we all be on the same side on this one?  My head hurts... 
Disapointed-Michael-Jordan-Headshake.gif

Ask @bigj505 or @Methodical Management or @stevesteve72 maybe they can end this once and for all

I gave up on the blacksheeps, I liked em but wasn't going to pay over retail. I'm certainly not going to pay what people want. I should've jumped on them overseas though when I had the chance. On the hunt for a pair of ds yoth's now.

Last edited:
I liked em when I figured I'd I could go grab em at cncpts or another local place.

Not worth over retail for me anymore

I remember seeing better deals than this. But just incase. I saw send helps at LV nike factory outlet for 89.99.

Alright, I'm gonna put some thought into this one and then, as promised, I will not post about the subject again.  Bear with me, I'll start from the beginning, but as briefly as possible.

I joined NT for THIS thread and have only posted in THIS thread(So its my only reference).  Won't go into my own 'sneaker situation' or why SB's(trying to be concise).  Like all of us, I saw the help(@John00), wanted to contribute and started to do so the best that I could(I don't have a local).  Buying exclusively online, I browse often and started to post sales and links to ebay.  Quickly was told no ebay links(even though I'd seen them before).  That was quickly clarified, adjusting to no live links, which was the general consensus and the thread rolled on.  There have been numerous random posts containing live links since that time, all were quickly commented on by one member or another.  Never causing an issue.

Recently, the 'mentioning' debate has started and everyone obviously knows where I stand.  I realize the thought behind the rule is to protect against spam and self promotion, but as @DanVSMan has pointed out, it has the added benefit of keeping live auctions out of the 'spotlight'.  I enjoy this aspect of the rule and I think it keeps the essence of the auction in tact.  I thought it telling that another member mentioned the feeling of gratitude that his auction was kept low and under the radar today.  I also felt this way last week winning Koston lows(size 12 worn once)for $51 on Ebay.  My honest feeling is that, if allowed, the 'steals' would be harder to come by.  If I wasn't after that pair, how many heads in here would have at least thought about bidding if I had posted about it with 20-30 mins left?  I'm guessing more than a few(+lurkers).  Who would want to lose that aspect of Ebay?  Isn't that the beauty of the steal?  It's not like kicksdeals and sneakersteal are out there scoping 'under the radar' ebay listings, waiting to send those out to the masses?  How many times has a member posted a screen shot of a winning ebay page and you've said to yourself, "How the F*** did they get those for that price?!?".  I know I have.  End rant.(Hoping my point isn't lost)

Lastly, word back from the mighty meth.  For full transparency, I will copy and paste his entire response and comment after:
It's actually not explicitly stated in the forum rules that users are prohibited from posting links to live ebay auctions:  http://niketalk.com/a/rules-of-conduct

The overarching rule here, which you've correctly identified, is that we don't want spam/self-promotion within the discussion forums.  

So, that's really the one criterion we're looking for in these cases, and it cuts both ways:  users aren't allowed to post live listings if we have any reason to suspect that it's done for the purpose of self promotion/spam, and users aren't allowed to "point others in the direction" of auction listings if we have any reason to suspect that it's done out of self promotion.  

The rule was never created to give people a "leg up" on ebay auctions.  In fact, NikeTalk has value because we've established a tradition of sharing information generously.  That's what has made NikeTalk such a great resource for our fellow members and guests.  

If someone is posting a link to an authentic eBay listing simply to be helpful - and not for some ulterior motive - that's actually fine with me and it's not outlawed by our rules of conduct.  

If there's doubt, we err on the side of caution and since eBay has done a poor job combating counterfeits, we will remove listing links to protect members from spam and fakes.  Otherwise, the priority is to ensure that our members continue to make use of our forums to share useful information and help each other out.

I did my best to explain my point to him, but in all honesty, I don't think it was made.  Fakes and spam are clearly not an issue here, and we all do a great job helping each other out.  I do the best I can with my Ebay links(not as much online retailers anymore), and I hope some people have benefited from it.  

So in closing, I will gracefully bow in defeat, but I don't look forward to the future.  If we go off of this message from meth, then live links ARE allowed and I'm done posting about it.  I was tempted to message him back and try to explain my point.  If I'm honest with myself, I do think there should be a rule in place to preserve the live auctions but it's late, I'm tired,
smokin.gif
, and ready to pass out.  If more members feel like I do I might try to explain my point to meth, but for now I'll let @DanVSMan post some silly gif proclaiming victory...

@dapen. Takes a strong person to stand their ground in the face of adversity or seek clarification on something. It's not about who was right or wrong cause you and dan are @ least helping even if you two don't agree. We can walk arm and arm without seeing eye to eye. I did scoop something you posted for us all to see if that counts as a small victory for you.

Back
Top Bottom