2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Nice find.  I didn't realize the mid and back panel(the ribbed section) were perforated until watching this.  The downside of viewing on mobile...

Wow I did not notice that till reading your comment and going back to the vid.

The little things lol

Last edited:
SOMPs were a QS... maybe even HS... they were super limited and most skates didn't even see them.
Anything under size 8 was really damn unicorn too. It felt like a hyperstrike release to me.
Don't think Canada saw any. Maybe a store or two in Toronto.
None of the Toronto shops got them. I think you are correct that these did not release in Canada.

Did you manage to grab a pair of Quartersnacks from Menu?

Last edited:
I'm not the only one that finds it weird (irritating!!) that these are a GR but come in the half and half "QS" box am I? Like that **** is really bugging me haha

smile.gif

Last edited:
I'm not the only one that finds it weird (irritating!!) that these are a GR but come in the half and half "QS" box am I? Like that **** is really bugging me haha

Nike just making things more confusing for us than they already are. lol I don't think this box era will ever be figured out. That reminds me of a few years back just a bit before they began using the "cardboardfuture" box there were rumors and pics of Red boxes. I was actually looking forward to that but it never happened.

SMH. 

I live close to that shop with the size 9 SB's mentioned earlier. I remember when he first opened up shop, i stopped by just to chat and i remember him saying no one collects air max's anymore. I haven't set foot inside his shop since then.

Well there has been a huge drop in the older guys that bought the hell out of every air max since they really monkeyed around with the shape and moved the production all over the place. Although I'm a sucker and will still buy them in the OG color ways, Nike just isn't bringing me to the table with their offerings on a normal basis.

Last edited:
Did we ever get numbers on the SOMPs though? 1000 or less seems possible. It was no where near normal QS numbers.

HYPERSTRIKES USUALLY MEAN 12-24 PAIRS. I THINK THERE WERE MORE SOMPS MADE

This is why I'm hesitant to use HS on the SOMP, perhaps the definition has changed over the years but I'll always associate hyper strikes with shoes that are way too hip for me to buy, like that Aston Martin basketball pack, or the Yellow Lobsters.

the quagmires sat at my local for months...nobody in the upstate area of NY i live in was into sb's minus a handful of people. The shop did upcharge a bit but everything just sat. its a shame they closed. I skipped out on those, the jason highs and a few other gold box pairs i wish i never passed up on.

now there is nothing around beside traveling to nyc for sbs, or albany where my gf goes to school. People are always there hours to days before and i dont even bother trying.

the quagmires sat at my local for months...nobody in the upstate area of NY i live in was into sb's minus a handful of people. The shop did upcharge a bit but everything just sat. its a shame they closed. I skipped out on those, the jason highs and a few other gold box pairs i wish i never passed up on.

now there is nothing around beside traveling to nyc for sbs, or albany where my gf goes to school. People are always there hours to days before and i dont even bother trying.

I got the Quagmires in August of 2009, which was what like 8 months after they released? They were still sitting on the shelf at the shop. Pretty cool spot in Lafayette, LA that ended up closing after the owner decided he didn't want to keep running a shop/skate park and no one stepped up to keep it open.

Now it's an ice skating ring (which I've never been to, but am intrigued since outside of driving to Houston we don't get ice skating here)

does anyone else go through spurts when buying shoes like, I'm lowballing/being super cheap if i don't get it then f it and then regret it later on.  And then sometimes be like f it, if i have to overpay a little to get what i want i will and then later on see it cheaper and then regret not waiting?:lol:

It happens... Just like any other sneaker, you either hunt till you get it or you double up... Happened to me with the chronicles..

If these were a half size bigger I'd think about them... Not a bad price in my opinion... 11.5

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom