2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Obviously I missed it, but why didn't you get a pair? Resellers were out in full force? I knew you were excited about that collab.

They sold quite a bit of them to in state locals before Saturday morning. The Lafayette shop went from having 170 pairs coming in to having 11 pairs total on Saturday morning with my sizes not even an option. When I went about my day, I found out that besides the early selling they also hooked up people left and right and traded pairs. One of my favorite in state breweries traded 5 kegs for 5 pairs, not even knowing how hot the shoe was going to be.

They sold quite a bit of them to in state locals before Saturday morning. The Lafayette shop went from having 170 pairs coming in to having 11 pairs total on Saturday morning with my sizes not even an option. When I went about my day, I found out that besides the early selling they also hooked up people left and right and traded pairs. One of my favorite in state breweries traded 5 kegs for 5 pairs, not even knowing how hot the shoe was going to be.
Yeah Lafayette did some serious pre-selling. But I respect that, at the same time. Gotta hook up the regulars. Now that a collab comes out everyone says "Oh I been with them since day one" when really they just ordered a crappy GR from them one time for convenience. 

Nike has straight ruined some shoes this year with that snakeskin swoosh. It looks cheap.

On the few I've seen so far in person (black gums and mangos) it's not that bad. But most the shoes with it I'm waiting for deep discounts.

Yea I don't blame you being upset at that. You trying to support local but they do backdoor selling like that at that rate. From 170 to having only 11. I'd accept 50 pairs from 170 but 11? c'mon man! :smh:

I can see hooking up regulars, but there's not 159 regulars in the Lafayette area. I've been able to pick up stuff months later because of how few people buy dunks in the state now.

I could have cashed out and picked up a pair in a size other than my own, since I was first in line, but since that's not my style I ended up rolling out. I was pissed, but it's just sneakers so after a few beers and a heavy meal of cajun food, I was over it.

I also didn't like the mandatory purchase of the tee and socks. I may buy the extra merch you came up with for a release, but don't tell me I can't get the one thing I want without buying the other stuff.

danvsman danvsman I can't say that I've supported them too heavily over the years either, I remember shopping at their old Lafayette location, still have the hand written receipt from buying a pair of Parra Vans and Northern Lights back in 09. It's technically not even my local since I live in New Orleans and am only in Lafayette maybe 14 days out of the year from weekend trips.

Last edited:

(+) Materials
(+) Represents my State
(-) Green Midsole/Red Sole Combo
(-) Less $$ for Supreme F/W

Am I the only one that doesn't like the Cali's? I feel like people here are trying to over-hype the shoes. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept and I'm from Cali, too, but I think the end product isn't appealing. Just my opinion. 

More for us. Let Em sit and end up at sale lol

I can see hooking up regulars, but there's not 159 regulars in the Lafayette area. I've been able to pick up stuff months later because of how few people buy dunks in the state now.

I could have cashed out and picked up a pair in a size other than my own, since I was first in line, but since that's not my style I ended up rolling out. I was pissed, but it's just sneakers so after a few beers and a heavy meal of cajun food, I was over it.

I also didn't like the mandatory purchase of the tee and socks. I may buy the extra merch you came up with for a release, but don't tell me I can't get the one thing I want without buying the other stuff.
I agree with you 100%, in fact, why not let me decide if I want the extras?  More than likely I will buy them just because, but when you tell me I have to, it makes me not want to just because.  I respect the whole support your local, but when you local is shady, or only gets one size 13 even though you have gone so far as to tell them, if you have it, I will buy it, all bets are off!!!
mean.gif

Damn, wow. That's ****** up IMO. Are you looking get grab the QS or are you over it?

At this point I'm not buying out of principle, I played by the rules, didn't even badger the shop during the week on the phone, was first in line quietly reading my kindle only to be told I had no shot at my size.

Realistically I'll probably end up buying a pair of the QS down the road when there's 0 hype for the shoes.

Also the decision on if I'm buying the QS was kind of decided when I spent $275 on a M&N jersey for this season.

(and hopefully some of the money from that jersey will go to support ALS, M&N replied to my question saying they're working with the guy's foundation on something)

How much did you get these for? Been looking for a pair myself
I paid 300 for mine. If you're not in a rush, ebay's got some DS pairs for around the same price range if not cheaper. The people there at Sole Supremacy are cool, so it didn't really matter too much to me.

Last edited:

Packages starting to come in today. Ordered these Saturday from the link someone posted here, not bad for 59.99.

Don't want to derail the thread again with Mac Chat, but I also came up with a cheap solution to my problem by putting an 09 MacBook back into action, so all of my posts won't be coming from my phone.

After this weekend I think I'm over the Crawfish. If I pick them up, it'll be a year or two down the line when I've forgotten about the salty flavor I was left with this past weekend.

Although dcypoe81 dcypoe81 might dig up the posts when I post a picture of the pickup.

would never go at someone for copping a pair of SB's

returning a pair of SB's cuz the majority of heads in a forum didn't like them...thats different :lol:

Last edited:
I been into then for some years now I know how it goes
Yea it is and getting them will be better
It's so many SB's I want
Dooms
Voorhees
720's
Skate or die
Dela high
Old spice
Santanas
Marge
Homer
Chun li's
Hulks the list can go on and on

With the tiffany high release I gave me hope Nike might actually start retro'n SB's I hope they do some day

Does anyone know any shops that carry SB's in ATL?
I definitely recommend copping some old spices, I have a pair and the suede is stupid quality

I should be golden, I don't think I've ever made a return on a purchase because other people didn't like. The last pair of shoes I remember returning were the White/Red AJ12 in 09, and that's only because I felt that spending that much money on myself before Christmas was selfish.

Back
Top Bottom