2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Its really a 50/50 coin flip IMO. I think laces of just about any color could work. Most people aren't gonna notice the concord on the tag/sole anyways. I thought about taking the laces of my 11s and trying em out.. just too lazy lol.

Any chance you can take comparison pics in other angles and on feet?

Its really a 50/50 coin flip IMO. I think laces of just about any color could work. Most people aren't gonna notice the concord on the tag/sole anyways. I thought about taking the laces of my 11s and trying em out.. just too lazy lol.

Any chance you can take comparison pics in other angles and on feet?
Damn should have done that while I was lacing them, just finished and threw them on. Here is how they are on feet, can always take more pics.

imo I like the bunny ear look on sb's...for ex.
but hey that's just me...

I just dont like how laces look tied up. So i get a tighter size that i dont have to lace up. If there is extra lace i tie it in a knot (like many factory laced shoes)

Waaaaay better with stock white SB laces, imo (Pardon the half-unfocused pic; just wanted to throw it up real quick - I just happened to be relacing my joints when I noticed y'all talking about it. Sorry if someone already posted a pic with the stock joints in there).

Last edited:
Jordan - Sorry for your loss, man.

IMO,  When I walk into the shoe store, acknowledge the fact that you are aware that I am in the store with a greeting.  In that greeting, ask if I am looking for anything in particular.  Once I reply, I'm just looking, leave it at that.  If I need any further assistance, I make it a point to find the person that greeted me when I find what I am looking for, if that greeting went as previously stated!  If not, I find someone else or, if the greeting went horribly left, i.e., eyeballing me or following me around, I bebop my happy *** and my money to another location!!!

That's the best way to play it, IMO. Leave it up to the customer to set the level of interaction. I don't like being hawked, but I certainly don't mind/snap at being greeted and the employee saying, "if you need something, let me know." If the customer wants you to be highly engaged, they'll communicate that to you.

Someone asking where did you get your kicks/shirt/etc = paying you a compliment imo

In general, yes. But, not always. In the case I mentioned, I'm wearing a vintage sweater that's 20+ years old. It's known and appreciated by a niche community. If you know what it is - you know enough to know it's idiotic to ask where to get it. ...Again, it said '92 on the damn front of the sweater.

So, either this dude is some new dude who claims to like Polo, but knows so little about this brand he loves that he doesn't keep up with either the new or old lines, such that he thinks a 20 year-old sweater might be for sale at Macys. Or, dude doesn't care at all, and just basically says something like that to every person who comes in, in which case however flattering it may be, it's not genuine anyway.

If a compliment is ignorant, it's not appreciated. ...There are dudes who actually think, "Nice *******" is a compliment, ya know.

Really good sales people will always be nice to speak with. Generally, you don't find extremely talented or knowledgeable sales associates unless there is a commission structure in place. And that also is a make or break for sales people... Some do it for the money and some do it for the love/passion. Most of your generic places pay hourly, require no experience, and don't have a specific training program in place so you get service that is sub-par and sales associates that don't know how to properly communicate. Many just mimic what the sales manager or other associates say and really don't care if you buy anything or not. A sales associate that is skilled in communication, knowledgeable, and does it for the love of whatever they sell is a rare find and if you come across someone with these qualities, stay loyal!

Someone asking where did you get your kicks/shirt/etc = paying you a compliment imo
That's true. But just because someone is complimenting you doesn't mean that it can't be annoying. It's just certain things that can kind of be irritating at times. And something like some Space Jam XIs, it's just a bit silly. Those shoes came out 4 years ago, know what I'm saying?

Very well said., Clint.

I do consider myself realistic. I consider the establishment and the presumed salary of an employee when setting my expectations. I don't assume an employee at any sort of big box store has any knowledge beyond that which is needed to do his job at the minimally acceptable level of competence, nor do I think he/she should. There's a great section in the somewhat famous book, "Nickle and Dimed" by Barbara Ehrenreich, where she works at a WalMart type store and quickly learns that there are actually disincentives to be anything more than mediocre at a job like that.

If you are in a place that portrays itself as a more sophisticated establishment - and especially if they charge above retail for items - I expect a different level of service. ...If you're asking me for more than what I'd pay someplace else, you have to be offering something about the consumer experience that is better.

I've said this a million times though, sneaker store employees HATE "sneakerheads" ...And, with very good reason. Most shoe stores wish "sneakerheads" didn't even exist. For the most part, they gobble up the stuff that would sell out anyway. They force the place to have to open early/hold raffles/deal with campers.. for hot releases, which is all really just more labor and headache to sell a product out in 15 minutes that would just sell out in a week anyway with no added stress/effort whatsoever. They act holier than thou. They send employees back to the stock room, examining 10 pairs before picking the perfect one, like the lady shopping for eggs in that scene in Clerks. And, they know every trick in the book to get discounts, maximize sales, etc.

Last edited:
Nice to see a bunch of people rocking their Concords...

No photo for me today fellas, I rocked some Jordans. 

Off Deck question but why tf does flight club sell their s*%# for so high when places literally down the street or the next block over have some of the same shoes priced way more reasonable ? I mean I love the fact tht they have a nice selection but damn it's not like the shoes are coming with a personal spit shiner even tho you'd think tht if you saw how much they jack their prices up . For example rif la is so much better and seems like barely anyone speaks on rif .

Last edited:
Off Deck question but why tf does flight club sell their s*%# for so high when places literally down the street or the next block over have some of the same shoes priced way more reasonable ? I mean I love the fact tht they have a nice selection but damn it's not like the shoes are coming with a personal spit shiner even tho you'd think tht if you saw how much they jack their prices up . For example rif la is so much better and seems like barely anyone speaks on rif .
It's a consignment shop and has to make money some how.

Last edited:

You just kinda answered your own question.

Flight Club ( whether or not anyone cares to admit it) is a staple in the community. Has been around, is going to be around and there isn't much anyone can do about it.

Flight Club is a household name in this community and Rif isn't anywhere near that. I see you're from LA and that's probably the main reason you know about Rif but a lot of people outside the area and out of state don't........ but I bet if you mentioned Flight Club they would.

Also Flight Club has the bigger Celebrity Clientele. Rif. gets that new artist money while flight club is getting people who actually have careers in certain industries buying out most of the stock.

Back
Top Bottom