2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

There's a homeless guy on State St in Chicago who always wears Obsidian Jordan XII's. I'm not sure how he got him, but he's very nice and seems to mean well. I guess that's at least one example of what you said.
I've seen several down-on-their-luck fellows in downtown Denver wearing beat up Js. You know what would be great? Since members of this thread are always posting crazy prices on kicks, we should get something together for the SB thread, where we give a pair of SBs away to homeless guys during the Holidays. That way, we can put our deal-finding skills to good use, instead of, say, donating money to some charity. I've seen plenty of crazy deals on here, and if each of us is willing to spend $40 or so to help a homeless guy, we could do some serious good. Going with a GR SB release is much better than, say, some Retro Jordans, for a couple reasons; they'd be less likely to be able to sell a pair of SBs on the street and they'll probably last longer than some Retro Js. Obviously, I haven't thought this out much, but I think it'd be a cool idea. Give a pair to a homeless guy, take a pic, and maybe we can make a collage for the site or put it on a NT SB "2013 Holiday" tee. If any thread were gonna do it, I imagine this would be it. Just a thought...

been finding STEALS lately... in the last week I spent $250 and got the following used shoes...
- 99 goldenrods
- de la lows
- sb hunters
- kicks/hi dunks

smokin.gif
Great deals...

Photos??

Never happen to me but i see that all the time, thats messed up bro if your not satisfied with what you bought get your money back, right away

That's the number one reason why I've never copped used shoes.

I buy used shoes all the time.

I always expect them to be a little more worn than advertised ( y'all know the Big Mac don't look the same in person as it does on TV).

Usually all the used shoes I buy are some serious deals so i don't really feel the need to open a case or complain. If it had some serious damage then that would be a different story... If it's just excess dirt that I can take care of myself with a real deep thorough cleaning, I'm good.

Yup.

A few points.

1. There's a difference between being dirty and worn. I expect when I buy a lightly used pair, I'm going to have to clean them. I don't even really judge the shoe until I do. The fact that the person selling them was too lazy to clean them is part of the reason you are getting a deal. Dirt is fine - some soap, water, and elbow grease and you're good money. Something being worn excessively... that's more of an issue.

2. As Uncut Raw said, buyer beware. Request pics. Ask questions. ...Are the shoes stuffed in that pic? Etc. There are some sellers who are notorious for taking junk and pulling out all the photo shoot tricks to dress up beat shoes as nearly new. ...I forget the #1 offenders ebay name, it's something with "heat" in it - surprise, surprise. But, it's on you to ask for the information you need to make an informed decision. Don't pay any weight to a term like "VNDS." A shoe only exists in two states - new and used. Give me objective language and show me pics.

3. I'm with B20. I take chances. I love cheap auctions with used shoes or bad pics, etc. Sometimes, you are going to strike out. But, other times you are going to get your greatest come-ups. The big wins are more than enough to compensate for the small losses.

The age old question; is it good to give a homeless guy something that they might turn around and use for nefarious purposes?

I've struggled with this question a few times. While it's possible that that homeless person might just take those shoes and trade them for a $50 rock, it's just as likely that they will cherish those shoes and wear them until they fall apart (which might only be a year or two with today's Retro Js, but still...). I've come to the realization that it's better to give than not. Not every homeless guy, regardless of how they look, is a crackhead/alcoholic.

I agree. And, I'll go one step further - once you give something away, it is not yours anymore. If I give a homeless man a couple of bucks and he chooses to use it to buy drugs or alcohol, that's his choice and he's still free to make that choice. If he'd rather have a beer than a burger, that's on him. I'm sure my employer would rather I buy a salad than a hero, a case of coconut water instead of a bottle of scotch, etc., but they don't get to make that choice for me. When you give something away, you are making a donation, not purchasing another human's autonomy.

I've seen several down-on-their-luck fellows in downtown Denver wearing beat up Js. You know what would be great? Since members of this thread are always posting crazy prices on kicks, we should get something together for the SB thread, where we give a pair of SBs away to homeless guys during the Holidays. That way, we can put our deal-finding skills to good use, instead of, say, donating money to some charity. I've seen plenty of crazy deals on here, and if each of us is willing to spend $40 or so to help a homeless guy, we could do some serious good. Going with a GR SB release is much better than, say, some Retro Jordans, for a couple reasons; they'd be less likely to be able to sell a pair of SBs on the street and they'll probably last longer than some Retro Js. Obviously, I haven't thought this out much, but I think it'd be a cool idea. Give a pair to a homeless guy, take a pic, and maybe we can make a collage for the site or put it on a NT SB "2013 Holiday" tee. If any thread were gonna do it, I imagine this would be it. Just a thought...

I'd be down. The question is what is the most efficient way to give - it's function over form, so we might even want to do something cheaper than GR SB Dunks, or something designed for the elements.

I give stuff away every year to clothing drives and programs to feed and clothe the homeless. It's really a very small sacrifice for a "sneakerhead."

Last edited:
FYI - to Crystal Method and other who asked me about the G-Bo tapes and blends and stuff. Expect a new link posted tomorrow.

Price check on black Might Crown Dunk highs? They are in 9/10 cond., have og box and the gold lace thing. Seller is asking $120 local pick up. Can post pics after work.

Shoes though? I'm sure he rather have $40 worth of food and some beat up pro wings lol

Maybe. But, a donation is a choice that somebody makes to give to another. It may not always be the most efficient choice, but the giver likes to express him/herself in that transaction too. If you're just going to randomly help out a homeless person, sure, you're best off to slide that person straight cash or food, or whatever. But, if you are suggesting a concerted effort among NTers from a specific thread, it makes sense that such an effort would have a sneaker theme. ...It's not a zero-sum game either, giving somebody some new, warm shoes doesn't preclude you from also giving that person cash, food, or anything else.

THAT SAID, I would think that it might be better to buy something else as the donation, but also give a pair from your personal collection.

Speaking of the homeless, I remember pulling up a light, and rolling down my widow to give the guy two bucks. I'm smoking a jay and he comments on how good it smells. So I ended up giving up the rest of the joint, half left. It was some super lemon haze so I'm sure homeless guy got high as **** lol :smokin

I just hope he spent that $2 on a burger or something once the munches kicked in. :tongue:

Hope you didn't take that serious. Making fun of Quan's tweet 
laugh.gif
.  Anyways, anyone on the verge of those pink&brown Highs needs to get them. They look amazing on feet but the ankle padding is weird.

While we're on the topic of used kicks, bought these joints last week for $75 shipped. For a 5-year-old shoe, and considering the material of the uppers (a very buttery suede/nubuck), I was pleasantly surprised with the condition of the shoes. I cleaned up the mid and outsoles with a Magic Eraser and Jason Markk cleaner, respectively. Can't say enough about both of those cleaning products. If u can't get stains out with one or the other, it's probably not coming out... After the cleaning, I brushed those bad boys like a prize horse with a Jason Markk suede brush (if u can't tell, I like Jason Markk's cleaning products...)

OCD right here too, can't do used kicks...sucks cuz I've missed out on some bargains cuz of it

Last edited:
Yup.

A few points.

1. There's a difference between being dirty and worn. I expect when I buy a lightly used pair, I'm going to have to clean them. I don't even really judge the shoe until I do. The fact that the person selling them was too lazy to clean them is part of the reason you are getting a deal. Dirt is fine - some soap, water, and elbow grease and you're good money. Something being worn excessively... that's more of an issue.

2. As Uncut Raw said, buyer beware. Request pics. Ask questions. ...Are the shoes stuffed in that pic? Etc. There are some sellers who are notorious for taking junk and pulling out all the photo shoot tricks to dress up beat shoes as nearly new. ...I forget the #1 offenders ebay name, it's something with "heat" in it - surprise, surprise. But, it's on you to ask for the information you need to make an informed decision. Don't pay any weight to a term like "VNDS." A shoe only exists in two states - new and used. Give me objective language and show me pics.

3. I'm with B20. I take chances. I love cheap auctions with used shoes or bad pics, etc. Sometimes, you are going to strike out. But, other times you are going to get your greatest come-ups. The big wins are more than enough to compensate for the small losses.
I agree. And, I'll go one step further - once you give something away, it is not yours anymore. If I give a homeless man a couple of bucks and he chooses to use it to buy drugs or alcohol, that's his choice and he's still free to make that choice. If he'd rather have a beer than a burger, that's on him. I'm sure my employer would rather I buy a salad than a hero, a case of coconut water instead of a bottle of scotch, etc., but they don't get to make that choice for me. When you give something away, you are making a donation, not purchasing another human's autonomy.
Much knowledge dropped in this post. Dirt is never something that deters me in a purchase. You just have to be able to know what is going to come off after a cleaning or two, or something that won't ever wash off. Asking about the stuffed toe-boxes is something I've learned to do the hard way (after buying some used SBs, actually). It's something u should always do, because people often do that (whether on purpose or not). And please, for the love of God, don't just ask "are these good, in your opinion?". What do you expect them to say? As stated, ask specifics. And let them know that if there's anything wrong with the shoe that the seller hasn't divulged, you're going to want a refund. Don't be scurred, guys... Going for something other than SB Dunks would be cool. Especially depending on the area you stay in; I live right outside of Denver, so something that can stand up to the elements would be much more useful than a regular pair of Dunks. I just used the SB Dunk as an example, but I think it would be best if each person uses their own discretion. There are a lot of details that need to be discussed, but if we can figure it out in the next month or so, I really think we can do some good work here. I haven't been able to do anything charitable, as far as giving stuff out, in a long time, due to being broke,strung out, and barely being able to take care of myself, but now that I'm doing a little better, I feel strongly that I need to do something to give back. As corny as it sounds, helping others is the true path to happiness; anyone who has helped someone out that was in need can attest to this. And shoes are something that everyone needs, regardless of location, age, living situation, etc. So let's do it, guys! Of course, you should never give for the sake of recognition; however, I think doing it this way would be a cool thing for NT SB, and would encourage others to give - give a pair away, get your pic on the NTSB Holiday T-Shirt. We obviously don't need to do a t-shirt, just a thought. Some people might not even want to be put out there as having given, which is totally understandable (it goes with the "not wanting to give for the sake of recognition" thing); however, I think we should all put that aside for this, as we can all be sure that most, if not all of us aren't the kind of people that would do this for that reason alone. It's just a little perk for being a part of this, and a way to memorialize this event, which hopefully could become an annual thing. How great would that be?

The main reasons I haven't gone back and gotten some older pairs is I don't want to pay for any used shoe, or the price is ridiculous. I can't do used/worn shoes.. no sir.

OCD right here too, can't do used kicks...sucks cuz I've missed out on some bargains cuz of it

I know the feeling. So many steals have passed me by. I'd rather wait for a DS pair to pop up and pay more. I don't have to have them all, I barely get to rock the pairs I already own.

THAT SAID, I would think that it might be better to buy something else as the donation, but also give a pair from your personal collection.
What do u have in mind for the donation? A pair from the personal collection is as good as buying a pair, for sure. As long as the kicks are new/vvvnds, I think it's all the same, whether pre-owned or purchased.
Price check on black Might Crown Dunk highs? They are in 9/10 cond., have og box and the gold lace thing. Seller is asking $120 local pick up. Can post pics after work.
I had posted about those a month or so ago. Very dope shoe. I think you could probably find 'em new for a little extra. If they're really 9/10, I think $120 is fair.
Shoes though? I'm sure he rather have $40 worth of food and some beat up pro wings lol
Think about that idea for a second. The whole idea is to give them something that they can use for a long time and won't likely sell for drugs/alcohol. Plus, unless you are talking a gift card, it's not like they can put that food in their cart and be on their merry way. Space in their cart is at a premium (if they even have a cart), so I doubt they'd want to roll around with a bunch of food. I'm gonna stop there, because this could go on forever...

Back
Top Bottom