2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

What's good with folks spending 2-3x over retail for some well worn shoes?

Is it just to say you once owned (insert any highly sought after SB)?

My thoughts exactly man.
I don't like buying worn kicks period, but make an exceptions for something I can't find DS for a decent price or if it's worn once and in GREAT condition.

Bruh, why would you think I'm referring to those immaculate looking Heinekens? I'm talking about the curled up Tiff's and other used postings.

That's my bad fam. Just bad timing. I agree then. Like rif had some trashed supremes with holes in em and all and someone still dropped 400

:smh: flagrant.

How a shoe can appreciate in value despite looking like it was found in a dumpster baffles me
Like if you want a pair to skate in and you score a pair of beat heat for fifty bucks that's fine but don't try to stunt in a gone pair of kicks

Can you explain why you feel comfortable offering $300 for em?

a)I've never seen Tiffs lower than a 7.... didn't even know they existed in that size. I've seen size 7s on ebay go for around 3 and they were in better condition, that's why I said 250-3 bills. Gotta take size into consideration, ESPECIALLY with SBs. Jordans and Lebrons can be cheaper the smaller you go, but SBs are the exact opposite. Whatever the going rate for men's you usually gotta add like anywhere from an additional 50- 100 for smaller sizes. 3 bills doesn't strike me as a crazy amount---offering up 7 bills. THAT'S a crazy amount (IMO)

and just to be clear, I didn't offer anything :lol: :lol: :lol: I clearly stated if I WERE GOING TO OFFER, I'd do no more than 3 bills. I've been noticing this dude posts a lot of SBs in this group I'm in---I'm sure they'll be available down the line if I decided to seriously pursue. I don't need 'em or want 'em, but I was def intrigued.

Last edited:
Won an auction for some well worn tiff lows (heel on the outsole worn down into the midsole) for 200. But thats only because im confident in my restoration abilities. The seller backed out at the last minute.

Won an auction for some well worn tiff lows (heel on the outsole worn down into the midsole) for 200. But thats only because im confident in my restoration abilities. The seller backed out at the last minute.

def post pics when u are done! I wish I had the patience to restore---that's how you come up on licks.

Man i feel bad! :frown:

Local just send me a message saying they received their Cali's today if I want a pair?

I ordered from NDC this weekend. Sorry local. :frown:

I'm a longtime lurker and only recently created an account, but I had to reply because gatorbeltsnpattiemelts gatorbeltsnpattiemelts was so on point with her post on the Tiffs. I've been collecting SB's for about 9 years (started in college), and I wear a size 4/4.5 (I'm a woman).

The struggle is so real for a collector of smaller sized SB's - I've paid some ridiculous reseller prices over the years just to have a size 4 in a shoe that is readily available for guys that wear a size 9-11 (Tiff Highs, YOTH, Skunks,etc). Resellers are starting to notice that smaller sized SB's are way more rare and there are collectors out there that are willing to pay for size 6 and under sneakers.

I mean just this past weekend with the Cali Hi release - I struck out at Premier (which was the only online legit SB retailer with a size 4-4.5 available). I did my research, stalked instagram accounts of skateshops in different states (I live in Queens, NY), and I still wasn't able to get my size for retail. |I Meanwhile, they sat on NDC for hours after the release in size 10-12.

I've only seen size 6 Tiffs in very good condition 3-4 times over the past 5 years or so of collecting, so I don't blame you at all for being interested. I totally get it. They don't pop up very often. As long as the shoe doesn't have heel drag, has over 60% stars, isn't creased to death, I would be into it.

My thoughts exactly man.
I don't like buying worn kicks period, but make an exceptions for something I can't find DS for a decent price or if it's worn once and in GREAT condition.

My sentiments exactly.

Back
Top Bottom