2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Makes sense @MakeSomeRice actually IS my best friend
tongue.gif
(nah he's not but he's good ppl)

But yea... As a seller who has accepted gift payments I always shake my head thinking "dang man I could keep my shoes AND keep their money right now
laugh.gif
"
Yeah, I mean when I sent you those laces I think you gifted me $3 to cover shipping costs but at least there it's only $3. Whenever people trying to pay through PayPal gifted for Yeezy's or something I just shake my head. Even for a pair of SB's it doesn't make sense. I guess if you're cool with someone being ABLE to steal your $100-200 that's fine but I cherish my money haha.

nahh when I consolidate my collection in december like I do every year, I'll prolly only accept pp gift or chase quick pay. invoice is too sketchy with cc, and I'm not trying to get hit with a 1099 right before the end of the year.

They're tired of stores undercutting them. You have to remember Nike is not only a manufacturer but a retailer as well.

THIS... was going to bring that point up.

For example, when local spots received QSs most were selling them for regular prices... A lot of people received their pairs. Then other spots got their inventory late, in order to still move THOSE pairs, some spots sold them for discount or sale to attract more sales. THEN NDC decided to put out QSs and they have probably just sat there because SB heads knew they were hitting discount at other spots. They don't want the local spots (especially ones who are "local" but really make most sales online) competing with them on their own product.

Also, I tell people all of the time, Nike as a company cares less about the "sales" and more about the brand.

They want their brand to look as if their product is top notch and doesn't need to be on sale for their merch to be moved.

OH, and got my Quartersnacks yesterday.

Quality is so good, looks even better on feet. Can't wait to break them out over the weekend.

>PayPal gift only

eyes.gif

Paypal usually sides in the buyers favor if there is a scam. Even if it is done with gift. The gift part is to protect me. But regardless, my reputation speaks for itself whenever i've sold things. Not a big deal. 
Lurking in posts like these. Nike employees are everywhere
You'd be extremely surprised. Also, they can lower the price below MSRP, just not advertise it. 

>Dumb people looking to be scammed only

Didn't realize this was @Based La Rock  but still. Only dumb people gift through PayPal unless you're best friends with the person. Every time someone has ooped me here, I add 4%. It keeps everyone in check.
You would be surprised on the amount of people i've delt with via invoice to add 4% when ive stated 'plus PP fees' and freak out over 4%

It's still kind of dumb for them to implement though, I mean would they rather sell stock that can't move at a discounted price or let it sit. It honestly makes no sense to me I don't see the benefit of saying you can't display them on sale, but you can sell them on sale. I'm starting to feel bad for the small shops with Nike accounts
It is. Nike is a retailer but when they put these skateshops under the microscope and expect them to sell a certain amount of kicks, especially with the amount of GRs, Kostons, Ect, it really puts these skateshops in a ****** position making it harder to sell their overstock or product that isn't used. It really blows. But this is where i think as a community we can help out these shops and get the word out via word of mouth when WE SEE (key word there. when WE SEE) deals. 

Paypal usually sides in the buyers favor if there is a scam. Even if it is done with gift. The gift part is to protect me. But regardless, my reputation speaks for itself whenever i've sold things. Not a big deal. 

You would be surprised on the amount of people i've delt with via invoice to add 4% when ive stated 'plus PP fees' and freak out over 4%
I know that if you're legit it's not much of an issue. And I also know that PayPal sides with the buyer in (Sometimes) the most absurd cases which sucks for the seller. I suppose there is no *best* way of doing it. In one scenario, you have the buyer at risk, and the other scenario puts the seller at risk. However, at least the PayPal + fees route has the possibility of a resolution team. The gifted means there are no strings attached, you do not have to send me shoes. And PayPal won't side with me either because I sent money as if there were no transaction to circumvent their fees. Furthermore, even if you gift a payment, you could probably just do a chargeback later... I don't know for sure, so correct me if I am wrong.

And yeah, I find it odd that anyone would gawk over 4%. If it means protecting myself, I'll pay 4% all day.

Last edited:
It's BS, especially when Nike plays games with their stock to create hype for the masses. Only to have a "restock" months later.

You call it playing games, but Nike sees it as a strategy.

Case in point, Yeezy Foams... They made TONS of pairs, it was a general release. That was stated when people caught wind of the sneaker...

Because on Nike trolled with the "NDC crash" on the drop date it caused a hype about the sneaker and they were able to sell the limited quantities that they sold AND the remaining pairs through restocks.

So many sneaker shops had "random" restocks on the sneakers including NDC.

If they just released all pairs on release date, a lot would have sat and it would have been classified as a flop.

I've seen the same issue. Its a psychological thing or something. If you just add in the 4-5% to cost and just say "105 shipped" or something like that instead of "100 shipped + paypal fees", people tend to be much happier.

I've seen the same issue. Its a psychological thing or something. If you just add in the 4-5% to cost and just say "105 shipped" or something like that instead of "100 shipped + paypal fees", people tend to be much happier.

Same principle applies when purchasing a home.

$149,900.00 is a deal.
$150,000 is a deal breaker.

It's $100. When spending that much money $100 is inconsequential.

In the case of shoes, if $5 or whatever is the deal breaker point for you then you shouldn't be spending your money on shoes anyway.

It's still kind of dumb for them to implement though, I mean would they rather sell stock that can't move at a discounted price or let it sit. It honestly makes no sense to me I don't see the benefit of saying you can't display them on sale, but you can sell them on sale. I'm starting to feel bad for the small shops with Nike accounts
They're tired of stores undercutting them. You have to remember Nike is not only a manufacturer but a retailer as well.
It's all about image. They don't want their products to be deemed as discount products. Other industries use this as well, namely electronics.

Just got my beijings today and I don't know what I think of them. I really wanted both outer mid panels to be light gray but on the other hand I kind of like it since it's not as dark as some pairs I've seen.

I, personally, love that my Beijings have different panels...my pair is unlike your pair, which I dig. But I can understand uniformity too, if that's what you're after.

I, personally, love that my Beijings have different panels...my pair is unlike your pair, which I dig. But I can understand uniformity too, if that's what you're after.

Yeah, I think they're growing on me the more I look at them in person.

THIS... was going to bring that point up.

For example, when local spots received QSs most were selling them for regular prices... A lot of people received their pairs. Then other spots got their inventory late, in order to still move THOSE pairs, some spots sold them for discount or sale to attract more sales. THEN NDC decided to put out QSs and they have probably just sat there because SB heads knew they were hitting discount at other spots. They don't want the local spots (especially ones who are "local" but really make most sales online) competing with them on their own product.

Also, I tell people all of the time, Nike as a company cares less about the "sales" and more about the brand.

They want their brand to look as if their product is top notch and doesn't need to be on sale for their merch to be moved.
easy stop selling SB dunks on NDC... hate that bot infested site for releases

I know that if you're legit it's not much of an issue. And I also know that PayPal sides with the buyer in (Sometimes) the most absurd cases which sucks for the seller. I suppose there is no *best* way of doing it. In one scenario, you have the buyer at risk, and the other scenario puts the seller at risk. However, at least the PayPal + fees route has the possibility of a resolution team. The gifted means there are no strings attached, you do not have to send me shoes. And PayPal won't side with me either because I sent money as if there were no transaction to circumvent their fees. Furthermore, even if you gift a payment, you could probably just do a chargeback later... I don't know for sure, so correct me if I am wrong.

And yeah, I find it odd that anyone would gawk over 4%. If it means protecting myself, I'll pay 4% all day.
I've seen people charge back gifted like it wasn't an issue. I'm just looking at it as a secure way on my end. But you're right though, i would most likely do invoice if people didn't spaz over the PP fees. 

Same principle applies when purchasing a home.

$149,900.00 is a deal.
$150,000 is a deal breaker.

It's $100. When spending that much money $100 is inconsequential.

In the case of shoes, if $5 or whatever is the deal breaker point for you then you shouldn't be spending your money on shoes anyway.
Nuclear, you 100% on this one bro. 

I've seen people charge back gifted like it wasn't an issue. I'm just looking at it as a secure way on my end. But you're right though, i would most likely do invoice if people didn't spaz over the PP fees. 
So it is possible then? In that case, it's not completely safer for the seller than Invoice but a little bit. 

So it is possible then? In that case, it's not completely safer for the seller than Invoice but a little bit. 

Nah, the only way someone can get their money back from a gift payment is if they call their credit card company/bank and do a chargeback but that'd be pretty dumb of them to do since it could damage their credit score.

Last edited:
Nah, the only way someone can get their money back from a gift payment is if they call their credit card company/bank and do a chargeback but that'd be pretty dumb of them to do since it could damage their credit score.
But that's what we were talking about... Chargebacks.

But that's what we were talking about... Chargebacks.

Lol for some reason I thought you could do a chargeback by just filing a claim through PayPal without having to call your credit card company. I don't know, I never sell stuff on eBay lol

Lol for some reason I thought you could do a chargeback by just filing a claim through PayPal without having to call your credit card company. I don't know, I never sell stuff on eBay lol
No. When you pay through invoice you can file a dispute/claim but it's pretty much up to PayPal (depending on the situation, of course). Whenever you do a chargeback, it has to be done through your CC company. One thing I didn't realize/think about was how it would affect your credit score. Would make sense if it dropped your score, though. In some cases it should, and in some cases (like fraud) it seems a bit punitive for something that may have been entirely outside your control.

No. When you pay through invoice you can file a dispute/claim but it's pretty much up to PayPal (depending on the situation, of course). Whenever you do a chargeback, it has to be done through your CC company. One thing I didn't realize/think about was how it would affect your credit score. Would make sense if it dropped your score, though. In some cases it should, and in some cases (like fraud) it seems a bit punitive for something that may have been entirely outside your control.

Yeah, I mean, if you're constantly making charge backs and claiming fraud, eventually your CC company will find out something's up. Although, there are people who get their PayPal accounts hacked or their credit card info stolen and the person who bought from you may constantly be using different peoples CC info.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom