2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I thought tak 2s were a gold box
They were...but my favorite for the black box probably are the Old Spice's...
Agreed to the fullest...that color blocking just doesn't do it for me
Really? I thought they were end of the Black Box but I guess it's probably one of the first gold box releases.

nice pickup but id still take SOMPs > Puff n Stuff... cant get with the colorway o& i dont puff n stuff
I know the colorway (and theme) are not for everyone but I love these things and I'm seriously blown away by the nubuck.

nice price...Repped for the nice vinyl(?) siding though.  My house is covered in stucco 
tired.gif
Dat der Cali life

#sickofvinylsiding

Originally Posted by DanVSMan  

I gotta say fellas, while all of you are clamoring over the SOMP Euphoria Nubuck, ya'll are missing out on this nubuck which is arguably softer (I've owned 3 or 4 pairs of SOMP's so I can confidently say it's at least a close race).

Puff n Stuffs are suede.. but yes, they are very buttery

Here's a side by side with gold box era "premium" nubuck vs SOMP.. not much difference TBH

photo%25203.JPG

Overall, they just don't really make SBs with quality materials like they used to. A couple here and there, but I swear 75% of these new SB releases look like something from a Nike 6.0 catalog circa 2007

Puff n Stuffs are suede.. but yes, they are very buttery

Here's a side by side with gold box era "premium" nubuck vs SOMP.. not much difference TBH

Overall, they just don't really make SBs with quality materials like they used to. A couple here and there, but I swear 75% of these new SB releases look like something from a Nike 6.0 catalog circa 2007
Some of the panels are suede but the toebox appears to be nubuck. If it isn't, it's a very short-haired suede that would not be easily discernable from nubuck. Either way, the shoes are extremely high quality and I couldn't agree with you more. Current SB's are like 6.0 part 2.0 compared to some of the older stuff.

What I never really understood is how MSRP went up but quality went down. 

Thats not usually how a market works..

What I never really understood is how MSRP went up but quality went down. 

Thats not usually how a market works..
The green initiative starting (I think) in the blue box era meant using ****tier (greener) materials, and also less materials (From the box to the shoes) which I think caused a serious drop in quality across all Nike Brands. Price goes up because market demands more product. ^ Demand = ^ Price

Baby's just came in.
Buying a sought after shoe for retail is a steal imo. (Below retail is a robbery lol.)

I did find a nasty glue stain tough but he I'll take it.

Baby's just came in.
Buying a sought after shoe for retail is a steal imo. (Below retail is a robbery lol.)

I did find a nasty glue stain tough but he I'll take it.

Grab a pencil eraser, a brush, a young and an old priest, and get to work. 

Re: Price & Quality -

Nike is a unimaginably successful business. They know how to move margins, price elasticity of demand, etc. etc.

I can think of many industries where the quality has gone down, and the price went up...yay capitalism!

Last edited by a moderator:
How do they fit though^?
Haven't tried them on yet. Just came home, food first lol.
Grab a pencil eraser, a brush, a young and an old priest, and get to work. 
I'm with you on the first 2 but the priest? Lol.
Just any eraser or do I need the magic stuff?

After holding and seeing the rope laces I decided to keep in the fat ones. The ropes look so ghetto for some reason. I imagined them smooth with gold speckles.
Might search for some fat gold laces. Anybody tried that?

Re: Price & Quality -

Nike is a unimaginably successful business. They know how to move margins, price elasticity of demand, etc. etc.
They do a lot of work to stay relevant and hyped.
I can think of many industries where the quality has gone down, and the price when up...yay capitalism!
Sadly, it's how business works. Get people hooked with top-notch product. Gain brand loyalty. **** all over your loyal cutomers for sake of making more profit than you already make.

Haven't tried them on yet. Just came home, food first lol.
I'm with you on the first 2 but the priest? Lol.
Just any eraser or do I need the magic stuff?

After holding and seeing the rope laces I decided to keep in the fat ones. The ropes look so ghetto for some reason. I imagined them smooth with gold speckles.
Might search for some fat gold laces. Anybody tried that?
Just get a regular eraser. Works best if it's a similar color to the shoes (might be tough with that red, but still). Also, I bet straight gold SB laces would be nice in those.

Back
Top Bottom