2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I mean, Am I wrong for asking? I don't think so. Sometimes I sit back chuckle and think about how many goofy clowns crossed over for n-sb. I can tell about 89% are not even from here. All the real regs know what time it is with me.

Last edited:
I mean, Am I wrong for asking? I don't think so. Sometimes I sit back chuckle and think about how many goofy clowns crossed over for n-sb. I can tell about 89% are not even from here. All the real regs know what time it is with me.
What time is it? Hopefully it's summer time

Wrong! I remember those, it was because dude lived in a high humidity area. I think it was Florida. Zip lock bags wouldn't prevent that especially if you wear them. I use to do it back in the day when I didn't know any better. I was quick to find out that zip lock bags are actually bad for your kicks just like shrink wrapping is bad too. I was just asking a question. I can careless about what "you" do with your kicks. Just asking.

Last edited:
If ppl realized that this is a specific sneaker forum not a "do whatever you want" forum maybe then it won't be as bad.

Last edited:
For foam midsoles it is bad. However for dunks it can help slow the oxidation of the midsole which causes yellowing. They're can be glue issues still but as long as the shoes are worn on occasion this will fail to be a factor.

The ziplocks could have preverted that issue with the money cats because they are designed to keep moisture out, freezer burn, the idea with them is to create the shoes own little Ecosystem.

Personally,

This whole saran wrap, zip lock bag debate...

I collect more things than just shoes and I think bagging shoes can help if certain conditions are met:

1. They need to be opened now and then for the shoes to breathe
2. The actual conditions of where the shoes are stored (temperature, humidity, fluctuation, sunlight) IS much more important.

But you know the protection bagging will do for your shoes is minimal.

These things are more important:

1. Acid free box and paper inside.
2. Temperate temperature with as little fluctuation as possible
3. low but not 0 humidity.
4. kept in the dark and out of the sunlight.

Where you live is going to be a huge factor as to how well you can preserve your shoes with minimal effort.

In any case bag if you want but don't expect miracles... but don't wrap. I can see the plastic fusing to parts of the shoe if not properly cared for over time.

Reminds me of my grandma who kept plastic on her couch

But my gram wasn't tryna flex her couch collection on instagram..
lol

shoes are shoes to me...i rock em until they get crusty and just enjoy the time when they were fresh until the times when they're worn and crusty...to me it adds character...i dunno..thats just me...they are just shoes..they are meant to be worn and get crusty after awhile...I still store em and clean em when they're dirty but age is age...its inevitable...

nice pics @osyrhiz some fresh pairs you got doeeeee

Never got into the saran wrap thing. That pic of those 9s crumbling surfaced around the time I took collecting serious. That was always enough to steer me away. I usually don't keep anything on ice longer than 3-4 years anyways. Gotta start wearing my white and infrared 6s.

Wish these were a thirteen man

Back
Top Bottom