2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

nerd.gif
 (not my wear..)

Last edited:
Yeah a lot of the cuts have been due to their green program, or at least that's what they're claiming. From my personal observations my favorite suede is in stuff released between 1999-2004, and most of my favorites aren't even SBs.
completely agree, If I want quality suede I don't look towards nike sb, that's what new balance is for, there materials are head and heals above nike sb, with a price tag to prove it. however I think the QS's had nice suede, and I was very pleased with the leather on the cali highs. Some of the premium dunks have good material, but it seems like from here on out we cant expect anything decent quality wise from a GR, which is why I will prob never pay retail for a GR again.

Any info on the 2015 chinese new year or year of sheep SBs yet? i am still disappointed at myself for missing last years...

I may come off as a moron for asking this, but does nike always do a dunk for Chinese New Year?  Don't remember seeing any besides the year of the pigs from several years ago and this past years YoTH (no year of the snake from 2013 or dragon from 2012, which had plenty of potential).  Also, the Chinese New Year isn't until sometime in February, I think it's the 16th of February.

I may come off as a moron for asking this, but does nike always do a dunk for Chinese New Year?  Don't remember seeing any besides the year of the pigs from several years ago and this past years YoTH (no year of the snake from 2013 or dragon from 2012, which had plenty of potential).  Also, the Chinese New Year isn't until sometime in February, I think it's the 16th of February.
i dont recall them having it every year either.  however i am hoping they will do one this year for SB

They don't always, historically it's been mostly AF1 releases. They started including Nike Basketball in the mix and went all in after YOTR, but that's probably because of how big basketball has become in Asia. Dunks will probably only be made if someone comes up with a decent concept way ahead of time.

I mean yeah you can wrap decent suede on a pair in some manner to tie it into the theme, but that's going to get boring quick. Year of the Ram? I'd like to see something like an lambswool ankle.

According to this Nike has been issuing Chinese Lunar New Year releases since 2002. 

http://sneakernews.com/2014/01/30/full-circle-yearly-rundown-nikes-best-chinese-new-year-sneakers/

I've been so busy for the last few weeks I haven't had any time to post or contribute, but I've kept up with everything.  Glad to see everyone had a good holiday, it was a crazy one for me.  Don't want to rehash old news but @9thWonder23kid  great idea on the fb group (and enjoy your trip!).  I think it will be nice once we get the ball rolling, and I too will have to create a page just for that.  I'm going to throw some things up in an effort to help 'set the trend', always liked the idea of hooking each other up and 'returning favors' for all the work that gets put in here.  I'm going to make a page now and hopefully get em up asap.

In closing, when looking ahead in 2015.....I'm scared of those all red dunks 
mean.gif

Last edited:
What are some of you guys thoughts on the dunk low snake eyes? I picked up a pair off the bay, sort of an impulse. Thought they were decent when I ran across them, and then in like 2 hours they became one of my favorite dunk's that I'm aware of lol. So if any of you guys have these, I'd like to know your thoughts on them. Maybe I tricked myself into thinking they're an unofficial j-pack release since I think they favor blk/red 11s tremendously with the color blocking.
I like my pair a lot. I've worn them a lot, and so far they still look pretty good. I will, however, say that the black "suede" isn't that nice quality wise, it's a little rough and cheap feeling. Overall though, a nice shoe, they've become one of my favorite pairs to wear on a rainy day.

Back
Top Bottom