2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I'm getting impatient...I REALLY want these Cinnabar joints! Haven't seen them under retail anywhere yet.

...and am I trippin', or are these magically gone from NDC?

Last edited:
Not sure about in store, but their webstore hasn't updated in the longest.
I went to the heights store last month. They had nothing new at all. I just checked their IG. Newest dunks on there are the dazzles but they did post the Prod retro as well as those Lost Art joints. I'm lost.

Saw this on my facebook feed lil wayne showing Sb some love on easter. :smokin

Cool pic^, although Weezy's not new to SBs. Shortly after the NLs dropped, there was a pic of him at some skatepark in the NL lows.

Martini is going through a very rough patch . I will probably get hated on for this but you can't expect to pay 50.00 for all GRs and also expect smaller shops to stay in business

Martini is going through a very rough patch . I will probably get hated on for this but you can't expect to pay 50.00 for all GRs and also expect smaller shops to stay in business

No but thats more nikes fault for the price hike. If retail was still 70 I'd back that to shops no problem

I never shopped there in the first place but I get it. I can't afford to be paying extra to keep someone in business either way though. I've only been in Martini a few times total but every time I was the only customer in the store.

Just trying to point out what its like to have an SB account . Very true , Nike is not helping with their high prices . Sadly , a shop has to order a certain amount of GRs which gather dust at full retail in order to get any Quickstrikes

Just trying to point out what its like to have an SB account . Very true , Nike is not helping with their high prices . Sadly , a shop has to order a certain amount of GRs which gather dust at full retail in order to get any Quickstrikes
Sounds like my local. No one here buys dunks. They finally sold their last pair of BHM dunks after they heavily discounted them.... The BHM's from 2014 :x. They recently had to discount the 510s to get em to move too. I get frustrated they never get any SB's in, but it's because they can never sell the ones they DO get in.

I will really have no problem paying retail for shoes that I like EVEN if I'm pretty sure they will eventually go on clearance.... sometimes I'm wrong and they sell out and I missed getting them at retail

My goal is to never pay over retail.... getting stuff on clearance is great, but it tends to be stuff I kinda really wasn't feeling

I heard that for 2016 Nike is going to scale back dunks to one a month (one high and one low with some mids mixed in) since it seems this years releases haven;t been doing all that well

idk, Nike reps, not sure if true or not

Cool pic^, although Weezy's not new to SBs. Shortly after the NLs dropped, there was a pic of him at some skatepark in the NL lows.

Yeah he isn't, I'm pretty sure I've seen him wearing one of the three bears pack and the dazzle highs while sitting courtside

I will really have no problem paying retail for shoes that I like EVEN if I'm pretty sure they will eventually go on clearance.... sometimes I'm wrong and they sell out and I missed getting them at retail
My goal is to never pay over retail.... getting stuff on clearance is great, but it tends to be stuff I kinda really wasn't feeling

I heard that for 2016 Nike is going to scale back dunks to one a month (one high and one low with some mids mixed in) since it seems this years releases haven;t been doing all that well
idk, Nike reps, not sure if true or not

To this point. Thats the way it used to be. Even 5 years ago. Sometimes we went a month or 2 without a dunk release. When they would release 2 in a month that would be alot. Go back to the first few years they only put out a dunk every few months. fast forward to now they put out like 5 dunks every month. This i believe has alot to do with the new mgmt in sb dept. When sandy left. This guy comes in and says lets do quantity over quality. Started with materials. Then cheaper box. Cuts out kevlar laces. Even the paper is like ****** tp now. Price goes up. Changes qs. I mean their really is not true qs anymore . all this ISO and multiple colabs. Back to basics might help.

I agree 100%. Not shops fault at all. I know a lil bit about this being as my good friend is shoe manager at my local. He gave me a lil rundown on how it works. He told me that when he orders he must buy and sell a certain amount of shoes a month. But its comes down to how much $ in shoes u can sell month. And let me tell you it was ALOT. Then and only if you do that can you be considered for qs depending on if your local rep thinks u sell enough. Thats why you see shops stocking every other sb thay comes out a month .7 prods , janos,kostons,dunks etc.. Then a qs will show up at your door and u have to sell them all to keep them coming. Now the only reason they are able to keep their account and not buy as many a month is because they have been a jordan seller for 25 years. My local is not a skateshop by itself they sell many other sports stuff. So these skate shops dont stand a chance over time with just nike when you cant pay there bills. Its sad.

Sorry to ramble

Last edited:
Sounds like my local. No one here buys dunks. They finally sold their last pair of BHM dunks after they heavily discounted them.... The BHM's from 2014 :x. They recently had to discount the 510s to get em to move too. I get frustrated they never get any SB's in, but it's because they can never sell the ones they DO get in.

Sheesh what shop is that??

I will really have no problem paying retail for shoes that I like ....My goal is to never pay over retail....

True Statement

Last edited:
5 years ago a shop in philly called exit wrote a good blog on this but it has been taken down but i found some of the comments from them about it, puts it in perspective

Exit Skateshop
after Nike launched SB they slowly over saturated the market, the term "limited edition" was used on every shoe produced thus tarnishing the brands "hard to get" image. So instead of cutting back production or at least focusing on a better design scheme for SB they just started allocating more and more junk to skateshops. In less then a year Exit accumulated over 70,000 dollars in debt, and only a fraction of that debt was on product we ordered. A $3,000 box of bright pink leather shoes would show up at your door, and you have no choice but take the brick. After awhile shops start cutting back on essentials like boards, hardgoods, employee wages, etc just to handle the bill.

Exit Skateshop
most shops can't afford it. I had to setup a payment plan of 2,000 a week to avoid collections and legal action. I cut every corner possible to keep my shop open, and narrowly avoid my personal financial being destroyed by Nike now I am paid up, and what do I have to show for it? Nothing. Like Skip said Shops like ares were stepping stones for a larger brand development

Exit Skateshop KI it real blows me away that someone of your age and experience can not see the direct negative results of your whole "looking for the deal" attitude and the conflicts small independent retailers face against major corporate stores

So reign buys a pair of shoes for $65 and marks it at $100 and you decide to instead go buy a pair of Nikes at Foot Locker. A couple months go by and the shop is forced to put it on discount in hopes of AT LEAST breaking even. Those couple dollars could have been put back into SKATEBOARDING! Instead of putting money into a Skateshop would would have put the money into a possible video premiere, skatepark, a friends pocket, a budget to help kids get product you decided it made more sense to look for "a deal" and put the money into some corporations multi billion dollar bank account.

Now don't get me wrong we all know and understand times are tough and we need to make every dollar count, but when your talking about something you love, and hope to see survive (skateboarding) you need to support the guys who will ALWAYS support skateboarding. Even when it's not profitable.

i love sb and if they dont go back to the basics down the road it could get alot worse for shops , especially the smaller ones. funny that they did a support your local when they are the reason alot of shops have gone under the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom