2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Think you guys are over thinking it.. If Nike we not accretive to a business, a business would not use nike. Maybe there are business cycles but I doubt any nike retailer is saying nike is  "putting them under"

pretty much

we got people in here saying Nike is a terrible company yet they have no problem going in a Nike SB shop and ONLY buying Dunks

With all this Account talk its got me wondering, Is NIKE ok with shops that hold accounts selling older limited dunks for 2-3x box price?

If I come across it again, I'll link you.

It basically reads like a blank check written out to Nike,Inc.
I remembered where I saw this. I got a pair of SB's in the mail, and the invoice was written on the back of the last page of the Nike contract.

The shop literally can't afford printer paper..

I remembered where I saw this. I got a pair of SB's in the mail, and the invoice was written on the back of the last page of the Nike contract.

The shop literally can't afford printer paper..
maybe the shop was trying to save trees and recycle paper
alien.gif

With all this Account talk its got me wondering, Is NIKE ok with shops that hold accounts selling older limited dunks for 2-3x box price?

The wholesale cost (i.e. what the shop pays Nike) is the same regardless of what the shop sells the shoes for.

MSRP

Last edited:
I'd also be intertested in some of the shops that have 3+ year old dunk inventory
I'd be willing to help them out if they have my size

I wish i would've bought Iron Man highs when they 1st dropped.

I didn't expect resale prices to jump like that. :smh:

pretty much

we got people in here saying Nike is a terrible company yet they have no problem going in a Nike SB shop and ONLY buying Dunks

Yeah that's sort of a contradiction. You say the shoe is terrible but yet you buy it you say if the shop can't sell it they should ditch it. Then where does that leave the consumer? I think there have been a lot of good points thrown out.. Especially the one about shops thinking shelving QS items are gonna save them..

Is it just as easy for a shop to shelve SB's just as they could shelve lets say... air max's ? I'd really like to see this SB contract, it seems like a lot of shops understand their limitations and some just look at it as Nike being there "savior"

pretty much

Im not saying they are terrible company. But if i owned a shop and nike by itself put me 70k in debt. I would to blame them. Shops get sb becaise they know it sells. My dude keeps telling me if he does not sell enough they will take his sb account and give it to a shop 5 blocks away thats wants it bad. but they wont let that many people sell sbs and dunks that close. So shops get more to meet the quota and then cant sell the 20+ sbs that come out a every month now. You cant just order what you like .

Im not saying they are terrible company. But if i owned a shop and nike by itself put me 70k in debt. I would to blame them. Shops get sb becaise they know it sells. My dude keeps telling me if he does not sell enough they will take his sb account and give it to a shop 5 blocks away thats wants it bad. but they wont let that many people sell sbs and dunks that close. So shops get more to meet the quota and then cant sell the 20+ sbs that come out a every month now. You cant just order what you like .
sick.gif

Last edited:
Nike is hard on these businesses to. i dont hate on the company but i understand how some justify their hate or disdain. hearing some of this stuff being talked about in the thread really makes me want to support my local skate shop 

this is one big contradiction in itself

so he wants an SB account but he says he can't sell the SB's?

how the hell did Nike put them in $70k debt off SB's? :lol:

Last edited:

yes - it was nike who put him in 70k debt..

One thing I've noticed about shops that sell SBs that sit and sit.... For whatever reason they don't want to mark them down to move them
Movement is better than collecting dust, even if you don't make a bunch off them
This thread is a perfect example of people buying shoes once they go on clearance.... If the shoes aren't selling after a few weeks then mark them down
That will also build a little excitement into the GRs.... Right now you know they are going to be sitting for a few months so what is the hurry in picking them up?
Just like how Nike plays it..... But it now because it could be gone next month

I also wish my local shops would build legit websites to help them move their product
Premier and SPOT don't seem to have issues moving stuff

yes - it was nike who put him in 70k debt..
yes he owed nike 70k. not from other companys,just NIKE!

Now remember this was in 2010, when nike was putting out more shoes, and alot of people did not like them. one i remember them complain about was the comic boom highs. Those sat FOREVER. think about it, you get a shoe from nike for $45 , mark it for $90. sits for months, you wanna get new stock but cant sell old. so you makr it down to $60 sometimes less, you make $ money from that. and if your a small shop and you get sb, you prob cant afford to get that many other brands, snowball effect your in debt before you know it
this is one big contradiction in itself

so he wants an SB account but he says he can't sell the SB's?

how the hell did Nike put them in $70k debt off SB's?
laugh.gif
its not that they cant sell them, they just cant sell enough to keep nike happy, Nike could care less if you can or cant, they will just take back you invetory and sell it in thier outlets, give your sb account to another shop. but shops try so hard to keep them because they know it will bring more kids into there shop. Now none of the things i said are gonna stop me from getting sb's im just saying that sb in itself has changed so much, h=who is to say for the better or worse.

Last edited:

yes he owed nike 70k. not from other companys,just NIKE!

Now remember this was in 2010, when nike was putting out more shoes, and alot of people did not like them. one i remember them complain about was the comic boom highs. Those sat FOREVER.

its not that they cant sell them, they just cant sell enough to keep nike happy, Nike could care less if you can or cant, they will just take back you invetory and sell it in thier outlets, give your sb account to another shop. but shops try so hard to keep them because they know it will bring more kids into there shop. Now none of the things i said are gonna stop me from getting sb's im just saying that sb in itself has changed so much, h=who is to say for the better or worse.
no, he put himself into 70k. you're looking at it wrong.

One thing I've noticed about shops that sell SBs that sit and sit.... For whatever reason they don't want to mark them down to move them
Movement is better than collecting dust, even if you don't make a bunch off them
This thread is a perfect example of people buying shoes once they go on clearance.... If the shoes aren't selling after a few weeks then mark them down
That will also build a little excitement into the GRs.... Right now you know they are going to be sitting for a few months so what is the hurry in picking them up?
Just like how Nike plays it..... But it now because it could be gone next month

I also wish my local shops would build legit websites to help them move their product
Premier and SPOT don't seem to have issues moving stuff
this is because you have to have permission to sell sb online

Back
Top Bottom