2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Fire & Ices are so underrated, I remember first seeing them at my local Nike store and picking them up. Sat FOREVER, then Kevin Durant posted a photo wearing them and they were gone within the next week.

Still hit outlets, but yeah.

I always meant to pick up those fire and ices when they went on discount, and just never did. They're nice :smokin

looks like SKATERS ADVOCATE has lost their online SB privileges 
tired.gif

PICKYOURSHOES has too...

Last edited:
**Spits out tea**

SAY WHAT?!

That's what I did on the phone.

He then responded "yea bro 145 for the shoe plus 15 for shipping plus tax".

A) they shouldn't charge me tax being out of state
B) 15 for ground shipping is a little overkill
C) my buddy knows a dude there and got his for 130 shipped, guaranteed before release.

That's strange. I thought CDN box price is $175. It looks like they're under charging.

Wow.
Hmm - I think all the shops in Toronto were charging $175 as well.  Sounded overpriced to me... $125 USD MSRP -> $160 CAD MSRP makes more sense to me.

I do know all the shops locally overcharged the same price for the Tiffs.

Last edited:
Andrew's response was that select releases have a high demand and thusly his higher than MSRP asking price for these releases is meant to curb resellers...but at what point does that just make him a reseller too?
Local shop made anyone that entered the raffle for the Tiffs wear SBs into the store before they can raffle.  The hype drove kids to buy a new pair of SBs in shop to enter the Tiff raffle.  
eyes.gif
  These tactics don't work -- just trying to drive sales or the price up.

I'll admit that I never bought any De La Soul music (MP3s though)... and they did release their entire catalogue for free last year.  And they have free downloads here:

http://delasoul.merchdirect.com/categories/digital-download

Local shop made anyone that entered the raffle for the Tiffs wear SBs into the store before they can raffle.  The hype drove kids to buy a new pair of SBs in shop to enter the Tiff raffle.  
eyes.gif
  These tactics don't work -- just trying to drive sales or the price up.

I'll admit that I never bought any De La Soul music (MP3s though)... and they did release their entire catalogue for free last year.  And they have free downloads here:

http://delasoul.merchdirect.com/categories/digital-download
I See nothing wrong with this

Hmm - I think all the shops in Toronto were charging $175 as well.  Sounded overpriced to me... $125 USD MSRP -> $160 CAD MSRP makes more sense to me.

I do know all the shops locally overcharged the same price for the Tiffs.

Cant be as bad as exoshop. I emailed them last week and they told me they the DLS would be $174.99. They were initially that and then an hour later they were up to $199.99 when they posted.

Do you really blame shops when you get a bunch of people who only buy a hyped release from them once or maybe twice a year?

This thread is a prime example in another week people disappear until the *gasp* Pigeon High release

Do you really blame shops when you get a bunch of people who only buy a hyped release from them once or maybe twice a year?

This thread is a prime example in another week people disappear until the *gasp* Pigeon High release

Hell yeah they are to blame. Here's the thing, if you want it to stay local then keep it local.. Once you start advertising on social media you become fair game for the hyenas lurking for a come so you shouldnt be surprised when your a shop in jersey getting hit up by someone in Oregon wanting to buy. I don't agree with retail shops hiking up prices because of this newly found demand. Your retail, stay retail. However, I can never knock another mans hustle. So if people are willing to pay then take advantage. But when your product sits because of the other 100s of shops charging retail don't get all pissy lol

I See nothing wrong with this
Ya, sounded like a good idea when they announced it too.  But as I said, it just drove people to buy/find old SBs to wear into store -- I guess it's a win-win if kids are willing to buy SBs just to have a CHANCE at winning the right to buy some Tiffs.  

However, it's not too hard to find a big pair of SBs for cheap and have your entire crew walk into the store one at a one with the same pair to enter the raffle.  Didn't see that done, but considering some of the campout kids get their entire family to wait in line for 8+ hours for other drops -- it's not crazy.

Appreciated the thought - but it was just a PITA for little return, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom