2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I made it last month without buying any shoes ... Except for the $15 disposables but they don't count :lol:

Bought a pair today but they weren't SBs or dunks. Happened to get lucky on a certain raffle last night and had no choice.

Having a general price point for something you want to buy is smart IMO.  Some of us don't know the price range for some pairs and we just want to get a fair deal.  There are a lot of people out there that will not hesitate to take advantage of someone that is ignorant on prices.  It's not about how much I'm willing to spend, rather not getting ripped off.  I appreciate when you guys help me out with that information.

I made it last month without buying any shoes ... Except for the $15 disposables but they don't count
laugh.gif

Bought a pair today but they weren't SBs or dunks. Happened to get lucky on a certain raffle last night and had no choice.
You cheated, that counts lol.  Looks like you have to wait until November to do it right.  I picked up the dia de los muertos (DOTD) so I'm going all of Oct without buying anything
frown.gif
.  I get them in today, I can't wait to get home and lace them up!

You cheated, that counts lol.  Looks like you have to wait until November to do it right.  I picked up the dia de los muertos (DOTD) so I'm going all of Oct without buying anything:frown: .  I get them in today, I can't wait to get home and lace them up!

Haha yeaaaa I guess.

Did you happen to get a LC on those? Or do you know the shoe well enough to be able to tell on your own? I know they're pretty pricey and there are a lot of fakes floating around and some are pretty good.

Hey, anybody know what size replacement laces I'd want for a mens 7... Assuming I want them the same length theyd be from nike? My girl wants to put pink laces in a pair of flamingos that arent here yet, but I wanna get the laces in time for the shoe...

Having a general price point for something you want to buy is smart IMO.  Some of us don't know the price range for some pairs and we just want to get a fair deal.  There are a lot of people out there that will not hesitate to take advantage of someone that is ignorant on prices.  It's not about how much I'm willing to spend, rather not getting ripped off.  I appreciate when you guys help me out with that information.

All I'm saying is for the popular shoes like LMs it's easy to just check eBay to see what they are selling for....

Now if you are talking a more obscure release or a shoe that is hard to find in a certain size I get it

I'm not hating, just pointing out the basic info is out there and knowing is half the battle

I'm feelin the dunk bug

lookin to get a pair exclusively for skating

central parks fit the bill well... are those still cheap at the outlets?

Last edited:
Haha yeaaaa I guess.

Did you happen to get a LC on those? Or do you know the shoe well enough to be able to tell on your own? I know they're pretty pricey and there are a lot of fakes floating around and some are pretty good.
Yeah my friend has them and I got extra pics and sent them to him.  These are in my top 3.  I feel like a little kid on Christmas waiting to open his presents haha

Last edited:
Scooped these for 222 and some change shipped. Aside from the paint being stripped, they were flawless. I'm glad to finally have these but the leather isn't quite as soft as people made them out to be.

Its not as soft because acetone has a harsh effect on leather so since it probably wasn't reconditioned after the stripping it had a negative affect of the leather

All I'm saying is for the popular shoes like LMs it's easy to just check eBay to see what they are selling for....

Now if you are talking a more obscure release or a shoe that is hard to find in a certain size I get it

I'm not hating, just pointing out the basic info is out there and knowing is half the battle
I definitely agree, I don't mean the people that are just too lazy to do the research themselves.  Most times I ask its for older SBs (10 years+) so in the rare instances they do pop up, I don't have much to go off of.  You're right, I picked a bad example of a price check since the LM are fairly new and are always on eBay. 

Its not as soft because acetone has a harsh effect on leather so since it probably wasn't reconditioned after the stripping it had a negative affect of the leather

ahhh...gotcha. i have mink oil at home and noticed that it has made a little difference. i probably just need to apply more of it.

I've been debating stripping the checks on my LMs. Is acetone the best way? I think I read magic erasers work too? I don't know that I'm comfortable using acetone on these since I've never done it before and am not going to even leave open the possibility of messing them up.

I've been debating stripping the checks on my LMs. Is acetone the best way? I think I read magic erasers work too? I don't know that I'm comfortable using acetone on these since I've never done it before and am not going to even leave open the possibility of messing them up.
Yes magic eraser would be better. Acetones tend to strip the finish off of shoes too, along with what BBM said about acetone. 

Last edited:
De La Soul lows seem to be creeping slowly back up in price, will need to grab a burner pair before they are permanently above retail.

what do you guys think kelly bird will bring to the brand as global brand manager?

I think it looks cool on the surface. Would be nice to get real direction from such a seasoned vet, but they've stuffed him so full of money it's hard to see where his intentions lie..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom