2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Dang they had a pair of UK passports for $66 I was watching on ebay but someone else jumped on them. I hesitated because they were 9.5 and I can wear them but prefer 10s. Probably should  have bought. :smh:

Maybe at least it was someone here that got them. 

You think that's bad, I missed out on a pair that sild for $30. The strange thing is that I bid $30 and didn't win them. i guess the other bidder had put his bid in earlier. :smh

^you're 100% right, SB Dunks really sparked my interest in shoes in 2007 (specifically the DOOMs and Dino Jr's) when I was in 9th grade. unfortunately most releases these days just don't compare in any aspect to the older stuff which is part of the reason I moved more towards runners although my love for SBs will never die, I only bought 4 dunks last year. It wasn't until I learned the entire SB history that I learned how great the early stuff was compared to the newer stuff, especially presently (the 03-04' Silver Box era is still my favorite). I see stuff like these Gasparillas and feel like they would have been laughed out of stores during the Black Box era when I got into SBs. I actually buy a lot more old releases than new but as you said they come at a premium unless you get lucky. I did pick up a silver box pair recently that I felt I did pretty good on. Should have pics in a couple days.

I think where new releases don't compare to older releases is in creativity/collabs.
Dunks aren't collabing with really unique entities anymore. i think
And the the creativity level being put on some newer releases is below par. So many of the same looking CW's.

@volksnuts great job on the spy vs spy. Such a dope concept. Much better than that yin yang crap

So what's the goat dunk to all you old heads? High n low.

I'm going to exclude samples and super limited stuff (City Series, Yellow Lobs, FLOM, etc) for obvious reasons. I'm sure 90% of people would say Paris lows.

High- DOOM
Low- Bison

Dooms are my favorite shoe of all time for many reasons.
For the lows I could seriously easily go with almost any low from 02-04

It's so funny how pairs of dunks from the past 2-3 years you couldn't give away back then. People said ah their stupid or ugly. Now everyone wants them. You think it's because they get caught up in the fact you can't get em anymore or is it that new people have come into the game and like them. Thoughts?
Yeah, this is an interesting point for discussion.  For me it was a matter of priority of releases.  Over the past few years Nike has been dropping stuff all the time, so its been hard to pick up everything i like right when it comes out.  Ive been pretty good about gauging other people interest and picking up the stuff that i think will be harder to grab for a decent price later on.  This strategy has allowed me to go back during slow release periods and pick up the stuff that i initially passed on and still like.

With that said, i am sure at least some of the interest in newer releases has to do with new people wanting to seem like OGs and picking up older stuff that others may not have to stunt at school or whatever.

**** makes me feel old 9th grade , i started with sb in3m marroon pro B era when i was in 10th grade 2002 man i feel old

This will make you feel better: I graduated high school in 2000...

Pro-B
That's where I started.
Watching a pair of marroons on eBay right now.

I also graduated in 2000

Today's wear

Tough one. For highs I'm not sure but for lows Paris lows take the cake for me. I can tell you my favorite highs which are the WPF's.
Pink is my favorite color so there's no competition
laugh.gif
Saw them and I knew I had to have them.
Man I saw some super beat pigs on ebay the other day. Looked like they'd been pulled out of a dumpster... Meant to post them. Dude still wanted like 80 bones for em... They're gone now though... Guess maybe someone picked them up?? [emoji]128541[/emoji]

Clean Sz 9 on there now for 86 shipped... No insoles tho

http://m.ebay.com/itm/nike-sb-when-pigs-fly-/191808599332?nav=SEARCH
I dont know where some of these people get the gall to ask the prices they ask for beat shoes. $80
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
I dont know where some of these people get the gall to ask the prices they ask for beat shoes. $80 :lol: :smh:

Just reminded that there's a market for anything... Imagine there's some freaky deeky out there that only collects reeeeal beat up grails so he can cradle them in his basement while sniffing the insoles... [emoji]128516[/emoji]

Low- Medicom 1, had 1 chance to scoop a ds size 12 for $500 but just could not drop that much loot on a shoe

high- irons-, i did find a really nice pair and scooped them. so comfy and soft. deff one to own

i got into sbs right at the end of black box era, so for me i consider that late. and i graduated in 04 so some of you guys got me beat , old salts! lol

Low- Medicom 1, had 1 chance to scoop a ds size 12 for $500 but just could not drop that much loot on a shoe
high- irons-, i did find a really nice pair and scooped them. so comfy and soft. deff one to own

i got into sbs right at the end of black box era, so for me i consider that late. and i graduated in 04 so some of you guys got me beat , old salts! lol
Class of 92 for me.

Yeah, this is an interesting point for discussion.  For me it was a matter of priority of releases.  Over the past few years Nike has been dropping stuff all the time, so its been hard to pick up everything i like right when it comes out.  Ive been pretty good about gauging other people interest and picking up the stuff that i think will be harder to grab for a decent price later on.  This strategy has allowed me to go back during slow release periods and pick up the stuff that i initially passed on and still like.

With that said, i am sure at least some of the interest in newer releases has to do with new people wanting to seem like OGs and picking up older stuff that others may not have to stunt at school or whatever.

You make good points here.

For me, the lesson had always been to just buy what I liked... People used to talk **** to me back in the day for copping GRs all the time but a lot of those end up sought after anyway (not all though)

Last edited:
I've talked about this before but IMO the Freddys  are the best dunk ever.

The level of detail and thought put into them, plus the execution is just fantastic. The sweater material, the silver swoosh for his claws, the insoles, the blood splatter (it looks purposely like dried blood too), the scratched/oil stained leather (a detail most people don't realize is there.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom