2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I hope this isn't true.

@NikeOtaku  im all for detail and execution, but the problem with sb [freddys] is that its too thematic.  too evident.  too flashy in concept.  its like youre wearing those kids slippers of the latest kid movie out.  like uhh, dispicable me minions head slippers.  

when sb first released, they did "inspired" shoes, and some concepts still hold true to that.  heres a good example, imo on what im talking about. i hate hunters, but i think its done well in overall concept and execution.  you know what theyre getting at, but there isnt deer antlers hanging off of them, or shot gun shells glued to the tongue.  its inspired of, not in your face.  

perhaps the conceptual idea becomes too cartoony when they specifically pick a single item or character to chase after.  maybe if they had done a thriller movie inspired shoe rather than freddy, or jason, it wouldnt be so corny.  

i think of movies in the same vein, you can have iconic movie like BATMAN, all in your face, or it can be artistically derived as in dark knight.  the eluding concept of dark knight is more cloaked in inspiration that really drives some artistic value.  i guess its just semantics but a GOAT for me isnt something that is just constructed well in detail, but has an artist value to its concept.  diff strokes for diff folks.  

Freddy sb dunk corny? Somebody must've laced my bud because I know nobody typed that in this thread.
i know ima catch a lot of heat for my statement, but its how i feel about it.  theres a grip of clean concepts and colorways in sb dunks.  freddys is not on my list.  again, might as well hit up walmart and put on some scooby doo slippers footy jammies. its just trying to hard.  just like those dororthy sbs.  great idea, terrible turn out.  the concept of ideas with her dress, and other parts is cool, but its so corny.  

if someone looked at lobsters they might be able to make out what the deal was, but when they asked, and you told them, theyd be like, aahhh thats really cool.  the freddys are just so obvious, trying so hard.  

thats just my opinion, im prob in the minority. 

Last edited:
Class of 04 checking in. Looks like there's a few of us here :smokin
Got into dunks when the Pigeons came out. I think it's the perfect execution of taking an idea or inspiration redlecting that in a shoe. The Dunk silhoutte is perfect for this.
Plus what the Pigeon's did for sneaker culture and sneaker hype and resell value of sneakers is incredible. It single handidly paved the way modern sneaker culture

Goat Low's- Pigeons
Goat High's- Unkle's

i'll name my top three greatest of all time HIs and lows and which im working on.

Goat his-

Unkles (recently reacquired)

dooms (had since release)

red supreme HIs (looking for a pair)

Goat lows-

jedis (my pair is looking kinda rough now tho)

black supreme lows (bout to pull the trigger on a pair soon)

pigeons (im somewhat crazy enough to pull the trigger on a pair for the right price)

Looking for pigs size 13-14

Or the clean all coke white sbs in a black purple box that came w gold laces can someone help me w the name?

Back
Top Bottom