2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Haven't been kept up with SB's for a while now but those high colorways up there are pretty nice.. One thing I don't get tho, if they're stripping these down and taking out all the padding, why are these still considered dunk SB's? 
eyes.gif

Pure guess on my part but I think it's a black panther theme based on the eyes and the growl audio from their instagram post. Apparently there is an ongoing debate about them existing in the wild in South Carolina or not. Would be a logical local theme for Blacksheep to run with if that's what they are doing.

Or could be something along a wolf in sheeps clothing or vice versa theme to tie into their ??th anniversary in 2017.
Random thought/ question: I saw a comment mention something about it possibly being Harambe Dunk, It probably isn't but how would the reception be if it was? Who here would get it?

I can somewhat agree with you but the fat tounge is a deal breaker for me. Especially for a low! Just those 2017 pictures have me hyped for sb but then the retooling really has me thinking of who Nike is trying to catering to.

No fat tongue - not an sb

Just **** the whole brand up Nike. I need you to save me money so I can put it toward classic dunks WITH A FAT TONGUE!!

The high of the box series...the low of no more padding. 2016 please stop this I can't take it

These new Dunks don't make sense at all. I'm not a skateboarder, nor have I ever been, but wasn't the original appeal of SB Dunks (colorways side) the thicker tongue and added padding/support across all models? It makes sense no sense for them to get rid of it since it adds to the overall function of the shoes as skateboard shoes.

These may as well just be regular Dunks at this point. The appeal of the shoes is really being killed off, from all angles. At this point, it seems like Nike is encouraging us to just go off and buy the older releases or dwell on the thought of quickstrikes. It's quite a shame considering in high school I couldn't wait to see what SB was cooking up. 

So basically Nike found a way to cut down on material and save themselves some money, and they'll probably raise the price of these another 10 bucks lol. The color ways are nice, but I guess we'll never have another comfy dunk again.

While I'm not thrilled about it, those green/blacks are lookin pretty nice. "Ghetto sharks" aren't too bad either :lol:

I'd bet the change is coming from Nike SB trying to appeal to the younger people that still skate? I know the local kids like the IWs because it's closer to skating in a Janoski but with the look of the dunk

I wear IWs too so as long as I can get them on discount it's cool (those colorways are nice) though those highs will have to be seen/worn before I can say anything.... well other than there is no way I'd skate in them
I wear dunk highs because I mainly want that ankle padding to keep the board from hitting me in the Achilles
Not that I've been skating much the last year or two

Blacksheep collab is a dunk. Gasparilla was supposed to be the last SYL collab but since the PIF got recalled they gave BS another shot.

-I guess I'll be the first to openly say I LOVE those gray highs.

-In regards to the padding, it's honestly an optional thing. Several skate shoes don't have excessive padding so the skating excuse is a moot point. Comparing SBs to regular dunks, the new tooled soles do help with traction and grip (although unfortunately becoming narrower) and the specialized zoom air insoles help with foot comfort and impact support.(thick footbed and zoom air unit)

TLDR: kinda wack for general use/walking, still efficient for skating.

Last edited:

Welcome to the thread! Thanks for any info you give!

Repped for superb gif usage!

I'm not feeling the stripped down dunk. The colorways are decent but I can't get with it. They really want to try to appeal to the younger generation with this move. I'm hoping the BS collab is solid. I like the promotion they've done so far for it.

All this snow made me put these Tauntaun's back in their box.  Wanted to wear for Rogue One, but went with Foams instead.  Great movie though.

Back
Top Bottom