2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Excerpt from Brian Anderson's Hypebeast interview:

Could you speak on the legacy of the SB Dunk as both a shoe and the people it brought together, such as yourself, Danny Supa, and guys like that?

Sure, it was one of the better shoes after a few attempts of Nike getting into skateboarding. I don’t think I’m speaking incorrectly as someone who helped in the progression of it, but a lot of people were like, “Why don’t we remake the Dunk and make it a little more skateable?” People loved it and then it was this huge phenomenon outside of skateboarding. They were everywhere. Every new colorway was super coveted and exciting. It fizzled out a little bit, but it was so cool because there was the high-top and low-top. With the high, you could rock it with your flaps out if you wanted and those guys were doing all those collaborations with Heineken and stuff. I think it was cool that they brought all those different cultures together, for sure. I personally wore that shoe for so many years that I rarely wear it now, but it’s funny: every once in a while a pair will come in my mailbox and I’ll be like, “Yoooo, De La Soul?! I’m keeping these.” It’s cool, they’re still out there. They still have their following.

Are there any plans to retro the BA Dunk? Because that colorway — the camo and fluorescent orange — is having such a crazy moment in streetwear right now and you were ahead of that curve by literal years.

Yeah, (laughs). That was a trip. A lot of people liked it then, but I think that came from me growing up back east in New England and thinking hunting gear is tight. Orange mixed with camo? No-brainer. I don’t know what the term is for things on the upper collar area of the Dunk, but I call them flaps. I remember asking my buddy what we should do with the flaps and he told me to put long underwear on the inside. I was really proud of that shoe, it was really complete when you looked it.

Last edited:

...but what were you doing prior to receiving shipping info?

More [emoji]127824[/emoji][emoji]127824[/emoji][emoji]127824[/emoji]:

http://www.cowtownskateboards.com/s...gh-trd-qs-summit-white-summit-white-pid-39522

http://www.exodusrideshop.com/nike-...igh-traditional-qs-summit-white-summit-white/

Haha. I guess I was waiting the whole time. What I meant, was that for those that were lucky enough order them, I finally got the shipping and tracking info. So no cancellation or anything. At least not in my case.

Yeah I dunno what's up with that kali guy's prices. He has best offer on everything. I'm guessing a lot of people wind up doing that or paying through paypal. He does have everything I ever search for, and a huge amount of stuff seems to sell.

Yeah I dunno what's up with that kali guy's prices. He has best offer on everything. I'm guessing a lot of people wind up doing that or paying through paypal. He does have everything I ever search for, and a huge amount of stuff seems to sell.
B

I have a hard time believing he sells them for what he puts them up for tho
I've seen Jedis go for like 400 max

I offered someone 200 bucks for a pair of tokyos with a note attached saying "make my dreams come true please"
They didn't budge either :frown:

Back
Top Bottom