2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Yeah I know... I'll give it until Tuesday before I say anything to BS
USPS just sucks most of the time

It's funny, I've certainly had my issues with USPS, but I'll take them over FedEx and UPS and day of the week. Hopefully yours show up tomorrow.

Peace,
J

Curious.... how many people in here skate? (or used to)

Can't remember what release it was but my local gave front spots in line to people that could do a kickflip
I think it was the first five spots

My experience with UPS at home is great.... same guy for the last 15 years... UPS at work sucks (they crushed a painting I bought and tore a hole in it bastards)

Another grail crossed off my list. I've always wanted to have a pair of these, they look so much better in person. Got them for a steal too.

Selling everything separately after the initial release on a month + lead time is a little corny imo.

I skated until I was 16 or so. Was never good but man I loved nothing more in the summer.

And for me it's USPS > UPS > FedEx. And if its FedEx Home Delivery ... RIP

Never skated in my life, wish I had...but approaching 30 in March I'm pretty sure it's too late. Always been envious of vert skaters.

USPS > UPS > FedEx

For those that asked.... 9.5
I really need to clean up those midsoles
Prob will keep them since a bro of mine gave them to me
Starting the hunt for reasonably priced 11.5's

Also... been skating since '86
Not so much lately, but I am way better than my son

Last edited:
Once you're a skater, you always are, at least imo. It's in your blood.

I'm 30 next year and I've been thinking about getting a board for last year, I need another hobby since I quit drinking :lol: I moved out with haste when I was 18 and have no idea where the few boards I had went. I just feel odd/corny buying a complete at 30. I could put one together but would be winging it, I don't remember sizing or anything. Someone aware me in case I'm feelin froggy one day.

I'm 30 next year and I've been thinking about getting a board for last year, I need another hobby since I quit drinking :lol: I moved out with haste when I was 18 and have no idea where the few boards I had went. I just feel odd/corny buying a complete at 30. I could put one together but would be winging it, I don't remember sizing or anything. Someone aware me in case I'm feelin froggy one day.

Check out socalskateshop.com, they have the best selection and very good prices. For a noob I'd recommend an 8" or wider board since you won't be doing much flippy dippy.

When you bail it really hurts 
sick.gif
I also toned down the skating when I wipedout hard going downhill. My wrist and shoulder are now permanently scarred but it is what it is
laugh.gif

Selling everything separately after the initial release on a month + lead time is a little corny imo.

I skated until I was 16 or so. Was never good but man I loved nothing more in the summer.

And for me it's USPS > UPS > FedEx. And if its FedEx Home Delivery ... RIP

Never skated in my life, wish I had...but approaching 30 in March I'm pretty sure it's too late. Always been envious of vert skaters.

USPS > UPS > FedEx

That's my shipping breakdown as well.

I tried to skate when I was little. Had a Marty McFly Valterra and man, did I love it. I was still learning on it and my mom picked up and moved us to a new city. After we got settled, I started looking for my board to try again, and found out my mom sold it for a quarter in a yard sale. Never tried again after that. Now that I think about it, I'm STILL pissed about that.

Peace,
J

So the logical move would be to just go to my local, duh, and tell him I'm going to take a shot again :lol: he should hook me up.

That's my shipping breakdown as well.

I tried to skate when I was little. Had a Marty McFly Valterra and man, did I love it. I was still learning on it and my mom picked up and moved us to a new city. After we got settled, I started looking for my board to try again, and found out my mom sold it for a quarter in a yard sale. Never tried again after that. Now that I think about it, I'm STILL pissed about that.

Peace,
J
That brings back a ton of memories. It was actually my sisters board, but I kept it until the last move about 7 years ago. Wish I still had it. Same with the Alien Workshop Spectrum deck. Stopped skating when I got to college because of sports. Never went back, though I wish I had. Won't do it now at 35. 

Skated. I'm old though. Building out a Dogtown Dressen was like the best day as a kid. These days my MCL and hockey are not playing nice so I'm not sure I can skate again. Bringing kids to skatepark at 0900 though.

USPS tracking blowz.

Back
Top Bottom