2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I mean y'all are acting like Nike ain't showing love to the shops the same way that the shops are showing love to their loyal customers...Yellow Lobs to Atlas, WTDs to Black Sheep, Laus to Premier...
THIS! Literally just ranted to the girl last night about this, she was very uninterested haha 

Just got my denims in and brought out the fraying using sandpaper. These are incredible in person

In your guys' opinion what was the last pair of smooth leather dunks (i.e. not suede or nubuck) that had buttery leather?

In your guys' opinion what was the last pair of smooth leather dunks (i.e. not suede or nubuck) that had buttery leather?

Not an SB, but I have a pair of the black dunk lux's from a couple years back, the leather on those felt really nice. I can't bring myself to break them out yet though...

That's the reality of the world my dude. Shops will cater to the local/big spenders for keeping them in business. I was chatting with a guy at a Nike store when picking up the Forbes that used to work at Undefeated and he was telling me about all kinds of shady stuff that happened. Managers would tell him to tell customers they were sold out of shoes knowing there was a FSR in the back, a certain celebrity automatically got 2 pairs  in their size reserved at each location, etc. 

I get it and frankly I'm ok with it, I just hate the not being truthful with your other customers who I'm sure combined put more money in their pocket than a few big spenders.... I've always felt when walking into premier that I never get straight answers to any questions I ask. This go round I asked about how many size runs they had of the forbes, amazingly not one guy behind the counter could tell me... they were right around the back wall of all things. They'll get my money when it's convenient for me but I see what the score is. With the way Nike has been lately with the Jordan and SB releases, nothing is truely limited anymore where one needs a plug.

Fake raffle?

Sign of the times.... I'll allow it.

The SBs are real, but the raffle is fake!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not SBs, but the recent BTTYS pack have much better leather than anything on SBs from the last few years. Pretty similar to the nice stuff they put on remastered Jordan 1's.

And if I worked in one of these shops I'd def fix the 15yr dunk raffle as well. I'd want it going to someone that was spending in the store for most of those 15 years. Not some young hypebeast dork that won't even care about shoes anymore come next summer.

I worked high-end outdoor retail for a few years. Whenever a manufacturer would give us something crazy for a "customer" giveaway or we gave out multiple thousand dollar gift certificates at the holidays it was always to regulars that kept the lights on. The owner would jot down a few names and those were the raffle winners. The raffle data is just to build the marketing database. Not saying this is/was right or wrong but it's not a new phenomenon.

Lance mountains had great leather

Truth. I always tend to forget this is an SB haha. The leather on these is even better than most remastered jordans. I'd put them next to the OG 2011 Banneds.

Another recent SB with decent leather was the Fast Times low. Denim toe box and side panels, but the black leather on the rest of the shoe was butter.

Truth. I always tend to forget this is an SB haha. The leather on these is even better than most remastered jordans. I'd put them next to the OG 2011 Banneds.

Another recent SB with decent leather was the Fast Times low. Denim toe box and side panels, but the black leather on the rest of the shoe was butter.

You reading my mind dude? As I was reading the first part of your post I thought to myself "even though fast times weren't all leather, it was pretty nice." :rofl:

I highly reccomend any sneaker fans check out the Tinker Hatfield episode of "Abstract - The Art of Design". Nothing SB related but a great watch.

This. Honestly the closest Nike leather quality I've found that almost matched earlier era SBs.

On another note, prices on em are absurd these days. I was recently looking into buying another size 9.5 White LM since I sold mine like an idiot last year. Might have to sell some pairs to get em.

I don't mind the current leather that is used, I have a ton of issues with the suede though. It's the reason why I've passed on quite a few releases.

Not SBs, but the recent BTTYS pack have much better leather than anything on SBs from the last few years. Pretty similar to the nice stuff they put on remastered Jordan 1's.

And if I worked in one of these shops I'd def fix the 15yr dunk raffle as well. I'd want it going to someone that was spending in the store for most of those 15 years. Not some young hypebeast dork that won't even care about shoes anymore come next summer.
Yeah forgot about the BTTYSs, and how everyone was surprised about the leather quality. Haha I guess I was thinking more of SBs.

This. Honestly the closest Nike leather quality I've found that almost matched earlier era SBs.

On another note, prices on em are absurd these days. I was recently looking into buying another size 9.5 White LM since I sold mine like an idiot last year. Might have to sell some pairs to get em.
I don't know about you guys but I don't think of LMs being SBs, I think of them as a Jordan 1 with SB branding. It has the SB high tongue and that's about it, the rest is a Jordan 1. IMO of course. 

Last edited:
I worked high-end outdoor retail for a few years. Whenever a manufacturer would give us something crazy for a "customer" giveaway or we gave out multiple thousand dollar gift certificates at the holidays it was always to regulars that kept the lights on. The owner would jot down a few names and those were the raffle winners. The raffle data is just to build the marketing database. Not saying this is/was right or wrong but it's not a new phenomenon.

I just think it's comical that Premier couldn't have been more obvious to those who frequent them. We now know the score and can adjust spending money elsewhere. I'll be honest, I would have just copped online and saved the sales tax had I known I didn't have a shot at winning the raffle. It wouldn't have hurt them financially in the slightly not to get my dough, but it would have been better off for me to support an out of state skate shop. Let's just say respect has been lost and I literally was just about to throw some money at their private label apparel to represent which I'm sure has great margins... but I'll be keeping that cash in my pocket.

Again, I'll say if they produce video of their draw and one can see it's legit I will be the first to eat my words and apologize.... but I ain't holding my breath...

Last edited:
I was just speaking on my experience. Hopefully there is a local you can feel good about supporting.
I got you... just sucks that my local is Premier and I think I know the score with how things operate. Just talked to another person who's copped shoes and clothing there before and they said their days of buying stuff from them is over as well.... Again, I don't think anyone would be pointing out who won if it wasn't so obvious what was up...

Back
Top Bottom