2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I was playing detective and came across this early pair of dunks pre-sb era. It looks like there were 2 models released, one with fat tongue as seen here:

IMG_1605.jpg

And one with skinny tongue as seen here:

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

This is the label on the box for this model:
IMG_1610.JPG

I thought that the only pre-sb fat tongue dunks were dunk low pro B's (or at least that's what I got from reading the sb retrospective issue from sneaker freaker)These have a fat tongue and are just dunk low pro.
Does anyone know the mystery to this pair or in general did dunk low's and dunk low pro B's just vary from model to model between fat and skinny tongue?

I was playing detective and came across this early pair of dunks pre-sb era. It looks like there were 2 models released, one with fat tongue as seen here:

IMG_1605.jpg

And one with skinny tongue as seen here:

IMG_1608.JPG

IMG_1607.JPG

This is the label on the box for this model:
IMG_1610.JPG

I thought that the only pre-sb fat tongue dunks were dunk low pro B's (or at least that's what I got from reading the sb retrospective issue from sneaker freaker)These have a fat tongue and are just dunk low pro.
Does anyone know the mystery to this pair or in general did dunk low's and dunk low pro B's just vary from model to model between fat and skinny tongue?

Want to see the picture of the fat tongue release box?

Yeah all the photos I've seen of the box look the same. To rephrase my question: does anyone on here know if this CW was specifically released with both tongues for a reason? Or did this happen with other CW's at the time? And which model is supposed to have the fat tongue- the dunk low pro or dunk low pro B?

Also would love to not only see some high to low retro's but straight retro's of some of these pre-sb dunk cw's in their original low form and materials

miss the days when urban outfitters packed that nike dunk heat...

I remember people trying to hate, because they weren’t SBs

Those were my first pair of dunks.

Yeah all the photos I've seen of the box look the same. To rephrase my question: does anyone on here know if this CW was specifically released with both tongues for a reason? Or did this happen with other CW's at the time? And which model is supposed to have the fat tongue- the dunk low pro or dunk low pro B?

For some reason I am thinking the slim tongue was international release.

@verse001 ??

One beat and one neat lol . It feels good to have a clean pair now and I caught a letgo come up and wound up paying $40 for these clean *** sea crystals. So now I wanna mess around with the beat pair , clean them, and re-dye them . anybody know where to get sea crystal colored suede dye ? I checked angelus but can't find the right shade

Attachments

• 20170927_204347_HDR.jpg
    20170927_204347_HDR.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 30
One beat and one neat lol . It feels good to have a clean pair now and I caught a letgo come up and wound up paying $40 for these clean *** sea crystals. So now I wanna mess around with the beat pair , clean them, and re-dye them . anybody know where to get sea crystal colored suede dye ? I checked angelus but can't find the right shade

Amazing

Sea crystals are a dope shoe, I love the pair I have now, but once they're dirty I think they're a lost cause my guy. The only way to really clean them is to brutalize the suede; as far as redying, I think it'd be really hard to get such pale colors back to vibrancy. Ask around with some of the restorers on Instagram...but notice you never see any restorations of sea crystals from them or those supposed "shoe cleaning" brands.

Sea crystals are a dope shoe, I love the pair I have now, but once they're dirty I think they're a lost cause my guy. The only way to really clean them is to brutalize the suede; as far as redying, I think it'd be really hard to get such pale colors back to vibrancy. Ask around with some of the restorers on Instagram...but notice you never see any restorations of sea crystals from them or those supposed "shoe cleaning" brands.
Trueee, I guess I'll just beat my first pair into the ground before I break out that cleaner pair lol. They are such a dope shoe though. I'm still salty that the retro low was made into an iw instead of a trd, but glad because they still ****ted on the retro quality-wise.

Back
Top Bottom