2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

At the end of the day, anything can be automated. There really is no long term solution to beat bots. Even a two step authentication wouldn't work. There are APIs that can access SMS messages on iphone and android.

Which is why I was saying:
If for some reason someone figures out a way to get around that and they can program a bot to put in the code it should be easy to tell. Deny that person the chance to purchase if they input the code faster than humanly possible.

The human element is key, having the procedure change every release so bots won't be programmed to know what to do would seem to work. The point was there is a lot of options that could at least be tried, all they need is resources and a desire to try them, which doesn't exist.

I also admit I'm no professional coder, so I don't pretend to be an expert in this field. I Just refuse to believe a company as big and with as much resources as Nike couldn't at least mitigate this problem if they wanted to.

I’m super duper bias but those that didn’t like Black Hornets..... Tell me why? I feel like execution was solid. Quality wasn’t great but was above average.

I actually really liked them when I first saw them. But, the more I looked at them,I started to really turn against them. I love out- there shoes. But that chameleon leather with the elephant print kind of made it look like a children’s shoe. Plus I wasn’t a fan of the stinger on the swoosh.

It wasn't a hard dislike but more of an easy pass. I thought the elephant print clashed pattern wise and the stinger was weirdly placed. I really loved that chameleon chrome shift look but I already had a pair of the all-star Jordan 1s that came out a year before with the same material.

The human element is key, having the procedure change every release so bots won't be programmed to know what to do would seem to work. The point was there is a lot of options that could at least be tried, all they need is resources and a desire
to try them, which doesn't exist.

I also admit I'm no professional coder, so I don't pretend to be an expert in this field. I Just refuse to believe a company as big and with as much resources as Nike couldn't at least mitigate this problem if they wanted to.

I've been a software engineer for over a decade. There is really no way to differentiate a request from a bot and a human. Any system can be beat, and with machine learning tools, it's just going to get tougher.

You're right though, if violence at sneaker drops didn't make them change their policies, then I can't see them making any changes to at least try to stop bots.

The human element is key, having the procedure change every release so bots won't be programmed to know what to do would seem to work. The point was there is a lot of options that could at least be tried, all they need is resources and a desire to try them, which doesn't exist.

These are all great ideas for consumers. However, there is little incentive for retailers to invest this kind of time and effort - all they care about is moving inventory, and if it sells, I doubt they care much whether a bot or a SB-head buys it.

These are all great ideas for consumers. However, there is little incentive for retailers to invest this kind of time and effort - all they care about is moving inventory, and if it sells, I doubt they care much whether a bot or a SB-head buys it.

Actually it does provide incentive. The NYS Attorney General's office sued Ticketmaster for the bot problem.

At the end of the day, anything can be automated. There really is no long term solution to beat bots. Even a two step authentication wouldn't work. There are APIs that can access SMS messages on iphone and android.

not true at all which is why things like Amazon's Mechanical Turk exist

edit: here's a small example of an event 2 days ago....rukus makes an IG post about truck-it lows in stock and taking phone orders. no website update showing new stock. tell me how you automate this.

Last edited:
Actually it does provide incentive. The NYS Attorney General's office sued Ticketmaster for the bot problem.

one of my current colleagues worked at ticketmaster around this time and was involved in them making their own resale platform or whatever. he has some good input about all this. i'll hit him up

edit: here's the drop from a guy that was involved in it:
Long and short of it is fighting bots is cost prohibitive on any time scale. Now matter how much time and money you put in, your measures will be countered eventually in time. From an executive level, it becomes a sunken cost with no real tangible revenue generated against that cost. The inevitable reaction is to not fight them, but control the distribution, i.e. start your own resale platform with in house verification (obviously for a fee of the resale price). The bot problem then becomes a PR issue, rather than a technical one. As a company, you come out of it actually double dipping on a lot of sales. Initial sale of the product, and the ensuing fees on EVERY resale. This will be even more interesting for Nike over Ticketmaster because your product does not have a time limit on it. It can be resold 100s of times potentially. Each time providing Nike will resale revenue. Consumer engagement extends beyond the initial sale. Revenues skyrocket. There is zero downside for Nike as a company. ****, when we introduced it at Ticketmaster the first year translated to a quarter of a BILLION in revenue.

Resale by Nike can come in and play it off as "consumer protection". Keeping fakes out of resale, etc.

I'm legit looking at buying Nike stock for this reason alone. They are at the spot ticketmaster was 2ish years before we launched resale. I wouldn't be surprised if there is internal talk/work being done on a resale platform right now.

Last edited:
So I went for the Rayguns on SNKRS. Thought I caught 1 of my many L's. Yesterday I get a shipping notification from Nike. I'm wondering for what? Thinking maybe fraud. Look in my desktop account and I see the Rayguns shipped (to my address). I look in SNKRS and its shows sold out and nothing in my items purchased. I mean this is a happy surprise but SNKRS is truly one of the worst apps from a Large company I have seen. Anyway has this ever happened to anyone?

So I went for the Rayguns on SNKRS. Thought I caught 1 of my many L's. Yesterday I get a shipping notification from Nike. I'm wondering for what? Thinking maybe fraud. Look in my desktop account and I see the Rayguns shipped (to my address). I look in SNKRS and its shows sold out and nothing in my items purchased. I mean this is a happy surprise but SNKRS is truly one of the worst apps from a Large company I have seen. Anyway has this ever happened to anyone?

Wow crazy! Congrats! Nothing cool like yours but I got a super delayed email from Nike last night about taking the L on the Travis AF1's?! Lol. Guess they needed to rub it in one more time. :stoneface:

Good point, but I’m not holding my breath for any state AGs to sue sneaker bots. (The NY AG sued the companies running bots, not Ticketmaster. And, there is a federal law and a NY law outlawing ticket bots; not sure it would apply to sneaker bots even though the situation is analogous.)

Last edited:
Wow crazy! Congrats! Nothing cool like yours but I got a super delayed email from Nike last night about taking the L on the Travis AF1's?! Lol. Guess they needed to rub it in one more time. :stoneface:

Same, lol. Apparently this happened to a bunch of people.

That’s cool. Did a charge not show up on your bank statement though?

one of my current colleagues worked at ticketmaster around this time and was involved in them making their own resale platform or whatever. he has some good input about all this. i'll hit him up

edit: here's the drop from a guy that was involved in it:

I'm the Ticketmaster guy if anyone has any other questions. Was with them for about 12 years from the start of our bot fighting solutions ranging from straight IP bans, to AI and pattern recognition based on user actions (basically trying to detect if the same pattern of clicks, etc was happening on multiple orders and flagging them for fraud), all the way through to the final launch of the resale platform.

Back
Top Bottom