2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

6D264E42-18E6-4D74-872F-DEFF4D7B97DA.jpeg

Nike sb classic exorcist with a Jedi lace flip happy Sunday. 🤙

Haven't seen a pair of classics in a good minute. Looking pretty Joker-ish with the lace swap.

I don’t care what another man does with his time or money...spending hrs of my day on Friday/Saturday to grab 3-4 pairs of a $100 shoe is not cost effective for me.
I’m Usually Right There With You On That Mentality. Unfortunately This One Seems To Have Paid Off For The Lames :smh:

I don't have an issue with people copping multiples - that's their agenda and I'm not gonna sit here and pocket watch them. Call me dumb if you want, but the few opportunities where I was able to cop multiples I haven't done it. I cop sneakers because I just like them and want to wear them and I want other people to have that same opportunity without paying resale prices. That's just the personality that I have; I don't really care about making a quick buck at other's expense. So as Guccishades Guccishades put it, I'm "leaving money on the table." I guess I am, but I choose to do that because that means there's one more person that probably gets to enjoy the sneaker at retail.

That being said, how ya'll copping multiple of these man?! I just want one at retail 😭

I don't have an issue with people copping multiples - that's their agenda and I'm not gonna sit here and pocket watch them. Call me dumb if you want, but the few opportunities where I was able to cop multiples I haven't done it. I cop sneakers because I just like them and want to wear them and I want other people to have that same opportunity without paying resale prices. That's just the personality that I have; I don't really care about making a quick buck at other's expense. So as @Guccishades put it, I'm "leaving money on the table." I guess I am, but I choose to do that because that means there's one more person that probably gets to enjoy the sneaker at retail.

This x100.

I don't have an issue with people copping multiples - that's their agenda and I'm not gonna sit here and pocket watch them. Call me dumb if you want, but the few opportunities where I was able to cop multiples I haven't done it. I cop sneakers because I just like them and want to wear them and I want other people to have that same opportunity without paying resale prices. That's just the personality that I have; I don't really care about making a quick buck at other's expense. So as Guccishades Guccishades put it, I'm "leaving money on the table." I guess I am, but I choose to do that because that means there's one more person that probably gets to enjoy the sneaker at retail.

That being said, how ya'll copping multiple of these man?! I just want one at retail 😭
That’s your choice but you’re looking at it wrong, you’re not making a buck at others expense cuz the people you leave the shoes behind for are most most likely flipping em. And if the off chance they aren’t why would you pocket watch em anyways?

I say just pay no mind to it. While I agree it doesn’t bring much value to the conversation beside stirring things up, but can’t we try at get the same principle of not paying resale and not engage with it? I would assume most of us are grown mens/women? Especially since what some of you guys are saying is a common occurrence on hype drops. Unfortunately it has become the norm in today’s culture. Bragging and showing off to social media. That’s practically what Instagram is made for. Showing off the new sneakers, bags, children, food, pets, outfit etc... Many people are doing this to get some validation from their peers. If you don’t like what they’re showing, ignore it, move on. It just become this cycle of jealousy and hate. Aren’t we better than this?

That’s your choice but you’re looking at it wrong, you’re not making a buck at others expense cuz the people you leave the shoes behind for are most most likely flipping em. And if the off chance they aren’t why would you pocket watch em anyways?

this.

If that was the case just oop em to someone and they’ll cover the cost.

Anyways I’m done. Best of luck for future drops everyone. Including my newly favorite hater.

I say just pay no mind to it. While I agree it doesn’t bring much value to the conversation beside stirring things up, but can’t we try at get the same principle of not paying resale and not engage with it? I would assume most of us are grown mens/women? Especially since what some of you guys are saying is a common occurrence on hype drops. Unfortunately it has become the norm in today’s culture. Bragging and showing off to social media. That’s practically what Instagram is made for. Showing off the new sneakers, bags, children, food, pets, outfit etc... Many people are doing this to get some validation from their peers. If you don’t like what they’re showing, ignore it, move on. It just become this cycle of jealousy and hate. Aren’t we better than this?

Thank you for understanding the culture.

And if the off chance they aren’t why would you pocket watch em anyways?

I don't see how letting them purchase the shoe at retail on release day is pocket watching them. They're there to purchase the sneaker at retail. And that's why I included "probably" gets to enjoy it at retail - I don't know what their agenda is. All I know is I got mine at retail and that's all I was there to do. If the next person chooses to flip it, then that's their agenda. If they choose to rock it - great.

I don't see how letting them purchase the shoe at retail on release day is pocket watching them. They're there to purchase the sneaker at retail. And that's why I included "probably" gets to enjoy it at retail - I don't know what their agenda is. All I know is I got mine at retail and that's all I was there to do. If the next person chooses to flip it, then that's their agenda. If they choose to rock it - great.
Well you’re assuming they wanna wear the item. To a certain extent that’s pocket watching.

Well you’re assuming they wanna wear the item. To a certain extent that’s pocket watching.
You guys are confusing us giving a **** about reselling/hustling/whatever you do, vs. cluttering up the best thread on NT with your adventures of doing so. I feel bad even responding to it, because that’s just as bad. Hopefully the dumpster fire burns out soon.

It would be nice if they're gonna wear them, but I don't care if they choose to sell it is what I'm saying. They got it at retail and that was my point and intention of not choosing to buy a multiple.

It would be nice if they're gonna wear them, but I don't care if they choose to sell it is what I'm saying. They got it at retail and that was my point and intention of not choosing to buy a multiple.
So my original point of you putting money in someone else’s pocket comes back around. Hypothetically you were first for strangeloves, you go in the store and they don’t have your size or anything close. You’re gonna leave them there for the next guy cuz he wants to wear them? Even if you camped from the day before?
It makes no sense, but everyone has different outlooks on life so it is what it is. I’m just providing a different perspective, whoever don’t like it too bad, press the ignore button if it’s that serious

So my original point of you putting money in someone else’s pocket comes back around. Hypothetically you were first for strangeloves, you go in the store and they don’t have your size or anything close. You’re gonna leave them there for the next guy cuz he wants to wear them? Even if you camped from the day before?
It makes no sense, but everyone has different outlooks on life so it is what it is. I’m just providing a different perspective, whoever don’t like it too bad, press the ignore button if it’s that serious

I think you misinterpreted my original post.

I don't pocket watch in the sense that I don't care that somebody purchases multiples to flip - that's their agenda. I'm just trying to get my 1 pair and I'm out. I just want the pair I was there to get - and if it's not my size I'll try to trade for my size.

And you also misinterpreted what I meant when I said I don't care about "making a quick buck at other's expense." I'm talking about me purchasing multiple pairs to sell to somebody at resale, making a quick buck at the buyer's expense - not that I'm taking a pair from the next guy in line.

Nothing wrong with paying resale. Obviously retail is the goal, but time is money and I sure as hell don't have the time to wait in line, run around entering local raffles, etc.

Paid resale for my Plums yesterday. Kid waited 5 hours in line to make $150 profit or whatever. In my mind, he's the sucker for placing such low value on his time, but in his eyes I'm probably the sucker for basically paying more than 2x retail for some shoes.

Back
Top Bottom